OFFICIAL SP*RS GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rowly

Post by Rowly »

Calo wrote:
OT02 wrote:tonight was not Wenger's fault.

it was the players

fucking disgrace
i disagree

they both to blame
too right, his subs were shit, he took off all the creativity

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Ade guilty at 4-2 with that miss. Argghhh to many if and buts. The bottom line is we have no defense. Stop tormenting yourselves - we're gonna win fuck all but play pretty football. Ironically we're becoming quite like Tottenham - remembered as a good footballing side that win fook all!
We are not like Tottenham. We have style and class, and we work hard with our players, and build on stability.

Tottenham throw money around until things go well.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

the substitutions decimated the side. what was the fucking point???????

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I am fed up with paying 900 quid-a -year to watch Arsenal players make 'inexperienced' errors week after week.

Wenger can sod off and manage a national team, where buying, selling and take-overd aren't a problem. We can win nothing but a shit cup, we are the new Liverpool, without the hope of a chamions league win

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I am fed up with paying 900 quid-a -year to watch Arsenal players make 'inexperienced' errors week after week.

Wenger can sod off and manage a national team, where buying, selling and take-overd aren't a problem. We can win nothing but a shit cup, we are the new Liverpool, without the hope of a chamions league win
Then don't go, vote with your feet. When the club stops making money, the pressure will rise and change will happen.

But that means you have to not go when we draw 4-4 with Tottenham, and not go when we smash teams in the Carling Cup. You can't pick and chose support when you feel like it.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Just got home.

Clichy was superb tonight apart from that weird tumble which led to the 3rd Spurs goal.

Walcott always put them under pressure, should have left him on the pitch.

Nasri looked a bit tired so fine to bring Diaby on.

RvP and Adebayor did not combine well, yet again! Thought RvP played too deep.

Adebayor had a shockingly bad game.

Bentley's chip was good, but sadly it destroyed Almunia's confidence and he started punching all the balls out, sloppy.

Central defence was shaky, Silvestre should have closed Jenas down for the 3rd Spurs goal.

As I said last season, we lack a couple of wise old heads in the squad to bring on and close a game down, hold onto a lead.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Just got in and watched the last 5 minutes again on v plus and then read all this thread with a stiff drink in my hand.

Just wished I'd left at 85 minutes like a lot of the people around me. :roll:

i was saying to my son that had Big Tone been organising the defence it would have been like a fucking brick wall after the 3rd goal went in and jenas and lenoon would have been made aware in no uncertian terms that there is no way through.

I agree with most of the stuff above about Ade etc but when you have a 2 goal lead twice at home and throw it away you can only blame the defence and the captain.

Anybody want our tickets for manure cos I reckon they'll score 6 against us. :banghead: :banghead:

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

Chippy wrote:Just got in and watched the last 5 minutes again on v plus and then read all this thread with a stiff drink in my hand.

i was saying to my son that had Big Tone been organising the defence it would have been like a fucking brick wall after the 3rd goal went in and jenas and lenoon would have been made aware in no uncertian terms that there is no way through.

I agree with most of the stuff above about Ade etc but when you have a 2 goal lead twice at home and throw it away you can only blame the defence and the captain.

Anybody want our tickets for manure cos I reckon they'll score 6 against us. :banghead: :banghead:
YES..YES..YES..YES..YES.........YOU'LL FELL DIFFERENT IN THE MORNING THOUGH

NBM

Post by NBM »

Chippy wrote:Just got in and watched the last 5 minutes again on v plus and then read all this thread with a stiff drink in my hand.

Just got in also, thanks to the spud crunts holding up the tubes at H&I!

Had we had any leadership whatsoever they wouldn't have even had a sniff of a 4th. Defence was a fucking shambles all night except for when we actually looked like we wanted to compete, got in their faces and closed down super fast. Sadly this only happened in ten minutes spells throughout the game and was followed by 10 min periods of lethargy. So from this we can assume the following:

1) Gallas is as much a leader as I am a Spuds fan
2) Denilson can play the defencive midfield role when he wants, but cant keep his concentration consistently for 90 mins and therefore isn't up to the job
3) After singing my fucking heart out for 90 mins (plus an extra 4, seriosuly, where the fuck did 4come from????) and a quality atmosphere at the Grove, after the fans stepped up to the plate and rose to the occasion of a derby why didn't the players? (I feel the answer is in point one)

I need sleep, maybe more drink too, but definately sleep!

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

you stayed till the 94 minute???? did you put the lights of when you left :wink:

aw

Post by aw »

:D :D :D At least we didn't lose :barscarf: :barscarf:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Last edited by hugh jardon on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

NBM

Post by NBM »

jaggygooner wrote:you stayed till the 94 minute???? did you put the lights of when you left :wink:
One of the few mate! As soon as that announcement went out about the Piccadilly being fucked everyone upped and left, take their names and bar them! :banghead: :evil:

Calo

Post by Calo »

Gooner Chris wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:Ade guilty at 4-2 with that miss. Argghhh to many if and buts. The bottom line is we have no defense. Stop tormenting yourselves - we're gonna win fuck all but play pretty football. Ironically we're becoming quite like Tottenham - remembered as a good footballing side that win fook all!
We are not like Tottenham. We have style and class, and we work hard with our players, and build on stability.

Tottenham throw money around until things go well.
our shareholders get rich and the club is held back

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I couldn't even talk about this last night - I was so fecking fuming....!!!

I can't really understand why everyone is focussing their anguish on Adebayor....4 goals should always win any game - and his miss was no worse than RVP. We lost (well, that's what it feels like!!!) this match because:

Gael Clichy (YET AGAIN!) lost concentration (like at Man City and Birmingham last season...) and because Almunia had a mare. Manuel is a decent enough Premier League goalkeeper....but not decent enough for a team harbouring ambitions of winning it....or, and I have to suppress a maniacal laugh at this stage...harbouring ambitions of winning the Champions League!!

Oh, and also because we needed someone with the intelligence of Henry taking the ball down into the corner and running down the clock. But maybe that's the type of "cynical" play that you don't get from a team with an average age of 16 and a half....

The referee had been on our side for most of the match, and I can only think the 4 minutes added time was the forth official's way of trying to even it up...!