charlton sell out

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

should box office cancel ticket sales for charlton away game and re-sell to away scheme members and those with most credits?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:16 pm

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 3

rolypoly

charlton sell out

Post by rolypoly »

this is my 1st ever posting.

i love team but hate the administration. many years ago i successfully obtained compensation for myself and other gooners over the sampdoria farce - for my sins i am a solicitor- and even longer ago argued successfully with club over trying to force me to move from clock end to north bank- older fans will know what i am talking about- so there is black book on me at club and it looks time for battle again.

i always thought away scheme members and then those with most credits had priority for away games. seems fair enough although means it all gets a bit cliquey so shocked to find out today charlton tickets sold out with the priority scheme not used.

i am not away scheme member but with my mates have what seems like hundreds of credits.

if they want to drop scheme from time to time to allow other fans to go -fair enough- but why not do so for some northern distant match rather than a local london game which requires no effort to get to.

i have suggested to box office that as tickets not yet distributed,it has time to cancel sales and start allocation process again.

box office has of course not replied

any one else out there feeling equally aggrieved or am i being selfish.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

The away scheme (which I am on) will already have their allocation held back from those issued to the rest of the buying fans.

So it would only be to re-sale to those with the most away credits.

Maybe they made this decision because they kept having to decrease the credits required for Man Ure.

What happened did it go straight to anyone with no credits?

Robsy

It should have been done on a northern game

Post by Robsy »

Although it's unfair I don't think the tickets should be re-issued.

However, I do agree that rather than pick a London game (easy to get to etc etc) in the future they should pick games up north.

If they're doing it to help fans increase their away credits then it seems fair. But picking games outside London would help make sure that these were the more dedicated fans.

rolypoly

charlton sell out

Post by rolypoly »

sale by - passed away credit scheme.muppet game was sold out so reduction in credits required was not a problem.

what grates as much as anything is that request for explanation from box office simply ignored. Unfortunately customer care has never been a priority for the club.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

My mate has a season ticket and phoned up and asked about Charlton tickets and was told she doesnt have enough credits to which she replied "how do I get credits if I can never get tickets to any away matches? !" Long before the newer gold/silver/red memberships (where you actually get something for your money!) I was a member of the ticket registration scheme where you paid £20 and if you were lucky you got to a couple of games otherwise you just kissed it goodbye. I think I got to 2 games that season and thought the whole thing was a con but I think thats another thread altogether!

banjoboy

Post by banjoboy »

i've had a bit of a touch
got a ticket off a bloke from work, sadly though in the charlton end. behind the dug out so not all bad, as long as dowie don't turn round a show me his ugly mug!
it's bad enough on tv let alone close up!

the box office is a sham
it's a piss take
i have never trusted them :x