First ever arsenal game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BourneGooner

First ever arsenal game

Post by BourneGooner »

Just wondered how long everyone had been supporting the mighty arsenal and when was the first time you all watched the arsenal live was my first game was ..... Arsenal V Nottingham Forest in 1981 been hooked ever since

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Arsenal v Villa 85/86 was my first game

Post by gooner.ed »

3-2 win. Chalky Whyte scored the winner. :D

Mike1
Site Admin

First Game

Post by Mike1 »

Arsenal v Leeds, January 1977, although for some reason I had always thought it was 76 until recently. 1-1 draw with Supermac getting our goal.

The Final Salute

Post by The Final Salute »

Arsenal 5 Southampton 1. Ian Wright got a hattrick to secure the golden boot and it was also the last day of the old North Bank when it was standing. May 1992.
I sat in the lower East Stand and thats where I sat right until last Sunday. I was only two years old.

BourneGooner

Post by BourneGooner »

The Final Salute wrote:Arsenal 5 Southampton 1. Ian Wright got a hattrick to secure the golden boot and it was also the last day of the old North Bank when it was standing. May 1992.
I sat in the lower East Stand and thats where I sat right until last Sunday. I was only two years old.

I was in the north bank the last game against southampton still miss the atmosphere of the old north bank turning up five minutes before kick off arsenal scoring a goal and ending up ten foot away after the celebration :cry: :cry:

big jock knew

1 game

Post by big jock knew »

sandy jardines testimonial 3-0 gers

ARSENAL

Post by ARSENAL »

THE FIRST MATCH FOR WAS 1950

CHIEFGUNNER

Supporting

Post by CHIEFGUNNER »

I have been supporting Arsenal seen 1950,i am till i dye.
One of the best match i seen 19/9/1953.
Huddersfield Town 2 V Arsenal 2 :D

Clockend Boy 1984 - 91

Post by Clockend Boy 1984 - 91 »

My first game was in 1984 Arsenal Vs Sunderland.

A second cousin had signed me up to the junior gunners and took me a long. I ashamed to admit though up until that point the only footy kit I owned was a spurs one!

Still I never looked back, what stands out about that day was they put up a 'big screen' and made such a big deal about it. The only I remeber seeing on this screen about the clock was an advert for Ski :D

My last game was a league cup final, the ticket was iffy I had got it off a tout and was removed from my seat. I was lucky as just as they were throwing me a out a copper I knew from my local shop had a word and was allowed to watch.

TBH the game was pants, I never had a good day at wembley with Arsenal all my good days seemed to happen at Highbury :-)

simmo

Post by simmo »

mine was this last season against newcastle at highboury and loved it. i didnt really know how to go about the travelling and how to get tickets n all untill this season but enjoyed it bin to quite a few games since :D

simmo

Post by simmo »

didnt mean to type that twice :?

johnny39

80s

Post by johnny39 »

yeh me too the eighties when we had a proper firm

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Arsenal v Chelsea 0-1 March 1990.