An open letter to all Man Utd “fansâ€

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
krom85

Post by krom85 »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:Yes, I'm ready to be educated, you never stop learning after all, but i would have to question the intellectual credentials of someone who begins his lecture with the phrase "right you stupid *word censored*."

You construct an interesting arguement but proceed to completely invalidate it by your dismissiveness of your opponent. We have no tradition do we, before graham was our manager there was a bit more to our history. Herbert chapman anyone? so we register below leeds or city do we, that sir is a statement so ridiculous that i will not even dignify it with an answer.

finally the current financial structure at your soon to be extinct club is unsustainable and will surely lead to bankruptcy (hence the extinction)

finally since you are clearly speaking about our server from your own experience may i thank you about your compliments pertaining to it's lightning fast speed. Zing!
Perhaps I came across a little brash, but how would you expect me to act when you read such utter shite as the author pieced together. The best bit is that you actually believe it. I know full well about Herbert Chapman and yes you do have a history, yet then you have invailds such as Chunky the Gooner who must be no older than 15 to come out with such a ludicrous tatement like "we've hardly ever played attacking football". The author posted an "open letter" to United fans, and as this forum is where it resided this is where I responded.

And yes, believe it or not, as much as you may not want to, you DO register lower than City, Leeds and Liverpool. We have had historically far greater rivalries with these three than yourselves, with whom the rivalry has only really intensified throughout the 90's.

I'm well aware of the financial plight of our club as I was involved in the anti-Glazer campaign, yet you should really take a look at your own position to be fair. Your in a heap of debt yourselves after the move, and what with Henry and possibly Wenger leaving too in the near distant future I'd be concerned about where your club is going if I were you.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Utd have been playing attractive, fast, attacking football for over 50 years. You lot have played decent football for less than 10 years.

Remember him?

If not I'll give you a clue.

Motson: There's a minute left on the clock....Brady for Arsenal......

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Arsenal's A to Z

O is for....

Old Trafford, home of Manchester United, has been witness to many memorable Arsenal performances over the years. None more so than the night of May 8, 2002. Arsenal travelled to Manchester needing a draw to clinch the Premiership title and complete our third League and FA Cup Double. On an emotion-filled night, Sylvain Wiltord scored the only goal to send the 'Old Trafford - Champions Section' wild. The ground also saw three consecutive FA Cup Semi-Final wins for the Gunners in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

midlothian1999

Post by midlothian1999 »

ANOTHER ONE!! :!: :!: :shock: That must be all the manure fans that can use a PC on here now!! :lol: :wink:

One last time; THIS IS AN ARSENAL FAN SITE. FIND A MANURE WEBSITE.

I know you are a bunch of bandwagon jumping, fairweather, armchair "fans" and you all supported Liverpool in the 70's and 80's before you suddenly became "lifelong ManUre fans" in the mid 90's, but we don't want you... :roll:[/quote]

Guy, then don't write open letters to Manchester United fans. Surely you can't expect us not to turn up here?

Anyway, it's quite pleasing to see none of you responded to the actual points made, just resorted to pathetic insults. I love you, you are so stupid that it's hilarious. Average age must be around 11 here.

At least only one of you tried to explain the glaring stupidities of a truly shit article.

Oh, and talking about 26-year-gaps: 1953-1971 without a SINGLE TROPHY? No, you gooners are too young and stupid to understand what I'm talking about. Most of you probably looked up Arsenal's foundation date in Wikipedia when you registered.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

krom85 wrote:Oh and your server is slow as fuck.
Oh God, I nearly p*ssed my self laughing at this one! Post of the year nominee for (unintentional) comedy value... :lol:

I wonder how many hours of cider drinking and car stealing and mugging were lost while it sat there scratching it's head trying to think of something to post on the local police station PC before the ploiceman got back from his smoke break? :wink:

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Utd have been playing attractive, fast, attacking football for over 50 years. You lot have played decent football for less than 10 years.

Remember him? He started the move that lead to this....

T.S

Post by T.S »

What the Helen of Troy is going on here? Am I on the ManYoo page?

All I seem to be reading is a bunch of people who fancy themselves as Man Utd fans talking about how little we register on their radars and how we should "really take a look at your own position". Pardon? This, coming from people who have actually gone to the trouble of signing up for a user name on another team's (fanzine's) forum just to post a poorly punctuated load of old tosh. Well I never!

So to all of you United fans, if we do really register that low on your radar; kindly do one. Still, keep in touch though, you never know when you'll need a good place to go out in Surrey.

Actually, seeing as we're all acting like 5 year-olds on here, I might as well have a stab at it -

Arsenal Football Club, in terms of league standings (which, let's face it, is the only thing you can really go on when proving how good a team is or isn't) are the most successful club throughout the twentieth century with an average league position of eighth. Man United come fourth behind us, Liverpool and Everton. That's right, Everton!

You can keep your treble. You and I both know how fucking lucky you lot were that year. It takes a lot of luck to be successful in cup competitions, and you don't necessarily have to be the best team (you could argue that we proved that in 2006). And yes, Man United have won 4,536,310 league titles since they have become a global brand and had more money to piss up the wall than any other team (apart from Chavski). So congratulations.

Bottom line is, you can keep your club and you can keep your history. My Club is proven to be a more successful league club than yours throughout history. So please, do not come on this fucking site again. You're not impressing anyone and you're making yourself look like idiots.

Still, if you insist on coming on here and giving us all a laugh, then I'm sure I can live with that :wink:

krom85

Post by krom85 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
krom85 wrote:Oh and your server is slow as fuck.
Oh God, I nearly p*ssed my self laughing at this one! Post of the year nominee for (unintentional) comedy value... :lol:

I wonder how many hours of cider drinking and car stealing and mugging were lost while it sat there scratching it's head trying to think of something to post on the local police station PC before the ploiceman got back from his smoke break? :wink:
Well actually I made a double post because your server is slow and seems to crash quite easily, so I edited it with this statement. Is that alright for you?

Actually you proved my point for me about how stupid the vast majority of your support is. You ignored my initial post and the points within it and chose to highlight the edited single statement. Why not respond to the points myself and the other United lad have made? That UFG lad is the only one who has attempted to so far.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

midlothian1999 wrote:Anyway, it's quite pleasing to see none of you responded to the actual points made, just resorted to pathetic insults. I love you, you are so stupid that it's hilarious. Average age must be around 11 here.

At least only one of you tried to explain the glaring stupidities of a truly shit article.
READ your own words... :oops:

Or get your probation officer to read them back to you. :lol:

And then get him to read all of the replies. :roll:

And then dig out your old Liverpool videos and remember your first club. You'll be doing the same thing with your ManUre DVD's when you are a chav$ki fan in a couple of years. IF they keep winning... :roll:

midlothian1999

Post by midlothian1999 »

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:midlothian1999

So are you happy at the amount of money man utd pay for players £30mil for rio :lol:
Rooney's another one, also what was it £17mil for Carrick and over £30mil for two teenagers

1 premiership 1 carling cup since 2005
1 FA Cup after hanging on for grim life throughout 120 minutes and then winning on penalties. Two fourth-place finishes.

Are you happy with Arsenal splashing 17 million on Reyes?

Rooney? I seem to recall he scored a few goals against you... maybe ended some unbeaten runs... October 2002, October 2004, April 2006 anyone?

And yes, I'm happy with the amount we pay. It's not my money. It's quite ridiculous how gooners always boast that Arsenal spend much less than us. That's true: but spending little and being shite is not an achievement. If you would spend little and win trophys, you could be proud of it. But you spend little and win nothing.

Of course, I'm happy to accept that success is not important for you. I only want my team to play good matches and entertaining football. If that is the case, I'm not worried if we don't win trophies. Because of this attitude, supporting United in the '80s was manageable: we were shite but entertaining :-) The years between 2003 and 2006 were much worse: we were quite boring sometimes - though the 4-2 win at Highbury was worth at least two cups for me :-)

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Oh, and talking about 26-year-gaps: 1953-1971 without a SINGLE TROPHY?
Yeah....still not 26 years without a title is it?

And that's our lowest ebb in the 20th century, it's not relegation is it?

T.S

Post by T.S »

midlothian1999 wrote: though the 4-2 win at Highbury was worth at least two cups for me :-)
Really? Says it all.

Ronaldo*wink*

Post by Ronaldo*wink* »

I normally wouldn't reply to this sort of bitter article, but it's raining and I'm bored.

Firstly, bravo on the highly original "none of them man utd fans are from Manchester" japes.

"Stevenage, Croydon, Welwyn Garden City?" One of your moronic post-96ers asks. Well, if anyone would know, it would be you Nick Hornby's. A more middle-class, home counties-esque support you would be hard pushed to find. Lisa Rogers, Lofty and screaming fat women. Oh, I do hope you've managed to accomodate the "Fever Bitch" at the Al-Qaeda Arena. I still miss her wailing like a lobotomised gibbon everytime one of your posing poofters went near the 18 yard box. Would she be able to afford one of your £1,500 season tickets though? Let's hope not.

Also, if anyone can tell me who this "Mr. Glazier" is, please do. Did he supply fitting for the windows in our new quadrants or something?

I'll not dignify the argument regarding is Fergie better than Wenger as it is a no contest. You know it, we know it.

I would instead like to thank you for taking the point off of Roman's Robots which allowed us to win our 16th league title. It was brilliant to laud it up at the bridge infront of a bunch of fans even more middle-class and deluded than you lot.

And finally, I suppose it's going to be a sad season next year not having that posing, pouting tosser playing for you up front. "Eh, Bobby, what's the french for get me the fuck out of here?"

I do hope they surgically remove Martin Tyler's lips from his arse before he boarded that plane to Barcelona. I will miss him jizzing in his pants at the mere sight of "ONREEEE!!" winning a throw-in. Just who will adebir, er, adibagg, er that one that looks like Kanu, do his gay dance on the touchline with next year? Maybe Ljungberg and him can do a routine to dancing queen or something? I dunno, with Ashley and Sol gone, who's left to play pick up the soap in the showers?

But back to the article which inspired this post. "Oooh, oooh look how I told off these Man Utd fans." Puh-lease. "Fergie's spent loads of money on rubbish whilst Arsene got all his players from the youth team - local, Islington lads too.." Incidentally, do you even have a youth academy? Or is it a case of just spin the globe and point to whichever former french colony takes your fancy this week?

Your article, like your team, is a lot of huff and puff with no cutting edge.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

midlothian1999 wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:midlothian1999

So are you happy at the amount of money man utd pay for players £30mil for rio :lol:
Rooney's another one, also what was it £17mil for Carrick and over £30mil for two teenagers

1 premiership 1 carling cup since 2005
1 FA Cup after hanging on for grim life throughout 120 minutes and then winning on penalties. Two fourth-place finishes.

Are you happy with Arsenal splashing 17 million on Reyes?

Rooney? I seem to recall he scored a few goals against you... maybe ended some unbeaten runs... October 2002, October 2004, April 2006 anyone?

And yes, I'm happy with the amount we pay. It's not my money. It's quite ridiculous how gooners always boast that Arsenal spend much less than us. That's true: but spending little and being shite is not an achievement. If you would spend little and win trophys, you could be proud of it. But you spend little and win nothing.

Of course, I'm happy to accept that success is not important for you. I only want my team to play good matches and entertaining football. If that is the case, I'm not worried if we don't win trophies. Because of this attitude, supporting United in the '80s was manageable: we were shite but entertaining :-) The years between 2003 and 2006 were much worse: we were quite boring sometimes - though the 4-2 win at Highbury was worth at least two cups for me :-)
we didnt pay £17mil for him we would have if he was a success but he wasnt

T.S

Post by T.S »

Ronaldo*wink* wrote:Firstly, bravo on the highly original "none of them man utd fans are from Manchester" japes.

...And finally, I suppose it's going to be a sad season next year not having that posing, pouting tosser playing for you up front. "Eh, Bobby, what's the french for get me the fuck out of here?"
Bravo to you, my friend. You have succeeded in contradicting yourself and making yourself look a prize twat. Saved me a job!

Hadn't heard the "nurrr nurrr, Henry left you, Henry left yooooooooou" one in about five whole minutes. Real original.
Last edited by T.S on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.