well done everybody

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

well done everybody

Post by gooner.ed »

ok - quartz has emailed me to say that he's left the forum.

so those of you against him being made a mod don't have to worry anymore.

however, worry about the future of the forum. if someone can't be put forward as a mod without getting a sh*tload of abuse, then there seems little point in keeping this thing going.

mike francis will make the final decision on this as he's the man who pays for this warped playground.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

well there goes one of the best if not thee best poster on the place

and you are the ones who moan about the future of the forum

rather ironic

shimmy21

Post by shimmy21 »

I hope Quarz comes back under an alias as he was probably the most insightful person to post on here.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

hope everyone happy.

quartz, come back soon mate!!!!!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbankbren wrote:wasnt going to post this but he let me know too, hope everyone happy.
ditto.

He's a good guy and I'll be gutted if he's gone. Best poster on this forum.

Some of the comments on that thread were not necessary!!!

:evil:

Martin Hayes

Post by Martin Hayes »

Agreed.

He seemed such a sensible, well adjusted chap; I don't buy into this 'talking down to us' line.

A shame...

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Bollocks, I didn't like his religous views and the way in which he felt he could force them upon us. His views on football were okay however he always claimed to have a man on the inside but never had any credible info to support these claims. I told him that I liked him as a poster but did not think that he warranted the mod power.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Martin Hayes wrote:Agreed.

He seemed such a sensible, well adjusted chap; I don't buy into this 'talking down to us' line.
A shame...
Exactly, utter bollocks.

Quartz did not talk down to people... he read threads and commented on them, and always in a respectable way.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Quartz mate, if you're reading this, come back, don't go!

His posts are well-structured and he brings some realism to the forum.

Plus, he's one of our naked dancers :cry:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Well we all have our opinions and mine is that Quartz wrote very eloquently but at the same time gave no tolerance to others opinions even if more informed.

I also did not like the way his beliefs were forced upon others as the only way and found this very irking. Judism or nothing at all seemed to be the approach.

The "man on the inside" bollocks was also ridiuclous and if you look a little harder you will see that not one scrap of info he gave us from his mole came to any fruition.

Anyhow I have asked Kev to cancel my membership here as if Quartz is the kind of member that is respected here then I do not want any part of it.

Enjoy and up the Arsenal.

8)

UPDATE- Kev has agreed to cancel my membership so bonjour!
Last edited by gus ceasar is a legend on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Wayno wrote:Bollocks, I didn't like his religous views and the way in which he felt he could force them upon us. His views on football were okay however he always claimed to have a man on the inside but never had any credible info to support these claims. I told him that I liked him as a poster but did not think that he warranted the mod power.
Force them upon us????? how exactly??

Did he start the Israel or religious threads?? no... he just defended his corner with passion!

And so what if he claimed to have a man on the inside; maybe he did?!... is that really such an unbelievable claim?? of course not.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Along with augie,Quartz is the best poster on here.Hope he comes back
Last edited by donaldo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:Well we all have our opinions and mine is that Quartz wrote very eloquently but at the same time gave no tolerance to others opinions even if more informed.

I also did not like the way his beliefs were forced upon others as the only way and found this very irking. Judism or nothing at all seemed to be the approach.

The "man on the inside" bollocks was also ridiuclous and if you look a little harder you will see that not one scrap of info he gave us from his mole came to any fruition.

Anyhow I have asked Kev to cancel my membership here as if Quartz is the kind of member that is respected here then I do not want any part of it.
Enjoy and up the Arsenal.

8)
Eh???

This forum is great because of the many different personalities here... the fact you're considering leaving because Quartz is respected by some, is bizarre! :?

Personally, I hope you stay as I like you and think you're a damn good poster... but at the moment, I'm a little pissed off with some of the abuse aimed at Quartz this evening.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

gus i also like the majority of your posts and find them often very funny, but are you a 5 year old?

"you like him, so im going home"

cop on fella

BUT, if that is how you feel

bye.
Last edited by northbankbren on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Seems I have joined an unhappy house.
To be a Gooner aye!

Gooners infighting with other Gooners

Shameful
Not a good advert for the best fans in the land.