Gallas stripped of the captaincy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tinpot lane

Gallas stripped of the captaincy

Post by tinpot lane »

and dropped for tomorrows game

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

yep, i was typing this up.

then arseblogger posted it, :evil:

http://goonertalk.com/2008/11/21/exclus ... captaincy/

Magic Merse
Location: Stanford-le-hope, home of the world famous Dougie from McFly

Post by Magic Merse »

What is it with our Center Backs loosing the plot. Sol, William, the list goes on...... well maby not. oh actually big phil went a bit doolaly. So just to confirm the list of center backs that have lost the plot are sol, will and phil.

Calo

Post by Calo »

this isnt the way to deal with this im afraid

the players have to respect the captain and the change if needed should b at the end of the season

if coco the clown get the capatncy I will go mad !!!!

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

It wouldn't surprise me if either Clichy or Cesc get it.

But, Almunia and Kolo are certainly contenders for the captaincy, I wouldn't bet against them tbh.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I knew there was a reason Wenger was bigging up Djourou earlier in the week :)

Only the people inside the club will know what's really going on but I just hope Wenger doesn this because of the write reasons and not the pressure from the outside. I know it's very unlikely he would care what other people think but the pressure is huge at the moment.

Another problem is that there's no one else who I can think of as a great captian in the team anyway. Clichy..yeah, maybe, but is he really a leader? Will he square up to Rooney or Lampard and defend his team mates when needed? I can't see it. Toure, way too much of a nice guy as well who wants to be everybodies friend. Fabregas would probably be the best candidate in my opinion but I don't see him as a leader, epsecially when things aren't going our way, and the fact that Wenger seem to pick the oldest one or the one that's been at the club for the longest period of time is againt him as well.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'm still waiting for official word...

but, with Myles Palmer, Arseblogger, and Gunnerblog all hearing the news "from different sources", it certainly seems to be gathering momentum.

Calo

Post by Calo »

g88ner wrote:I'm still waiting for official word...

but, with Myles Palmer, Arseblogger, and Gunnerblog all hearing the news "from different sources", it certainly seems to be gathering momentum.
OH DEAR DEAR DEAR DEAR

we going to take over newcastlke as laughting stock soon

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Thats impossible calo :D

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

ssn confirmed it
yeeeeeeees

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

as expected almunia tomorrow

cesc or gael for cap :barscarf:

db10kent

Post by db10kent »

The right decision I fancy cesc to take over might keep him here

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Too right. Being captain of Arsenal is an honour and one that you have to earn the right to do. If you look back at the history of Arsenal Football Club, our captains have been some of the biggest names in world football from people like Alex James to Frank Mclintock, Big Tone, Vieria and Henry. Gallas never fitted into that catergory and never had any passion about him. To turn around and attack your own players shows how little you think of the club and your comrades. In my opinion he can sod off out of the club and play elsewhere for what remains of his career.

In the words Rocky Rocastle who never had the honour of captaining us for any length of time; 'When you touch one of us, you touch us all."
:redwhite:

Calo

Post by Calo »

gallas is not even travelling to the game

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

we know :roll: