The REAL Atmosphere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

Arsenal have many qualities over the Chelsk, one reason is that we don;t let money rule us, we follow our hearts not our heads, and the passion which we support the club has made this club unqiue and special to everyone.

Actually, people don;t sing the 'Stand up with you Hate Tottenham' song very often, only twice during again, and they sing a variation of that song called 'Stand up for the Arsenal' twice too, so thats only 4 times during a game, and thats perfectly fine, im not complaining, and it gives us a chance to rally the fans, get up and sing your heart out.

In replying to that article on how fans leaving early, I have to admit it;s not good for players, but when you need to get home early it is important to beat the queue. I'd rather be able to get home and get some sleep because of my A-levels. and having to wait in lines for up to an hour is not really the best way to relax after a great nights football. Better transport systems need to be implemented.

banjoboy

Post by banjoboy »

i get your point about the stand up spuds song but i do feel it's overused. would much rather be singing about our boys though.
it's good that since we have moved more and more fans are trying to pull together and improve the atmosphere.

just hope that some of these new songs are picked up and we can turn home games into really noisey affairs

up the arse!

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

The reason it feels overused is because there are not enough songs, there was just too little variety, which is why we need to e-mail redaicton and get as many didferent songs sung as possible. I would perfer to have much more to sing

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I have to say that I'm well pleased about the atmosphere, was above the Zagreb support and felt they outsang us, went home disappointed cos I'd sung myself hoarse and nobody wanted to join in....

However, every match since then we've got behind the lads and what's pleasing is that now you can hear different sections of the crowd singing.

Look at how our results are improving!! I have noticed one or two posts saying that the Red Section should do this or that - why don't we all get involved and not just leave it to the red section?

Did everyone hear our away support at Charlton - phenomenal!!! Well done the away boyz!!!

jamesyt

Post by jamesyt »

HAVE TO SAY AWAY SUPPORT SOUNDED CLASS AT CHARLTON EVEN WHEN THEY WENT AHEAD YOU COULD STILL HERE OUR BOYS!!
TAKE A BOW SONS!!
YOU LOT DONT RELIASE HOW LUCKY YOU SODS ARE, US POOR GOONERS WHO LIVE OVER THE POND IN NORN IRELAND CAN ONLY DREAM OF GOING TO WATCH THE LADS EVERYWEEK. POOR OLD ME HAS TO DO WITH 4 OR 5 TRIPS A SEASON. 4AM STARTS ETC ETC
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK UNTIL I GET OVER TO SEE US BEAT LIVERPOOL AND SP~RS
ALL TOGETHER NOW GOOD OLD ARSENAL.......

Robsy

Death Valley

Post by Robsy »

We sang nearly all the way through the Charlton game. But the Charlton boys were silent, I think they sang two songs all game. The place was dead. Their football was no better, admittedly we made it a nervous end to the game, but Charlton didn't deserve to get anything from the game. They've got championship written all over.

But we gave a good account of ourselves and on witnessing how silent the Valley was, makes me think that the Grove is already sounding better than some...

ooh2ooh2b

Post by ooh2ooh2b »

Gents,

I'm sitting in the red action section and it really does fill me with pride sometimes.... We are loud, often witty, but more often than not supportive.

It is starting to spread round the ground and its getting better. Paitence is needed while every one gets used to the new place

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

Spot on. it's begginning to catch on, and things are gathering momentuim fast. The boys are getting behind the team, we just need ot create more of a selection to sing.