Scolari the Imposter II

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Scolari the Imposter II

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (can't find the original thread !!).

Not looking quite so good for big Phil now is it. That glittering reputation built so solidly upon leading a Brazil team blessed with Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho amongst others to World Cup glory beating the might of Costa Rica, China, Belgium and Sven's Muppers. Oh yeah and leading Portugal to the final of Euro 2004 on their own patch where they lost to world beaters Greece (for the 2nd time in the tournament).

Another spineless defeat against one of the big four today so that makes.....4 games, 3 defeats and a draw then. Great to see that 'big match experience' paying off for the Chavs.

Oh but they've got such a great away record so all the 'experts' say. Yes victories at Blackburn, Bolton, Hull, Man City, Boro, Stoke, West Brom and Wigan. How many of them currently reside in the top half ??

And the Champions League - stuffed in Rome against the only big team in the Group and draws against the might of Bordeaux and Cluj !!

Yes, Big Phil - a legend all right. Thank fuck England missed out on the Imposter. Keep up the good work for the Chavs mate with all that 'big game experience'. 4 points above us now and we've been fucking awful !

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Fucking well put, SteveO!!!

:D :D :D :D

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Post of the week 8)

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

olgitgooner wrote:Fucking well put, SteveO!!!

:D :D :D :D
SECONDED!

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

hopefully we get them in the cl this year

revenge

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Lethal wrote:hopefully we get them in the cl this year

revenge
Assuming they beat Juve of course. Still with Big Phil's "big game experience"....what could possibly go wrong ?

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

i think people are getting a little carried away. there's still half a season to go, so how you can judge now i don't understand :?

chelsea will still be there or there abouts

REB

Post by REB »

tinpot lane wrote:i think people are getting a little carried away. there's still half a season to go, so how you can judge now i don't understand :?

chelsea will still be there or there abouts
agree

but there is something wrong there and its does seem that abramovich isnt as involved as he used too so maybe he is thinking of fucking off to do something else and that will leave the *word censored* penniless and the star players will fuck off

digger

Post by digger »

You're on form today SteveO, two quality posts about two much over-hyped London clubs.

Chelsea's "glory days" look a thing of the past. Roman isn't going to spend a penny more, and his patience is going to run thin when every manager post-Mourinho has brought them backwards.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

digger wrote:You're on form today SteveO, two quality posts about two much over-hyped London clubs.

Chelsea's "glory days" look a thing of the past. Roman isn't going to spend a penny more, and his patience is going to run thin when every manager post-Mourinho has brought them backwards.
It's amazing what the misfortunate of your rivals can do for your spirits isn't it ? Well that and the wine I'm necking at the moment..... :D

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

the worrying thing is just that ManUre gonna gain a lot of confidence from this win and could be difficult to stop now. I know it might be a bit optimistic for us to even think about the title while we're chasing The Villa but the hope's still there...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

we are still in it not playing well but in the last few games we seem to be winning ugly dont play any of the other top 3 until april on wards remember 88/89

REB

Post by REB »

mcdowell42 wrote:we are still in it not playing well but in the last few games we seem to be winning ugly dont play any of the other top 3 until april on wards remember 88/89
you really believe that :shock:

2 points behind man u who have 2 games in hand while we on the other hand can barely beat a bad bolton team :roll:

REB

Post by REB »

mcdowell42 wrote:we are still in it not playing well but in the last few games we seem to be winning ugly dont play any of the other top 3 until april on wards remember 88/89
you really believe that :shock:

2 points behind man u who have 2 games in hand while we on the other hand can barely beat a bad bolton team :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:D im a believer we still beat bolton and utd still have to win their games in hand.if they get to the carling cup final that will be another laegue game to be slotted in hopefully in between their cl games.