BOLTON THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rigsby

Post by rigsby »

As I have always said, Bendtner off the bench is effective.

swords

nick shuts up the booing ironic cheers

Post by swords »

when nic come on he missed a few passes and the crowd started to give
ironic cheers when he got a pass right
he got the winner,so good on him ,he's ok as an impact sub,but will not make it as a first team regular

diaby is like a fake version of vieria,the thing in common is his passing radar also goes astray,just puzzled by him,scores the odd good goal ,but
shows no real signs of becoming PV2

considering how depleted the squad is to be only eight points of liv and three off villa has to give some grounds for optimism when the players start to come back

I think villa are playing at their peak and have no back up if injuries hit
and chelsea are catchable

if we can hang in the pack til cesc,walcott ,eduardo come back and with the odd signing we can still have a decent run in

have not mentioned rosicky cos have given up on him

augie

Post by augie »

As usual I agree with most of what was said on the match but I would like to add this......we have all pleaded for wenger to sign a defensive midfield and a centre back and rightfully so but if people cannot see after today why we would need to buy a creative player like arshavin then they need their eyes lasered :roll: As bolton teams go this one is shittier than any of its predecessers and yet we barely troubled jussi in the bolton goals all fcuking game :x Nasri looked like the new butch wilkins with every ball going sidewards and rvp was totally on his own up front. Christ this team is getting as bad as those pre GG era teams :( :( :(

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

I blame eboue.

T.S

Post by T.S »

What a mental season. We are playing our worst stuff for over a decade and yet we're only eight points off the top. I'm not saying we're going to win the league, because we're not. Just pointing out that this is a very crazy season!

afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

Got away with murder... 4 signings 1 cb... 1 dcm... arteta + arshavin + young up and coming cb. 20 yo...... Eboue and maybe toure out

T.S

Post by T.S »

afc-bob wrote:Got away with murder... 4 signings 1 cb... 1 dcm... arteta + arshavin + young up and coming cb. 20 yo...... Eboue and maybe toure out
Isn't that five signings? We'll be lucky if we get one!

goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

afc-bob wrote:Got away with murder... 4 signings 1 cb... 1 dcm... arteta + arshavin + young up and coming cb. 20 yo...... Eboue and maybe toure out

We need to keep Toure, proved himself again today. Rate him more than Gallas and one of the players i can see being through an through despite his recent comments. Definitely something internally or politically why he hasn't been playing.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

goonarmy wrote: We need to keep Toure, proved himself again today.
hang on, I really don't think Toure "proved" himself.... Bolton hardly attacked! :lol:

goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

g88ner wrote:
goonarmy wrote: We need to keep Toure, proved himself again today.
hang on, I really don't think Toure "proved" himself.... Bolton hardly attacked! :lol:
Yea i know i'll just shut up, only woke up in time for the 2nd half. I just like Toure tbh

afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

tonysaunders wrote:
Isn't that five signings? We'll be lucky if we get one!

Young cb is 4th... I feel toure wants to leave.. i hear manc shity will offer 10m.. if i was arsene id take the money and run... he hasnt been the same since the last african nation and the malaria

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

does the feed you guys watch show another game? yes we wasnt great today but the slagging of Eboue on this thread is wrong. Eboue worked bloody hard today. I just think some of you need to read some of your previous posts about 2 months ago about winning ugly Bolton played defensive today so it wasnt going to be pretty!

goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:does the feed you guys watch show another game? yes we wasnt great today but the slagging of Eboue on this thread is wrong. Eboue worked bloody hard today. I just think some of you need to read some of your previous posts about 2 months ago about winning ugly Bolton played defensive today so it wasnt going to be pretty!
I actually agree, i kinda like Eboue. He's pretty crap for sure but he does work hard an always gives 100% an seems to love the club. I think the problem is and the reason why people moan is because we aren't creating nearly enough chance and the reason why is because Fabregas is injured.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

got to agree with one2smooth thought eboue did alright worked harder than adebayor.diaby had a mare.

afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

Ya he does put in the work in fairness.. He shows good end product at times.. the problem i have with him is that he doesnt do it often enough and he makes lots of mistakes which puts the team under pressure...