How far do you live and were born from The arsenal ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

g88ner wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:Born in Mothers hospital Clapton Hackney 3 miles from the Arsenal
3 miles? - glory supporter :roll: :wink:

I live roughly 100 miles away - but in real terms, that's 2 hours 30mins by National Express (or 2 weeks by train) 8)
I know lol

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:basil was born in stoke newington, lived in palmers green, went to school in edmonton, drank in enfield, danced round her handbag in tottenham :evil: now live in berkshire. 8)
Ah The Zone I loved that place!

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

gusher311 wrote:Gusher lives 5,162 miles away from London in El Paso, Tx 8)
good

i'm joking honest

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

FrenchGun was born in Paris, from French Father and Dutch Mother. Was initiated to football by his grandmother, great fan of the Ajax Amsterdam. At age 14 (1997-1998 season), he went to London for a year were he discovered his passion for rowing and the Arsenal. He found himself one day watching a Arsenal-liverpool game, as this was said to be a very exciting game. He was with fellow french friends, and other english friends who had alsready chosen the dark side. FrenchGun and his fellow companions, inspired by their french roots decided to choose the opposite side to their English fellows as they were telling that the Arsenal was resumed to an "old french fart" and "sulky froggie players".
Frenchgun, despite the loss of the Arsenal at the time, was very pleased by this Arsenal team, and was glad to find out that this team had very special players in Frenchgun's heart, in the name of Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars (two former Ajax players). He also discovered two new favourites in the names of Emmanuel Petit and Patrick Viera.
Has never ever regreted his choice since then (10 years now).
Frenwhgun now lives in Paris.

Expat Gooner

Post by Expat Gooner »

Expat was born in Kingsbury (near Wembley) and started going to Highbury during the Terry Neil days.

Now live in Canada and go to one or two games a season :oops:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

SWL was born in UCH very prematurely, so lived for six months in an ICU.

SWL then lived his early years in Chelsea, but grew up with a passionate hate of their football club and fans.

At 3, SWL became a Gooner as they were big rivals of Chelsea and reasonably near to Chelsea.

Later, SWL moved to Putney, and acquired a season ticket. :barscarf:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

SWLGooner wrote:SWL was born in UCH very prematurely, so lived for six months in an ICU.
A great Hospital to be born in! :barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Born and raised in Slough surrounded by Chavs, but blessed to have a family of north London Irish gooners was always of the red and white. Now live among the hard core Manure fans in Surrey. In between have lived all over the place.

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

Born in Edgware live in Borehamwood, Mum dad support Arsenal, Dad has been goin since he was 7 ...so, grown up with them.

wave of mutilation

Post by wave of mutilation »

Born archway, grew up near hornsey

lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

I've been away for a few weeks, but why the F**k are people now refering to themselves in the third person?

Anyway, succumbing to peer pressure, lisa_gooner was born Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, Essix. 17.1 miles. Moved to rural Essex aged 3. Now live in Sydney a f**kin long way away.

Dad born Surrey (Sunderland fan - long story), grandpa born Hackney. Local boy,

Gooner since age of 3, brother got me into it!

RaM

Post by RaM »

I've been away for a few weeks, but why the F**k are people now refering to themselves in the third person?

Anyway, succumbing to peer pressure, lisa_gooner was born Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, Essix. 17.1 miles. Moved to rural Essex aged 3. Now live in Sydney a f**kin long way away.

Dad born Surrey (Sunderland fan - long story), grandpa born Hackney. Local boy,

Gooner since age of 3, brother got me into it!
Hi lisa_gooner. :)

Have you been enjoying your time here??

And, thanks to Spudmasher's wonderful researching abilities, you can now know that Sydney is 10,553 miles or 16,983 kilometers.

:lol:

And about the 3rd person thing, Its only been occuring in this thread...

But so far RaM has been immune to the effects of whatever is making other users refer to themselves in such fashion.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Boomer wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:SWL was born in UCH very prematurely, so lived for six months in an ICU.
A great Hospital to be born in! :barscarf:
You too? :barscarf:

BTW Lisa, I think Radford started all this off...

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Thought it was only Wayno, Slag and Hugh Jardon who wrote in the third person. :wink: :duh: :tumbleweed:

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Chippy wrote:Thought it was only Wayno, Slag and Hugh Jardon who wrote in the third person. :wink: :duh: :tumbleweed:
No chippy, I think you mean :tumbleweed: :smiley_office:

:lol: :oops: