ARSENAL OR ENGLAND ENGLAND OR ARSENAL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

ARSENAL OR ENGLAND ENGLAND OR ARSENAL

Post by mcdowell42 »

i was just wondering if the english gooners have a problem with not enough english players being in the arsenal team.anytime you turn on the tv theres nearly always some pundit or ex footballer complaining about the lack of english players coming thru at premiership clubs especially arsenal pre this season.and because of this the england national team suffers because of too many foreigners in the english league.me being irish i dont care if its 11 english men 11 french 11 spanish or 11donkeys as long as arsenal are doing well.and would you be upset more if arsenal lost a game or england.where does your loyalty lie. and on a final note i think i read some where that 75% of manure fans dont even live in england .

REB

Post by REB »

quiet a big % of gooners dont live in england either

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

i know that rebel but i didnt have any %s on gooner fans.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

I personally would love us to have a couple more england players in the squad but its not a massive problem to me,majority of them are playboy drunks like defoe and cashley,although there are the odd good un (theooo)

With the prices of english players inflated like mad its no wonder we aint got many,with the emergance of wilshere,gibbs and ramsey we look like we have a few for the future anyway

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

As long as they know what it means to wear the shirt then I do not have a problem where they come from.

Saying that I am doubting the temprement of African players lately and no I am not a racist.

Oh and knowing what it means to wear the shirt does not mean a token badge kiss once you have been found out to be a mercenary fibbing *word censored*!

Whatever nationality you can still be a dick and fuck the club and fans over ala Cashley!

REB

Post by REB »

personally i would prefer if there was a few more Brits in the team, sometimes you know that some arsenal players just wont be up ( what gus said ) for it and maybe a bit of true brit would help

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

i agree with you rebel but as lethal says the price seems to go up when you try to buy english players thats why alot of managers buy abroad pundits and journalists dont seem to get this.

digger

Post by digger »

Not a fan of England, I'm an Arsenal fan.

I'm English with Irish parents (and no, I don't support Ireland either).

I'll only watch England if an Arsenal player is playing (likewise with France, Holland, Spain etc)

IT would be good to have more British players in the team, but only if they, like Wilshere, grew up a gooner and know what it feels like to play for the club you love.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

mcdowell42 wrote:i agree with you rebel but as lethal says the price seems to go up when you try to buy english players thats why alot of managers buy abroad pundits and journalists dont seem to get this.
and thats why we end up with this

instead of this

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

digger wrote:Not a fan of England, I'm an Arsenal fan.

I'm English with Irish parents (and no, I don't support Ireland either).

I'll only watch England if an Arsenal player is playing (likewise with France, Holland, Spain etc)

IT would be good to have more British players in the team, but only if they, like Wilshere, grew up a gooner and know what it feels like to play for the club you love.
i really could not give a shit about england

when the croatia game came around a few months ago i found myself cheering when theo scored and then laughing my head off when lampards goal was ruled out

strange feeling

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

am the same as digger not really bothered with international football but will watch it if our players involved especially theo.

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

digger wrote:Not a fan of England, I'm an Arsenal fan.

i'm totally with Digger on this one. international football is a sideshow that entertains me during every other summer other than that couldn't give a shit. football life is all about The Arsenal, if we do not have any english players then so be it, if we are all english or english/irsh then so be it.

one more thing if england lose or do'nt make it to a tournament then i will never lose sleep. end of

digger

Post by digger »

Lethal wrote:and thats why we end up with this

instead of this

You could argue it the other way around though. We ended up with this:

for the same price as this:

We bought this:

Alan Sugar thought he'd got one over us when he signed, a week later, this:

REB

Post by REB »

i remember alan sugar going on about chris armstrong signing for spurs and mouthing off about bergkamp,
tosser knew fuck all about football and it showed :awnker:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

No more quaoting of Lethal's thread now please as I don't want to have to look at Ebouie everytime I read a reply!

I am different to most in that I do support the national side (from my armchair) and I do really want to see England win something.

I love Arsenal more but I do have national pride still somehow.