The REAL Atmosphere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner89

The REAL Atmosphere

Post by Gooner89 »

In response to simmos's post about the atmosphere being a shambles, i am writing this to protest against that, and to tell everyone how i feel the atmosphere has in fact been improved.

As a season ticket holder with my dad, we have been lucky to go to more home games, and fitting them around work and A-levels has been easy. the stadium has taken some getting used to, but at the Porto game last night for example, i felt as if the crowd really got behind the team and really tried to dispose of the Library myth. every 5 minutes, maybe less, a song was around our end, behind the goalmouth. I have already met a few fellow seaon ticket holders, especially one vocal fan sitting 4 seats down. whenever there was a chant around, especially one where everyone gets up. we would look at each other and grin, then stand up and sing our hearts out. The crowd would get behind it and everyone would be up, and for at least 5 minutes we were singing to 'God' in his executive box. The crowd were determined to get behind the team that night, and in the other games now we are setting in, and i feel the atmosphere and support is becoming more vocal and cheery, despite the lack of new chants. The new stadium has shown how the chants can resonate effectivley and cleanly, and with 22,000 more fans, the voices can certainly be heard better, which is good for encouraging everyone to join in. Now we are settling in, we can sing louder and clearer and last night showed that things are coming good very soon. I look forward to future games where we can sing as loud as we want.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

i agree mate . it was a great atmosphere last night ,best so far.

i dont think we will ever beat atmosphere of juventus at highbury last season, i swear i saw the east stand swaying that night

Robsy

better...

Post by Robsy »

I agree.

Every game it's getting better. Against the Blades was easily the best prem game for singing in the north upper and last night was probably the best overall. More people are singing and the chants are starting up from all over. I think one even started in the 'east' stand and went right round last night.

I had a villa mate who sat in the away end for the first game of the season, he even said that the noise from us was amazing - so what must it be like for visitors now we're getting organised!

We need more songs, but that'll come.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Outstanding fellas.
Everyone last night seemed to be joining in with various chants.
I moved last night from the red action section to the club level as a mate couldnt go. I was a bit sceptical to say the least about my new surroundings but the noise that is generated from mainly the north end of the ground that then spreads is awsome. Even 25% of the "Elite" season ticket holders want to make a difference.
Great effort people.

AFC
C'mon

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

Thanks for the hearty replies.

I do admit, Champions league games have an atmosphere of thier own, but the crowd were determined last night, while Porto fans were so quiet, i don't think they sang all night, compared to Boro fans, who tried to get behind thier team so fair play to them. I just hope when the 14th comes around and we are at Home once again, that everyone will bellow and sacrifice thier voices for the sake of the team. I encourage all fans, whenever a chant comes our way, to stand up, raise your arms and keep it moving, we may have few songs, but an atmosphere is a brilliant start :) the Ground is starting to pay off now, i just want more colour where the grey billboards are and perhaps soem bins :P

simmo

Post by simmo »

in my defence, i did say that that area behind the goals is where all the good atmosphere is, its just where we sat for that shefield game wasnt so good. im not saying arsenal fans are boring, but where we was sat there really wasnt that much singing i enjoyed the view and the game, but we missed out on the singing it was all coming from below behind the goals.

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

In the games i have seen, the chanting was everywhere, in the corners, on the sides, behind the goals, everything, it was beautful to watch. It was like a cue. :P

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

At times Gooners can be quiet but I was sitting right next to red action section and there where times we where bloody loud but then there was times no one had the bottle to sing a song!

Its annoying when you have a daytripper sitting next to you or behind you and all they want to do is to watch the game in silence. We need to stand up and be counted!

If someone near by where your sitting is tutting as you wish to sing for your team and throw your support behind them, just do what I do Sing LOUDER!

Its great having a 60,000 seater stadium but lets not feel it with silent muppets like Man USA. Be vocal, Be proud, Be a Gooner

donaldo

Brilliant atmosphere

Post by donaldo »

The atomosphere has improved so much from Highbury with all sides of the ground not afraid to sing. It is wonderful.

One complaint again about the Redaction singing section cant they singing anything else other than stand up if you hate tottenham? It gets boring after the 10th time.What about pro Arsenal songs.Also some fans tried to get the Jesus said Paddy song going v Porto.Why dont the singing section start singing it?

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

On the back of the lastest article on the website - the one about the lack of flags in the stadium - I reckon the general (or visual) atmosphere of the Grove could be improved if people started hanging flags round the upper section.

Now the singing is better we should also take the opportunity to stamp our (the fans) mark on the place before it gets taken up with corporate adverts and shite.

I've been talking about doing a flag for ages (since the France 98 WC) and I'm now gonna do it...

It basically the responsibility of fans in the upper stands to sort this, you can't expect the boxes or corporate lot to do it, especially if they don't see anyone else bothering.

Bring on the european atmosphere and get the place rocking

jamesyt

atmosphere i'll give you atmosphere

Post by jamesyt »

best atmosphere in land can currently be found in belfast on norn ireland match days believe me, only bout 14000 but they rock the place, dont take may word for it go on utube.com(type norn ireland or green and white army should do) and check them out, game against spain and engerland were esp special.

some drums seem to get the party going if you ask me, pompey fans seem to do same me thinks. Some help from stadium announcer would help, playing gonner songs over stadium would also help, simple things like these i think would help.

come on you gunners

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

The drums were great addition, and we do agree we need more flags around the ground, we need to start encouraging people to hang them and fast

jamesyt

Post by jamesyt »

sorry do we have drums? only been over to crotia zagreb game so far this season.
heres another what about arming someone with a megaphone to lead the chants and songs, lots of euro teams appear to have them, spoted one for PSG tonight on telly.

banjoboy

Post by banjoboy »

sorry but we can't have drums

we can make enough noise without them
arsenal songs b4 the game would be good.
i find football songs get me going b4 a match. it it creates a bit of an atmosphere b4 the game starts. when a game starts at arsenal it's like something has to happen b4 we sing. should be on it from the off. so i'm all for that

the stand up if u hate spuds should only be song twice at most during a game. i think the atmosphere is better and will get even better once all's settled down. at db testimonial the place was rocking when vieira came on the pitch so i think come real big games it should be even better. can't wait to experience the place bouncing.

i do think our support can be a bit lazy at home because i think evryone just wants to be entertained but i believe the more vocal we r the more entertaining the match and the whole experience will be.

come on lets get the place rocking

up the arse!

jamesyt

Post by jamesyt »

Shame about the drums :cry:
Agree about atmosh getting better over time and 4 big games, can't wait for next games i'm over for liverpool and sp*urs.
but hey we are not the only ones complaining about this check out cfc.net forums thay are moaning about their atmosphere and a certain cashley tweedie :D

mon the wee gunners