Rosicky the new pires?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jamesyt

Rosicky the new pires?

Post by jamesyt »

How good does our new number 7 look
really thought we would struggle to replace Bob but Le boss has done it again! why do we ever doubt. Arsene knows!!
anyway back to Rosicky he may not get the amount of goals that Bobby got (he might) but his work rate and tackling back are something Bobby just didnt do, except for that one glorious tackle on Paddy at highbury against juve!!
And what a shot the wee man has, looking forward to some long range rockets for my new favourite player. I give you Mr Thomas Rosicky
ps Bobby was a class act apart from the odd dive or 2 but all the goals againts sp*rs made up for that no probs.

mon the wee gunners

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

agreed - he's growing into it with every game. very physical against porto. phrase that comes to mind is less 'little mozart' and more 'little tyke' - great to have a battler on board with skill to boot. high hopes for tr7. be surprised if he isn't starting every game before long.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Rosicky has been very impressive,but dont lets start jumping on the bandwagon after a few games. Robert Pires was outstanding an all-time great who could get 12-15 goals a season,and he wasnt afraid to score a tap in. Rosicky is not afraid to shoot from outside the box,but i would like to see him get in the box more and that goes for Helb as well. My warning is judge a new player after a full season.

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I agree donaldo, Super Bob was an all time great - never has a team bowed down and worshipped a player!!!

Rosicky does look good, he had a scorcher against Hamburg and lets hope he gets a few more!!

jamesyt

Post by jamesyt »

NO DOUBT BOOBY WAS A LEGEND, BUT JUST SAYING THAT "TOMMY GUN" THATS HIS NEW NAME BY THE WAY :P IS LOOKING EXCELLENT GIVEN HE HAS JUST MOVED TEAM, COUNTRY, LEAGUE ETC I DON'T REMEMBER TOO MANY FITTING IN SO WELL SO EARLY.
AGREE WITH YOU ITS EARLY DAYS BUT HE LOOKS THE TICKET

ULSTERGOONA

Post by ULSTERGOONA »

Yep,Rosicky is lookin good so far , and it's nice to see one or two on the bench who are genuine contenders for a starting place. Still not sure what the best 11 looks like though, the trio of Hleb , Freddie and Rosicky can't all start. And then there's "The Beast". Give him 90 minutes vs WBA to see what he's made of. With Lauren , Diaby ,Senderos and Clichy all to come back the squad looks big enough.

KingHenry14th

Post by KingHenry14th »

Rosicky offers summit different to bob pires, he has a great engine as they say which means he'll defend as well as get forward the whole game and already weve seen a couple sliders from him winning the ball well (although getting unfairly booked v porto) tackles that any hard working hard nut midfielder would be proud of. seems like hes got a spectacular goal or 20 in him just like our previous number 7 but will he score all the follow ups and tap ins Pires scored?
well that used to be something freddie was famous for but thats another story in itself nowadays!

jamesyt

Post by jamesyt »

true not to many tap ins gonna be scored by our tommy, agreed on the freddie comment he just ain't himself in respect to goals (no dennis big factor) but you can rarely fault freedies effort. Need someone to get the 12-15 goals bobby delivered, hopefully rvp can step up. Few more like yesterday would be nice eh readers!!