Bendtner scores and............

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rob

Bendtner scores and............

Post by Rob »

who saw it ? I only did, after the replay - but Adeybayour could not have cared less.

OK so they don't like each other. But this confirms a very good point made by Jon Spurling in his article in this edition of the Gooner, that the Dressing Room is riven by faction and the Manager does nothing about it.

I couldn't care less whether the players like each other or not. But if there is faction and hostility - and there obviously is - then this must effect the way the squad/team performs and therefore the results.

This proves the rest of Jon's article. And also the concluding paragraph of Talking Reds - our editorial. To whit :-

"Arsenal might not be going broke but don't expect any silverware in the next two,three, five years - and counting "

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

watched it thru streaming he did go over to bendtner as soon as he scored to congratulate,2 of them are still shite tho :banghead:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Well you saw it very differently from me.

Adeybaoyour was nearest to the goal line when the ball hit the back of the net and he barely shrugged his shoulders as that ball struck the aforementioned net. No reaction at all.

If we - the fans - had responded as he did, then we would not have moved out of our seats.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Last edited by hugh jardon on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

Well you saw it very differently from me.

Adeybaoyour was nearest to the goal line when the ball hit the back of the net and he barely shrugged his shoulders as that ball struck the aforementioned net. No reaction at all.

If we - the fans - had responded as he did, then we would not have moved out of our seats.
yeah a know was just answering that he did go and congratulate bent boy probly eating up inside tho

QuartzGooner

Re: Bendtner scores and............

Post by QuartzGooner »

Rob wrote:who saw it ? I only did, after the replay - but Adeybayour could not have cared less.

OK so they don't like each other. But this confirms a very good point made by Jon Spurling in his article in this edition of the Gooner, that the Dressing Room is riven by faction and the Manager does nothing about it.
Sadly, that is what we have to contend with.

Whether the manager does anything about it or not we have no idea, but we do know that Bendtner and Ade do not get on,

Gallas has a simmering resentment of many other players

Van Perise has picked fights with more than I care to mention.

It is high time to cull the squad in the summer based as much on attitude and personality clashes as playing ability, because off the pitch dis-unity is affecting us on the pitch.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

who has van persie picked fights with ?

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

Hey but wait...Arsene Knows! :roll:

hadareud

Post by hadareud »

Don't talk shit.

Adebayor was the first player to congratulate, with a big smile on his face.

But why am I surprised. Everything is shit. Every player is shit. The players are lazy. The manager has lost it. The manager is an idiot. The dressing room is riven in faction. The board are wankers. Players need to be booed. Players have to be sarcasticly cheered when they misplace a pass.

goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

hadareud wrote:Don't talk shit.

But why am I surprised. Everything is shit. Every player is shit. The players are lazy. The manager has lost it. The manager is an idiot. The dressing room is riven in faction. The board are wankers. Players need to be booed. Players have to be sarcasticly cheered when they misplace a pass.
so your glass is half full then?

hadareud

Post by hadareud »

goonarmy wrote:

you could say that.

I don't know how anyone that supports this club could be happy with how this season has been going so far and with where we are in the table.

But some of the criticism is absolutely ridiculous.

If we have to resort to making up shit to rip into players we can't get much lower I think, it's a very sad state of affairs.

That's why it was very satisfying that Bendtner scored the goal today after the treatment he's been receiving by some of us minutes before he scored (and in several games before that).

btw, watch the celebration here: http://videos.sapo.pt/ZKb2NyNP1e5a5ne57i8W

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

hadareud wrote:
goonarmy wrote:

you could say that.

I don't know how anyone that supports this club could be happy with how this season has been going so far and with where we are in the table.

But some of the criticism is absolutely ridiculous.

If we have to resort to making up shit to rip into players we can't get much lower I think, it's a very sad state of affairs.

That's why it was very satisfying that Bendtner scored the goal today after the treatment he's been receiving by some of us minutes before he scored (and in several games before that).

btw, watch the celebration here: http://videos.sapo.pt/ZKb2NyNP1e5a5ne57i8W
Top post. Too many agendas against certain players. They need backing not made up stories and abuse.

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

The replay shows him running and hugging Bendtner why make this rubbish up we got a good 1-0 result today, we were not at our best and still won so this is a good sign.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Sorry Rob but I have to agree that this is bullshit.

I have just watched the goal on Sky and the dancing mercenary badge kisser is the second player to go up to him and hug him during the celebrations.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Didn't and haven't seen Sky. But on Arsenal TV he didn't move a muscle when the ball hit the net. Most players - particularly after 84 minutes of huffing anf puffing to get the breakthrough, would have made some kind of reaction.

And as I said above this ties in with Jon Spurling's piece in todays Gooner.

Having said that Bendtner took it well. And as someone who is clearly a central striker sticking him out on the right wing hardly helps.

But then as he and Adeybayour don't 'hit it off' then playing them together is unlikely to work. Ditto Gallas and Toure - which again highlights our problem(s).