We love you Freddie!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

Raise your glasses please for The Freddster.Thanks for the memories, and that haircut. A true Goon if ever there was one. Good luck.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I think its a good move for the club and for Freddie.

But we will never forget him and he will go down as an Arsenal legend.Who can ever forget how he dragged us over the finishing line in 2002. And who will we ever forget how he left that tosser John Terry on his arse when scoring that wonder goal in the cup final.

Yes Freddie we will always love you and thanks for the memories

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

stats wrote:AH man i really wanted a testimonal for him
I was going to suggest everyone dyes there hair red for him to remember the good old days
Consider it done see pic below

stats

Post by stats »

lol
I loved the double of 2002 when everyone got together to dye there barnet red
Will shall do that soon i guess (prob with me is i'm ginger :lol: )

RocastleRock

freddie

Post by RocastleRock »

Coventry city away.. One of Freddies early games, The shed that was highfield rd, Freddie crossed in from the right when a big piece of mud an grass flew up from the pitch and hit my dad in the chest leaving a dirt patch on his jacket that he could just not bring himself to wash off... We had been touched by Freddie.

Long Live The King. We love you Freddie. ARSENAL thru and thru.

ps. my misses refuses to watch arsenal now.. she fancied freddie and Ali.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I don't believe it I think he will be playing for arsenal this season and then having a testimonial next summer.

mrmage

Post by mrmage »

I would like to see him stay, just as extra back up, and for the youngsters this year. He's got passion. I didn't even hold it against him when he did the cK ads. There was rumours he was gay at the time, and I couldn't give a shit.

And now he's said he wouldn't play for anyone else in the PL he's further cemented his legend status! And he gives me something to begin conversations with Swedish chicks too, what more do you want?! Best of luck Fred if you go. Never be forgotten.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Yeah mrmage was just gonna make that point meself, when I read that his agent had come out and said that due to respect to Gooners everywhere Freddie will never play for another team in this league, I just thought that man understands what it means to be an Arsenal legend :!:
Freddie - you're STILL brilliant in my book 8)

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

weather freddies gay or not, who gives a shit, the main thing is his a legend and thats all that counts, cheers fred, and if he dont go, if ne arsenal player deserves a testimonial match, it is him.

even if we do a chavski and zola, do it a year late!!!!.

WE LOVE YOU FREDDIE.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Apparantly Fiorantina bid didn't go through.

Wenger said hes 90% sure freddie will be with us next season

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

i will be happy if he stays but i don't see him gettin much football this season,

Did anyone think mark randall did a good job on the left wing yesterday ???

stats

Post by stats »

TBH i can see Fred staying
Wenger named a strong team out yesterday at Barnet & left a number of 1st team players out includeing Freddie
I still think he has a future at Arsenal & you never know he could grab one of those winners which could lead to big things
CL final anyone?

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Arsene Wenger has said in the news of the world that he is 90% sure that Freddie will be at Arsenal come August. Also he says that he wanted Thierry to stay at the club, but maybe he wasn't patient enough to see the youngsters mature.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I was belting out We love you Freddie at Cardiff in 2002 aswell. My six year old daughter went with me and burst out crying with shock at the uproar when we scored. A gooner turned round and said:
"What's up love, is it that Parlour scored?"

Read today Freddie is demanding 6million if he leaves. What's that about?
We haven't seemed to do well when players have left the club in the last 2-3 years.

Chelski suddenly became thrifty when they bought the Nokia attachment; Campbell, Henry, Vieira, left me feeling as if someone had switched price tags. Reyes is going to be the same.

Bring back the selling days of Anelka and Overmars when players were sold at a premium because it was perceived it would have to a top price for the Arsenal to let them go.