y racism

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
digger

y racism

Post by digger »

Ok... I know it's not exactly "arsenal chat" but I don't like being taken apart on a forum by a mod then having the thread locked to prevent me replying.

Abuse of privilidges?

And there have been Arsenal fans singing holocaustic songs - Barnet away last July was particularly bad for it.

Holocaust bad

y** un-pc, unoffensive apart from those from the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture.

I've made my point now, feel free to lock this post, or append it to the original thread.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

To be fair to Belfast, gooner.ed locked the thread before Belfast had had time to reply to your last post.

He replied, then re-locked the thread.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

These idiots need a trip to Aushwitz as i did a couple of years ago.
It was a very humbling expierience and brought me close to tears to think humans(if ya can call them that)did those things to other humans.
Ill never forget seing where the women had to sleep.
It was a place im sooo glad i went to,even though it was also soo tragic.

digger

Post by digger »

g88ner wrote:To be fair to Belfast, gooner.ed locked the thread before Belfast had had time to reply to your last post.

He replied, then re-locked the thread.
Fair enough, I apologise in that case :oops:
These idiots need a trip to Aushwitz as i did a couple of years ago.
It was a very humbling expierience and brought me close to tears to think

Agreed. But there's a lot of difference in calling people "****" and singing about Belsen.

Gangsta_RZGIRU

Post by Gangsta_RZGIRU »

digger wrote:
But there's a lot of difference in calling people "y**s" and singing about Belsen.
Is there? There are many Jewish Arsenal fans and many Jewish non-Sp*rs fans, if I was one of them I would be offended by that word.

REB

Post by REB »

this has been done to death ffs,
there will be people who will continue to use the **** word when talking about the shite and there will be people who will jump on them for saying it,
personally there are times when i do call them **** and i never mean for it to be racist, but i can see why it gets on peoples nerves and while i would never be a supporter of israel or its policy on gaza and the west bank i would never use it in everyday conversation while talking about israelis which probably makes me a hypocrite and i can see the contradictions here but as a football forum we should abide by the rules, so can we please let it go,
this forum has decided that the **** word will not be used it so lets move on and not have this thread every 2 months or so as it is getting very tiresome

digger

Post by digger »

Rebel, fine... I was just a bit pissed off that the mod could reply and not me...

Imagine how one sided and PC this place would have been if Quartz had got the moderatorship :shock:

REB

Post by REB »

digger wrote:Rebel, fine... I was just a bit pissed off that the mod could reply and not me...

Imagine how one sided and PC this place would have been if Quartz had got the moderatorship :shock:
:lol: :lol:

free speech for all

Belfast Boy

Re: y racism

Post by Belfast Boy »

digger wrote:Ok... I know it's not exactly "arsenal chat" but I don't like being taken apart on a forum by a mod then having the thread locked to prevent me replying.

Abuse of privilidges?

And there have been Arsenal fans singing holocaustic songs - Barnet away last July was particularly bad for it.

Holocaust bad

y** un-pc, unoffensive apart from those from the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture.

I've made my point now, feel free to lock this post, or append it to the original thread.
Digger FFS I don't want to have an argument with you, as I already said, I am not some sort of PC nut, and that Cus' thread was more about how they had personally had their day ruined by neanderthals posing as gooners or of some other allegiance and if you look back you'll find he clearly stated in his original post that of course there is a difference between singing y***os at the end of we hate Tottenham and making fun of the Holocaust!

Also you had better get your facts right if you are going to accuse me of abusing my modding priviliges, do you really think I would betray my position of trust like that or would be so underhanded that I would try to "take you apart" :roll: and then lock the thread before you had a chance to respond, I'm serious digger where the fuck did that come from???

If you must know it took me quite a while to write that post :oops: cos I was tryin to make my point without bein too controversial and it must have been locked by Kev around the time I was submitting it about 15/20 mins after I had started when it most certainly was not locked
Last edited by Belfast Boy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Its a word ffs. Different context. It isn't directed at a single person or group bar spurs fans.

This pc bollocks does my head in. I dont see many Spurs fans complaining about it.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mrgnu1958 wrote:These idiots need a trip to Aushwitz as i did a couple of years ago.
It was a very humbling expierience and brought me close to tears to think humans(if ya can call them that)did those things to other humans.
Ill never forget seing where the women had to sleep.
It was a place im sooo glad i went to,even though it was also soo tragic.
Me too, mrgnu.

I went when I was visiting Krakow.

The Oscar Schindler factory was also very interesting and left a tear in my eye (bit of dust probably, that's all :wink: )

Beautiful city, Krakow. 8) - and so cheap; I lived like a king!!! 8) :lol:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

By the way BB. Rolling eyes does nobody any favours and just makes you look like a knob, as I have been told countless times.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Irish Gooner wrote:By the way BB. Rolling eyes does nobody any favours and just makes you look like a knob, as I have been told countless times.
:roll: :roll:

sorry... couldn't resist :oops: :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i heard the death toll in death camps was well over exaggerated -

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

the gas em songs are bad n heartless at the end of the day jus coz fans r singing a song it dont make em racist.....its a song being sung against out neigbours up the road n nuffin will change that now, also the word ****, the only time i use that is wen i am talkin about them mugs up the road, now question......i say the word **** in football terms, dose that make me a racist?.

i dont go up to a jew n say u dirty ****....that would be racist, n i bet half the ppl who sing songs such as gas em all, or spurs r on there way to auscwits dont even know what there singing about....n r not racist ppl......at the end of the day wen ppl join in with *we all follow the arsenal over land n sea *n leicster* we all follow the arsenal onto victory* dont follow em over land n sea.......