Anelka move blocked by the board?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Anelka move blocked by the board?

Post by DanielD »

i have taken this from not so reliable resource, so i don't know if it's true or not (hope not, anyway):

Arsene Wenger's managerial role at Arsenal could be undermined as senior board members look likely to block a move for Nicolas Anelka.
Wenger was thought to be lining up a £10.5m million move to bring the French striker back to the club from Bolton.

But this is apparently opposed by some senior members of the Gunners board who are not keen on a return for a player that caused so much trouble when he left in 1999.

T.S

Post by T.S »

I think it's safe to say that ClubCall is a pretty unreliable source. Keith Edelman has recently stated that the board have never blocked any transfer that AW wanted to make, and the fact that they have sanctioned the sale of Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry leads me to believe that they operate under the philosophy of "Arsene knows best." Which he does.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Probably right TS. There is no chance that the board will do these kind of things now when we need wenger more than ever.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Along with the fact that it was Mr Dein that engineered the transfer of Anelka away from Highbury because of the bad blood between Dein himself and the Anelka family, i find it hard to believe that the remaining boardmembers would veto such a positive move.

Although some of us would find it difficult to accept Le Sulk back, he is the only outstanding player that could ease the departure of TH.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

More to the point if the board do block this it will be exactly the type of decision which will make up Arsene's mind to piss of!

Cant see that its true but then again the board have made right arses of themselves lately!