Arsene Wenger: a non-knee jerk reaction

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Arsene Wenger: a non-knee jerk reaction

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I wrote this a couple of weeks back but stuck it on the end of an old thread that few people saw! After the last couple of games, it seems more relevant now than then. Let me know what you think, I'm not rabble rousing, merely raising a point.

I swear to God that Wenger is on the verge of a breakdown. The bloke seems unable to spot our frailities and seems to be watching other games when he asked to assess our performances- I know that he's always had a problem with his eyesight but this is now getting ridiculous.
I'm fed up with his moaning and groaning about the direction football is taking and to be honest, he appears at times, to be more interested in the comings and goings of Man City, Chavsea and Manure than he does in Arsenal football club. Surely he needs to wake up and accept that foreigners own football clubs and that this is the way the game has gone.

We are in a poor position at the moment, not getting points from games that we should be comfortably winning, not able to compete with the spending power of other clubs, not willing to pay higher wages to keep big name players and holding on to his belief that youngsters will win Premership titles. It's time he got his head out of the sand, started seeing the faults that this team have and put his hands up and accpet that he has significantly weakened Arsenal in recent years by not investing in new players to enable us to challenge fot the top honours.

Wenger may not be to blame, the board may hold the purse strings in the market place but the buck stops with him when it comes to tactics and selection. If he does want to win things with younger players, I'm sure there's a palce for him as an U21 boss somewhere.Right now,Arsenal football club need a boot up the backside on all fronts and I'm starting to see too much of George Graham's last days in Wenger's current style. George couldn't adapt to mid 90s football, the money and the player power. Wenger can't seem to adapt to late 2000s football. Is it time not for an ultimatum: either we win something soon or Wenger 'retires?'

digger

Post by digger »

Hard to disagree with you.

Wenger spent most of last week talking about Ramos' sacking saying it was a mistake - 7 points out of 9 (including games against top four opposition) suggest otherwise, but more importantly, what the fuck has that got to do with Wenger?

Rather than mouthing off to the press about other clubs he should be forcing the team to put in double training sessions, ban them talking to the media (players have big mouths, small minds) and assessing his managerial style - bouncing a water bottle then going off for a sulk is not the way to turn a team with a good 5/6 "average" players into world beaters.

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

digger wrote:Hard to disagree with you.

Wenger spent most of last week talking about Ramos' sacking saying it was a mistake - 7 points out of 9 (including games against top four opposition) suggest otherwise, but more importantly, what the fuck has that got to do with Wenger?

Rather than mouthing off to the press about other clubs he should be forcing the team to put in double training sessions, ban them talking to the media (players have big mouths, small minds) and assessing his managerial style - bouncing a water bottle then going off for a sulk is not the way to turn a team with a good 5/6 "average" players into world beaters.
Maybe it's his tactic to keep Ramos in, so that we didn't need to suffer from a fucking draw :lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

It is all about Wenger's non balanced team selections.

Then in January, it is about sorting out

Defensive Central Midfielder.

Centre backs.

Rob

Re: Arsene Wenger: a non-knee jerk reaction

Post by Rob »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I wrote this a couple of weeks back but stuck it on the end of an old thread that few people saw! After the last couple of games, it seems more relevant now than then. Let me know what you think, I'm not rabble rousing, merely raising a point.

I swear to God that Wenger is on the verge of a breakdown. The bloke seems unable to spot our frailities and seems to be watching other games when he asked to assess our performances- I know that he's always had a problem with his eyesight but this is now getting ridiculous.
I'm fed up with his moaning and groaning about the direction football is taking and to be honest, he appears at times, to be more interested in the comings and goings of Man City, Chavsea and Manure than he does in Arsenal football club. Surely he needs to wake up and accept that foreigners own football clubs and that this is the way the game has gone.

We are in a poor position at the moment, not getting points from games that we should be comfortably winning, not able to compete with the spending power of other clubs, not willing to pay higher wages to keep big name players and holding on to his belief that youngsters will win Premership titles. It's time he got his head out of the sand, started seeing the faults that this team have and put his hands up and accpet that he has significantly weakened Arsenal in recent years by not investing in new players to enable us to challenge fot the top honours.

Wenger may not be to blame, the board may hold the purse strings in the market place but the buck stops with him when it comes to tactics and selection. If he does want to win things with younger players, I'm sure there's a palce for him as an U21 boss somewhere.Right now,Arsenal football club need a boot up the backside on all fronts and I'm starting to see too much of George Graham's last days in Wenger's current style. George couldn't adapt to mid 90s football, the money and the player power. Wenger can't seem to adapt to late 2000s football. Is it time not for an ultimatum: either we win something soon or Wenger 'retires?'

I read that the first time PAG and agree with it. Something has to give because we can't carry on like this.