Henry set to join Barcelona

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner Chris

Henry set to join Barcelona

Post by Gooner Chris »

Barcelona are set to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry for a fee believed to be about £16m, according to reports coming out of Spain.
The player's agent, Jeff Weston, told BBC Sport: "The SEM Group have no comment to make."
Last edited by Gooner Chris on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

Quell surprise as they say in the durdoigne.

Remember "Wenger knows!"

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Looks like the "Ego" has left us.Good luck to ya tel if that is the case. He looked a shadow last year with his injury but cash in now and wish him the best.

Cheers for "Madrid" away. never to be forgotten.
nice one.

AFC
C'mon

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Well it looks as though all the speculation is over and the line of "no comment" suggests that the deal is in the process of being finalised. If this is the case then i really do hope that the 16million figure is an error.

For christ's sake Carrick went to United for that figure and he is hardly in Henry's class is he.

All i can say is Arsene better have a good replacement lined up becasue i am certainly starting to think that Arsene doesnt seem to know anymore.

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

Goodbye legend.

Forever you will be remembered in the hearts of all true Gooners

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

£16 million? Please tell me that is a joke?? If not the Board need to do some explaining.

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

he's gone for 24 million euros. 16 million quid

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

If anybody is like me i'm not as disappointed as i thought.

The king is dead, long live the (new) king?

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

As i said previously, 16million is an absolute piss take. He is supposedly in his prime and there were rumoured bids of 40million upwards only last close season, talk about depreciation!

This board has certainly got a lot to nswer for if they allow TH to leave at a cut price value.

So what does 16million buy as a replacement? Eto'o's left pinkie? I for one am dreading the thought of going into next season with Adebayor and RVP as our strike force, as well as both of them did last season.

United and Chelsea must be laughing their socks off, Arsenal losing their talisman and at a snip to boot!

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Looks like half of our songs have just left for Barca too!!
C'mon boys stay positive and lets focus on the players that are staying to play for the club!!
Lets get some proper songs for our boys, All of them!!!

AFC
C'mon

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

its 100% official. Barca representives are in London discussing with Arsenal. The deal will be done 22:00 GMT.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

And the next question we have to ask is whether AW is going to commit to the club long term now? If he doesnt commit himself by January i can honestly see players such as RVP and Cesc deciding to leave as well.

The only thing that will help after this is AW coming out and signing a contract for another 4 or 5 years.

Has moving to AG cost us the ability to keep players of world class level, i think it may just have.

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

Certainly not confirmed by Official Arsenal sources, but it is been reported by Spanish Radio and TV - not just the usual Marca made up stuff.

But it has been indicated that our Captain has left and signed a 4 year deal with the Catalan giants.

Not sure what to think if it is true, is it good or bad? suppose a lot depends on who is brought into replace him and also whether Wenger stays?

What do you all think? Is this more Spanish propoganda?

UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE

******it seems that he has left and this time I think we can accept that he has gone, everyone seems convinced?************
Strangely I am not sure how I feel about this news.

What does this mean? Is wenger going to walk as well?

But there again we had this with Vieria, he has cleaned his locker out, but stayed.?

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

Last years contract was a knee jerk reaction to the disappointment of a champions league final loss. last seasons display gave evidence of a player needing a change. Who can blame him?

In his time at arsenal he has given much pleasure and the number of goals/assists cannot be faulted. This will be his final major move, cheerio.

The club moves on. We have never bought the big star names and doubt we ever will. Thats why we love the arsenal!

Victoria Concordia Crescit!

T.S

Post by T.S »

I feel very bitter about this. This is Patrick Vieira all over again. Would someone like to tell me how Henry is worth the same as Darren fucking Bent?

Fuck sake.

For what it's worth, Arsene won't walk - he's got a contract and has always honoured contracts. After next year? Well, that's another matter.

Hopefully Arsene will have something up his sleeve - however, I doubt it. Ryan Babel in place of Thierry Henry? Give me strength. If it isn't a world class striker (and I mean WORLD CLASS) then I will not be happy.

This is all I have to say on this matter. Full stop.