Denilson's Reserve Debut

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chunky The Gooner

Denilson's Reserve Debut

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I didnt get over to Barnet last night so did anybody see Denilson's debut? Ive seen Fran Merida play and he definately looks like another Arsene gem . Despite his young age he already looks so comfortable and what price a carling cup match debut for the youngster?

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Anyone know what's happened to Merida, i thought he was going to be the next young lion to make the step up. Let's beat these blu 'n shite bastards. C'MON U RED AND WHITE ARSENAL BOYS.

dean

Post by dean »

unless he is injured i have no idea where the hell hes gone, he wasnt involved for the reserves in monday nights 3-0 defeat to the ****, and as far as i know hasnt played for the youth in a while either. But then again he is only 16

supposedly has the potential to be better then fabgregas, also signed from barca, now all we have to do is nick giovani dos santos of them :P

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Deano mate, i just checked out the official website and Fran played in our win against Ipswich on jan 20(3-2). It was the Academy U18's and he scored twice, so he's doing well. From what i heard though he was expected to be a lot further advanced than that. I thought he'd be a regular reserve after watching him some months ago. As they say though, Cream will always Rise.

dean

Post by dean »

Ah good to see he is actually playing, i did check out the site last night but it wouldnt let me check the ipswich game.

REB

Re: Denilson's Reserve Debut

Post by REB »

good man chunky , great thread :barscarf: :D

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

What the fuck do I know anyway?!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the one thing I remember about Denilson was that at least he knew how to pass a ball - something this current team really seem to struggle with nowadays

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Gunner Rob wrote:the one thing I remember about Denilson was that at least he knew how to pass a ball - something this current team really seem to struggle with nowadays
He had a better pass completion rate than Fabregas

I'll just leave it there.

:lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Gunner Rob wrote:the one thing I remember about Denilson was that at least he knew how to pass a ball SIDEWAYS - something this current team really seem to struggle with nowadays
Fixed that for you :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i disagree - wheelchair is fab at passing sideways as are the rest of our midget midfielders.

the lads up front are coming along too - though alexis and welbeck need some work, and worryingly Ox is occasionally reverting to going at players and being all quick and direct some games :banghead:

but don't worry, thats just a hangover from the England camps. wenger will soon have that malarky trained back out of him like he did with Ozil (remember when Ozil had the most assists in Europe :shudder: :? ).

THERES....... :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:the one thing I remember about Denilson was that at least he knew how to pass a ball - something this current team really seem to struggle with nowadays
He had a better pass completion rate than Fabregas

I'll just leave it there.

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We don't have an emoticon that sufficiently expresses my anger reading this post. So I'll go with a combo of;

:x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :box: :cussing: :censored: :oops: :banghead: :evil: :twisted: :shock:

Denilson was utter utter shite. His "passing" was 5 yards sideways passes. If he tried anything more advanced than that then it went straight into touch 10 yards behind his intended target or directly to the feet of the oppo player he somehow didn't see standing large as life between him and his intended target. :roll: Utter fucking dogshit. :roll:

The one thing, and it's really the ONLY thing you need to remember about Legohead, was that fucking simpleton smile on his face as he casually jogged back after the Grannymolester, whilst even the fucking referee (who had started running at least 10 yards behind Legohead) overtook him. Remember THAT. :evil: