OUT! OUT! OUT!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
aw

Post by aw »

Robsy wrote:True, we have gone in the wrong direction.

But Wenger should be given one final season to turn it around. If he fails, then he can go and it will cost the club nothing.

Agreed. Arsene should see out his contract.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It seems many people think that Wenger's contract runs out at the end of NEXT season.

I could be wrong, but I'm almost sure it runs out in 2011, not 2010!

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Oh, er, that kinda undermines my thinking!

Does anyone know when his contract finishes? I'm sure I read something in the last issue of the gooner that said 2010, but my mind might be playing tricks.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Robsy wrote:Oh, er, that kinda undermines my thinking!

Does anyone know when his contract finishes? I'm sure I read something in the last issue of the gooner that said 2010, but my mind might be playing tricks.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ontractext

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 402929.ece

Guardian and Times say 2011.

and so does Arsenal.com......

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... on-in-2011

BT

Post by BT »

[quote="TeeCee"]I echo the comments on Allardyce, I hate him. I'd rather see Alex Song get £200,000 a week and a 10 year contract!! :lol:

Something that bugs me about the money situation is this -
quote]

What's more, we've had a home leg for every F A Cup game and all but one Carling Cup game. So surely thats all profit that's not budgeted for? The gates from Plymouth, Cardiff, Burnley and Hull could have bought Arshavin alone. But thats presuming that profit Arsenal make goes into the transfer kitty which seemingly, it doesnt. Or at least it goes on paying Eboue and Song the same as the likes of RVP and Cesc.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

augie wrote:
Gooner Jim wrote:If wenger goes cesc, gael, rvp and others will follow. It would be terrible. Who the hell would we get in aswell, cant think of many managers who could do a better job with the money wenger is given than the great one himself?
Keven keegan, paul ince, alan curbishley or maybe will go for a foreign manager who doesnt know the premier league and get on his back when he is expected to build a top four team with the funds a mid table team uses and fails. :banghead:

So I take it that you believe cesc will stay to play in the mickey mouse europa league (or whatever the fcuk it is called) if wenger stays ? :shock: Rvp hasnt signed a new contract yet cos he wants to see proof of the clubs ambition first so it looks like his decisions are based on factors other than loyalty to wenger eh ? People spout crap about if wenger goes such and such a player will go but in case some of you have slept over the last few seasons we have been losing players with wenger in charge anyway. Thing is losing the players hasnt been the problem but it is the fact that wenger hasnt replaced them that has seen this fiasco unfold. On top of that you can argue that wenger has a lack of funds but you honestly argue that wenger was right to keep picking eboue in front of theo, song in front of anybody and playing bedtner on the left wing ahead of vela ?? Those kind of decisions are not down to money :roll:

Finally jim, if you believe that there is a lack of money then why arent you leading the protests against this board ? I mean they have spouted bullshit about how the stadium wouldnt affect our transfer budget and now they are saying there is plenty of money at wengers disposal if he needs it so why are you not slating the board for continuous lies ? It seems to me that some fans use finances as an excuse to defend wenger but still dont want to attack the board over it :roll:
I do blame the board but there is nothing I can do as a fan. I could refuse to buy tickets but then someone else will take my place and I dont wanna go on strike like newcastle and create even more unsettlety at the club.
Sunderland, spurs, city, villa to name a few. All clubs that spent more than us. Im a dieing breed of save wenger fans. I personally feel it would be one of the worst things that could happen to this club. But thats just me :lol: READ AND LIVE BY THE SIGNATURE

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

All the time the board see Wenger getting support from fans whilst managing just a top 6 place (probably out of top 4) and having 40,000 people on the ST waiting list, then in their eyes little is wrong.

In my mind, you charge top prices if you are providing something better than others are providing.....ie:
If you're a Michelin starred restaurant serving food that's out of this world, you can charge high prices......
If you have a hugely successful and popular stage show, with world famous actors in it, you can charge high prices.....
If you're an also ran football team battling for a 'Europa' cup place with many players who are clearly not good enough and who can't be arsed to give 100% week in week out, can you really justify charging the highest prices of any European football club??

What are Arsenal going to do about it?..........Freeze prices....at the highest price in Europe.

What is Wenger going to do about it?........... Well nothing, he repeatedly tells us how good this squad is and how good it will be in the future so why the fcuk are the Wenger defenders thinking he will sort this mess out at the end of this season, or next?

I'll tell you why Ferguson has been so damned successful. He has never let his team stand still. Even when winning the league he always strengthens his squad, always ensures competition, always ensures quality in depth, that's why Man U have dominated and will continue to dominate.
George Graham didn't, he won the league and thought that was all that was needed and we failed the following season after winning the title (both times). Wenger didn't do it either. We were probably three players away from truly dominating domestic and possibly European football, and he failed to build on it and slowly let the team decline and it's continued to go that way. This is why Wenger must go. He won't change, he's a stubborn man, a man of morals and most of all a man with tunnel vision, he knows what he wants and he will only do it his way, he will not and cannot adapt and that is Wenger's biggest failing. That won't change.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

TeeCee wrote:All the time the board see Wenger getting support from fans whilst managing just a top 6 place (probably out of top 4) and having 40,000 people on the ST waiting list, then in their eyes little is wrong.

In my mind, you charge top prices if you are providing something better than others are providing.....ie:
If you're a Michelin starred restaurant serving food that's out of this world, you can charge high prices......
If you have a hugely successful and popular stage show, with world famous actors in it, you can charge high prices.....
If you're an also ran football team battling for a 'Europa' cup place with many players who are clearly not good enough and who can't be arsed to give 100% week in week out, can you really justify charging the highest prices of any European football club??

What are Arsenal going to do about it?..........Freeze prices....at the highest price in Europe.

What is Wenger going to do about it?........... Well nothing, he repeatedly tells us how good this squad is and how good it will be in the future so why the fcuk are the Wenger defenders thinking he will sort this mess out at the end of this season, or next?

I'll tell you why Ferguson has been so damned successful. He has never let his team stand still. Even when winning the league he always strengthens his squad, always ensures competition, always ensures quality in depth, that's why Man U have dominated and will continue to dominate.
George Graham didn't, he won the league and thought that was all that was needed and we failed the following season after winning the title (both times). Wenger didn't do it either. We were probably three players away from truly dominating domestic and possibly European football, and he failed to build on it and slowly let the team decline and it's continued to go that way. This is why Wenger must go. He won't change, he's a stubborn man, a man of morals and most of all a man with tunnel vision, he knows what he wants and he will only do it his way, he will not and cannot adapt and that is Wenger's biggest failing. That won't change.
Well said TeeCee, but it wasn't just a case of letting the team decline, he basically sold the team/squad so he could then 'attempt' his pet project.

The over 30 years contract offers is seriously flawed. If Bobby Pires was still here, just look at the experience he could share with these younger players, a bit like Giggs is doing at Manure.

stearmaster

Re: OUT! OUT! OUT!

Post by stearmaster »

goonersid wrote:This bastard has to go NOW and that is that.
one of the reasons i aint as regular as i once was.....if we win the CL and yes i said IF ull prob turn round saying his god and shoud stay for life.....l. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bet u booed the boys off the pitch tghelast 2 saturdays aswell didnt ya.....JCL by anychance!!!!!

digger

Post by digger »

TeeCee wrote:All the time the board see Wenger getting support from fans whilst managing just a top 6 place (probably out of top 4) and having 40,000 people on the ST waiting list, then in their eyes little is wrong.

When will the board wake up and see that this is all a myth? The fans aren't happy with what's happening on the pitch and there simply aren't 40,000 waiting for a season ticket. All the people near the top of the ST waiting list put their names down 5/6 seasons ago - funnily enough, when we were champions. The economy was peaking, and Arsenal had truely great players. Also, when offered a ST, you've got no chance of a "cheap" £900 ticket; chances are, it's going to cost you at least £1500 per year.

Also, Fergie has made mistakes. They had a few barren seasons after letting Stam, Beckham, Keane etc go - three years without a trophy IIRC? He failed to sign a top quality keeper, bought a few poor players, promoted a few kids who weren't good enough... however, he saw the error of his ways, strenghtened the side, made signings where he needed to (shrewd signings too, Van Der Sar was £2m, Vidic was £7m) and brought them back to the top of the game.

Would Wenger have persisted with players like Denilson, Eboue, Barndoor etc if he was at the start of his career? It's like he has nothing left to prove; he will go down as a great, regardless of what happens now.

augie

Re: OUT! OUT! OUT!

Post by augie »

stearmaster wrote:
goonersid wrote:This bastard has to go NOW and that is that.
one of the reasons i aint as regular as i once was.....if we win the CL and yes i said IF ull prob turn round saying his god and shoud stay for life.....l. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bet u booed the boys off the pitch tghelast 2 saturdays aswell didnt ya.....JCL by anychance!!!!!

Steary, sid's comment was without doubt way over the top and def got a lot of peoples backs up. However the points that teecee made (and that is only 1 forum member) are very valid and should be examined in depth before you disregard them on the back of what sid's opening few words said. Do you believe that wenger will rid this team of the shite that is song, bedtner and a few others next season ? Do you think he will splash out to bring in that much needed injection of quality into the team ? Or do you believe that wenger will continue to stand by the squad maintaining that we only need a small increase to be top dogs again ? I think deep down most fans know that it will be the latter comment that is nearer to the truth and if so why would wenger be given another year ? His time is up imo

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

digger wrote:

When will the board wake up and see that this is all a myth? The fans aren't happy with what's happening on the pitch and there simply aren't 40,000 waiting for a season ticket. All the people near the top of the ST waiting list put their names down 5/6 seasons ago - funnily enough, when we were champions. The economy was peaking, and Arsenal had truely great players. Also, when offered a ST, you've got no chance of a "cheap" £900 ticket; chances are, it's going to cost you at least £1500 per year.

Also, Fergie has made mistakes. They had a few barren seasons after letting Stam, Beckham, Keane etc go - three years without a trophy IIRC? He failed to sign a top quality keeper, bought a few poor players, promoted a few kids who weren't good enough... however, he saw the error of his ways, strenghtened the side, made signings where he needed to (shrewd signings too, Van Der Sar was £2m, Vidic was £7m) and brought them back to the top of the game.

Would Wenger have persisted with players like Denilson, Eboue, Barndoor etc if he was at the start of his career? It's like he has nothing left to prove; he will go down as a great, regardless of what happens now.
True. Smartest thing Ferguson did (something I cant see Wenger ever doing) was be strong enough to admit his own failings to himself, bring in a number 2 who brought those missing attribute to the table & actually cede some of his power to him. Bringing Queiroz back & actually listening to him on tactics & potential signings is what's got them back to the top.

Block91Broox

Post by Block91Broox »

To all the anti Wenger and pro Usmanov brigade:

FUCK OFF DOWN THE KINGS ROAD!

They love glory hunting pricks who don't give a fuck that their chairman is a baby boiling Russian Mafia Gangster.

It seems Arsene is a victim of his own success, he's got you used to watching pure football in the best club ground in the country.

We have had 5 of our top 6 goalscorers out for most if not all of this season. No other squad in Europe could score goals to it's full potential with those sort of injuries.

Put some energy into creating the twelfth man rather than crying over spending. It hasn't done Man City any favours so far!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Block91Broox wrote:To all the anti Wenger and pro Usmanov brigade:

They love glory hunting pricks who don't give a fuck that their chairman is a baby boiling Russian Mafia Gangster.

It seems Arsene is a victim of his own success, he's got you used to watching pure football in the best club ground in the country.

We have had 5 of our top 6 goalscorers out for most if not all of this season. No other squad in Europe could score goals to it's full potential with those sort of injuries.

Put some energy into creating the twelfth man rather than crying over spending. It hasn't done Man City any favours so far!
I'm certainly not in the anti-Wenger camp and I DEFINATELY want him to stay as manager (which he will) but your post doesn't do us pro-Wenger fans any good at all, because your post is so full of holes that it's asking to be shot down by any fan with an ounce of intelligence.

Poor post.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

g88ner wrote:
Block91Broox wrote:To all the anti Wenger and pro Usmanov brigade:

I'm certainly not in the anti-Wenger camp and I DEFINATELY want him to stay as manager (which he will) but your post doesn't do us pro-Wenger fans any good at all, because your post is so full of holes that it's asking to be shot down by any fan with an ounce of intelligence.

Poor post.
Not a great post and wrong to tell supporters trying to debate the future to fuck off.

But I do agree with one point (highlighted above) we have begun to believe that success is our right because of how things have transformed under Wenger.

Now things are tough, people seem to want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.