Simpson for Bentner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Lanesratoo

Simpson for Bentner

Post by Lanesratoo »

:( Saw Bentner on Arsenal.com saying he's NOW a 'team player'! He doesn't even give his team mates eye contact and he especially ignores Fab. And so lazy. Stands waiting waiting waiting and then opens his hands to demand the ball. I couldn't believe the Prof played 4-5-1 with him as loan 'striker' - no wonder we were hopeless in the final third against the Villa. I so want to see Jay Simpson in the senior team. H's a similar age to Theo so why not reward his talent and passion with selection? We'll lose him because he'll think he can never get selected. And send Fab on holiday and play Wilshere. Now is the time to be brave, Mr Wenger. We can't win the League but we can show faith in theose coming through and we punters get to watch commitment. :barscarf:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

welcome to the forum. Just a warning, ignore the one that calls himself Gus. He is a pervert that dresses in his wifes underwear and sticks mobile telephones up his....ooh matron :lol:
Not sure Wilshire is ready for that just yet but I agree with giving Simpson a go. I wouldn't start him but the last 30 minutes could be a reasonable test.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Welcome to the forum, mate. Watch out for Dicko (Mrs Kevinho) as she luuuuurvs Bendtner... :shock: :wink:

And watch out for **** in the gnude... scary.... :wink:

And watch out for Spudmasher; he is just a cuntslop. Only kidding... he's a geebag. :wink:

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

ive got an interesting theory about bendtner that il try and explain in my lunchbreak.

i feel he has the potential and certainly the confidence, but feels underminded by the other more senior members of the squad. i also feel playing up fron on his own is hard work for him as he is very indecisive as the moment - he holds the ball up well but generally loses it after doing well in the air. he drifts out wide far too often, and i think he feels under pressure to perform due to adebayor. when ade is on the bench, i think he feels more under pressure to perform after their fiasco last season. however he does seem to play better with ade up front i.e. west ham away, and he improved slightly when ade was on with him on sat. he seems to be able to do it at international level tho, but i feel he may not make it with us as he suits a team who play a different style of football

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tomkingsbury wrote:ive got an interesting theory about bendtner that il try and explain in my lunchbreak.

i feel he has the potential and certainly the confidence, but feels underminded by the other more senior members of the squad. i also feel playing up fron on his own is hard work for him as he is very indecisive as the moment - he holds the ball up well but generally loses it after doing well in the air. he drifts out wide far too often, and i think he feels under pressure to perform due to adebayor. when ade is on the bench, i think he feels more under pressure to perform after their fiasco last season. however he does seem to play better with ade up front i.e. west ham away, and he improved slightly when ade was on with him on sat. he seems to be able to do it at international level tho, but i feel he may not make it with us as he suits a team who play a different style of football
Pretty good summation Tom. Would agree with that. 8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:Welcome to the forum, mate. Watch out for Dicko (Mrs Kevinho) as she luuuuurvs Bendtner... :shock: :wink:

And watch out for Spudmasher; he is just a cuntslop. Only kidding... he's a geebag. :wink:
I wish you'd stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean for a change.

Lucky charms......buy my lucky charms. Let me tell your fortune.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Welcome along, that was a very strong first post too :wink:

There is no doubt that against Manure old Bender showed some great positional sense, he often popped up between Vidic and Rio which not too many strikers can do. However, maybe the pace of Simpson might be worth trying out as I for one am not totally sold on Bender at all.

Ten minutes here and there for Vela is a waste of time and most of all, skill and ability. Wilshere for Cesc, not sure on that at all. I thought Jack the lad was more of a wide player. But Ramsey for Cesc for a while in order for the Spaniard to get his head right could, and I believe would, work just fine.

If Cesc ever does get fed up with us I think Aaron Ramsey is a ready made new Cesc.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Welcome to the forum, mate. Watch out for Dicko (Mrs Kevinho) as she luuuuurvs Bendtner... :shock: :wink:

And, it seems, he's a gypsy too... :shock: :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Better than being a Pikey mate...and a goat rapist at that :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Rebel's the goat rapist (from Cork). I'm from Dublin. We fucked all your woman? Remember? huh? All your women? We fucked them? Remember? They do... :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Rebel's the goat rapist (from Cork). I'm from Dublin. We fucked all your woman? Remember? huh? All your women? We fucked them? Remember? They do... :wink:
Yeah they do, but we all remember eddie the eagle as well. Why, cos he was shit as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote: I wish you'd stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean for a change.

Yeah they do, but we all remember eddie the eagle as well. Why, cos he fucked me in my fart factory :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eddie the Eagle??!! Were you pissed??!! :shock: :wink:

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

tomkingsbury wrote:however he does seem to play better with ade up front
are you having a laugh :lol: fuck, i could of killed the pair of 'em at brum shity last season they are like 2 beanpoles upfront/too similar :banghead:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Simpson has had one game and that was where his movment meant he fed off an on form midfield. I don't see him having the strength to handle big defenders and hold the ball up as Nic has had to do

Besides we could put Pele and Van Basten up front, won't mean a thing as the midfield seems to refuse to give any striker the ball against Villa.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Bentdner and Simpsons are not up to the fucking job - get Eduardo back he is the best striker at the club

my front four would be Eduardo, RVP, Vela & Walcott -