Northerners

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Post by g88ner »

The Goyt Valley looks very nice, Spuddy.
Radford149 wrote:
aaaarrrrggghhhh, where are the shops where i can get a paper and some eggs etc at 2 in the morning? where is the multiplex? where is the take away gaff when i can't be bothered to heat up my ready meal? where is the boozer? and where are the fucking roads? :banghead: :banghead:
HAHA! Radford, that post cracked me up! :lol:

Nice_Guy

Post by Nice_Guy »

g88ner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:That sounds like a good arrangement!

My summers of late have been spent rushing round London by tube, which I am grateful for having to get around but grimace everytime I get squashed in the carriage against a mass of unwashed sweaty commuters who have just eaten garlic!
:lol:

Sounds fun...

there's a very funny Comedian called Michael Mcintyre and this clip below, in which he describes London life is very funny! :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2l4yUBY6M
Michael McIntyre-Legend

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

most gooners are from the fucking north - that's why our support is shit - they have no passion for the Islington Area, the history of the area they all turn up on there fucking trains go to the Emirtates sit there for a fucking hour and half and then back on the trains and piss off back up north - try holding a conversation with them is a joke - i have to keep explaining rhyming slang to them :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

[quote=""Chunky Monkey&quo"]most gooners are from the fucking north - that's why our support is shit - they have no passion for the Islington Area, the history of the area they all turn up on there fucking trains go to the Emirtates sit there for a fucking hour and half and then back on the trains and piss off back up north - try holding a conversation with them is a joke - i have to keep explaining rhyming slang to them :barscarf:[/quote]

Fack off! :wink:

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

[quote=""Chunky Monkey&quo"]most gooners are from the fucking north - that's why our support is shit - they have no passion for the Islington Area, the history of the area they all turn up on there fucking trains go to the Emirtates sit there for a fucking hour and half and then back on the trains and piss off back up north - try holding a conversation with them is a joke - i have to keep explaining rhyming slang to them :barscarf:[/quote]

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

g88ner wrote:[quote=""Chunky Monkey&quo"]most gooners are from the fucking north - that's why our support is shit - they have no passion for the Islington Area, the history of the area they all turn up on there fucking trains go to the Emirtates sit there for a fucking hour and half and then back on the trains and piss off back up north - try holding a conversation with them is a joke - i have to keep explaining rhyming slang to them :barscarf:
Fack off! :wink:[/quote]

:barscarf: up yours you northern git :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

[quote=""Chunky Monkey&quo"]
g88ner wrote:[quote=""Chunky Monkey&quo"]most gooners are from the fucking north - that's why our support is shit - they have no passion for the Islington Area, the history of the area they all turn up on there fucking trains go to the Emirtates sit there for a fucking hour and half and then back on the trains and piss off back up north - try holding a conversation with them is a joke - i have to keep explaining rhyming slang to them :barscarf:
Fack off! :wink:[/quote]

:barscarf: up yours you northern git :lol:[/quote]

was that cockney slang? went right over my head! and where is this Is-ling-ton you speak of? :lol:

Welcome to the forum 8)

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

use your loaf - you sound like a right Iron

thanks for welcoming me to the board - :)

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

g88ner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote: The countryside is great in most parts of England and the little Northern villages can be as nice as those anywhere else.

But the Northern hillbilly towns are not for me..Burnley, Rochdale, Oldham.

Give me London anytime.
London is a very special place to live, and not just because of Arsenal 8)

I think I have the best of both world's, as I live in a great, vibrant city (Bristol) which is close enough to London for me to make every Premier League home game, and a few cup games too.

But then, summer comes and I can retreat to the Lake District and enjoy the amazing scenery and relaxed lifestyle.

I'm happy with that :wink:
Bristol vibrant and great... :shock: I've been there for half an hour and the car got broken into and everything nicked. Smashed all the windows, too. :evil: :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SWLGooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote: The countryside is great in most parts of England and the little Northern villages can be as nice as those anywhere else.

But the Northern hillbilly towns are not for me..Burnley, Rochdale, Oldham.

Give me London anytime.
London is a very special place to live, and not just because of Arsenal 8)

I think I have the best of both world's, as I live in a great, vibrant city (Bristol) which is close enough to London for me to make every Premier League home game, and a few cup games too.

But then, summer comes and I can retreat to the Lake District and enjoy the amazing scenery and relaxed lifestyle.

I'm happy with that :wink:
Bristol vibrant and great... :shock: I've been there for half an hour and the car got broken into and everything nicked. Smashed all the windows, too. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Probably by some scousers on hols there... :wink:

ds

Post by ds »

Radford149 wrote:
g88ner wrote:Bloody hell... it's not depressing up north! honest! :lol:

I'm originally from the Lake District - and my parents still live there - and I can tell you it's beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!

aaaarrrrggghhhh, where are the shops where i can get a paper and some eggs etc at 2 in the morning? where is the multiplex? where is the take away gaff when i can't be bothered to heat up my ready meal? where is the boozer? and where are the fucking roads? :banghead: :banghead:
I find it frightening that I am agreeing more and more with old Radders

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SWLGooner wrote:
Well, if you insist on parkng in Bristol Zoo's monkey enclosure... :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

g88ner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:That sounds like a good arrangement!

My summers of late have been spent rushing round London by tube, which I am grateful for having to get around but grimace everytime I get squashed in the carriage against a mass of unwashed sweaty commuters who have just eaten garlic!

Sounds fun...

there's a very funny Comedian called Michael Mcintyre and this clip below, in which he describes London life is very funny! :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2l4yUBY6M
Thanks...he sums it up well.

:D

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

g88ner wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
Well, if you insist on parkng in Bristol Zoo's monkey enclosure... :roll:

War Museum parking lot... ..I think. Some sort of crappy museum?

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

the north is one big museum...awful place. i'm all for building a wall around the m25. :barscarf: :barscarf: