WENGER COLLECT YOUR P45 AT THE DOOR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
augie wrote:I have just read a different thread where I see ihh has basically said much the same stuff as I have so sorry hlebby if you think I am copying you :oops: Must make you day though ihh, to think that after all the disagreements we used to have, we are now of a similar mindset :lol: :lol: :lol:
No worries Augie, it happens. My post ended up being similar to something that g88ner had written a few minutes beforehand on another thread. :oops: As they say: "great minds..." and all that. 8) :lol:

As for our previous disagreements - I knew you'd come around eventually. :wink: :lol: The only pity is that after all this time Arsene still isn't on the same wave-length as the two of us!! :banghead: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

High time we had a word methinks hlebby :wink:
Have to say that when eboue was badly caught out for that 1st goal on saturday I did think of you and that long departed but not forgotten "eboue cant defend" guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Yeah, ECD was a visionary that was years ahead of his time. 8) :wink: God, I miss him!! :cry: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Yeah, ECD was a visionary that was years ahead of his time. 8) :wink: God, I miss him!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
So do the rest of us. If you leave, he might come back!! :lol:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Alas he has moved on to bigger and better things DB10. :cry: How else is the world wide recession and credit crunch going to be solved? :? :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Alas he has moved on to bigger and better things DB10. :cry: How else is the world wide recession and credit crunch going to be solved? :? :lol: :lol: :wink:
All thanks to ECD. :wink:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

FFS we lost the game yes....other then nasri n arshavin did he ave a choice with the deffence n goalkeeper.....no due to injuries.....people moaning like this sayin wenger should be sacked is the reason me n many more are not as reguler as we use to....bring on the mancs in the CL and keep the fuckin faith n fuck off n support the chavs or manure coz there bound to win sommin if we dont :banghead: :banghead: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

stearmaster wrote:FFS we lost the game yes....other then nasri n arshavin did he ave a choice with the deffence n goalkeeper.....no due to injuries.....people moaning like this sayin wenger should be sacked is the reason me n many more are not as reguler as we use to....bring on the mancs in the CL and keep the fuckin faith n fuck off n support the chavs or manure coz there bound to win sommin if we dont :banghead: :banghead: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Steary youre a nice bloke but this post is embarrasing

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

flash gunner wrote:
stearmaster wrote:FFS we lost the game yes....other then nasri n arshavin did he ave a choice with the deffence n goalkeeper.....no due to injuries.....people moaning like this sayin wenger should be sacked is the reason me n many more are not as reguler as we use to....bring on the mancs in the CL and keep the fuckin faith n fuck off n support the chavs or manure coz there bound to win sommin if we dont :banghead: :banghead: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
im fed up of reading everywhere saying wenger should be sacked, if we come back with the champions league, them same people are gunner be saying wenger should have a job for life :roll: :oops:

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Steary,

Nice to hear from you - people who have different opinions are the reason that makes this forum what it is. if you dont agree with a point of view then most on here would prefer you fight your corner than not post at all mate?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

stearmaster wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
im fed up of reading everywhere saying wenger should be sacked, if we come back with the champions league, them same people are gunner be saying wenger should have a job for life :roll: :oops:
I agree but Wenger made mistakes on Saturday and it deserves to be dicussed. To tell people to fuck off and support Chavs and manure isnt the answer. Yeah bring on man utd in the Semi's but lets hope Wenger doesnt fuck it up this time

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

flash gunner wrote:
stearmaster wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
I agree but Wenger made mistakes on Saturday and it deserves to be dicussed. To tell people to fuck off and support Chavs and manure isnt the answer. Yeah bring on man utd in the Semi's but lets hope Wenger doesnt fuck it up this time
yea i agree he did, but how often dose he make these stupid mistakes, the only time i remember was not signing ne1 else in the summer or january.....18-20 *cant remember off the top of my head* plus feel like shit so cba to look up games unbeaten before then....a few years ago 49 unbeaton....CL final in 2006, to the semis of the fa cup and the champions league with a young squad....now i dont think thats too bad goin, neway sorry about saying fuck off n support the chavs or mancs.....at the end of the day me and a few other stayed til we were kicked out *not in a bad way* of the gunners after 3 quarters of the pub had left,..... :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

stearmaster wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
stearmaster wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
yea i agree he did, but how often dose he make these stupid mistakes, the only time i remember was not signing ne1 else in the summer or january.....18-20 *cant remember off the top of my head* plus feel like shit so cba to look up games unbeaten before then....a few years ago 49 unbeaton....CL final in 2006, to the semis of the fa cup and the champions league with a young squad....now i dont think thats too bad goin, neway sorry about saying fuck off n support the chavs or mancs.....at the end of the day me and a few other stayed til we were kicked out *not in a bad way* of the gunners after 3 quarters of the pub had left,..... :barscarf:
There is a saying youre only as good as your last..... (whatever the line of business youre in) in this case youre only as good as your last game/season etc Wenger has been and will be regarded as the best EVER Arsenal manager but he does need to get the team performing in big games and winning things again. He has a project to bring through youngsters and now he has to start getting results. Im not for sacking him but i welcome people with different views to me

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I kinda know what Stearys saying as I was saying it at the start of the season.

Wengers had to, not through choice, cut the size of the team down and sell in order to progress with the finances of the stadium.
Wenger knows that we cannot complete in the transfer market at the moment as the loan repayments are something like £15-20million per season.

Therefore, since the invincibles, Wengers had to sell the stars in favour of a long term youth policy. Saving on both wages and transfers. Look how many players have gone since 2006. So there will be a team which will be the weakess under Wenger. This could be it :D or worse still to come. :?

The board even said that financially there are prepared for a season (or two??) with out CL football.

However, on the flip side Wengers tactics and team selection on Sat didn't help and that was his fault but to call for his head is too strong.

Remember some where calling for his head before the season had started and had you offered them the below. It's not been that bad a season for a team that's (possibly) the weakest in Wengers era.

FA cup - Semi's
CL - Semi's (or possibly better)
PL - 4th (or possibly better)
CC - Quarters.

So to sum up although we're still without silverware we're not actually that bad. It could be worse, we could be Sp*ds! :lol:

BT

Post by BT »

As with everyone else, there were so many things that baffled me yesterday.

I can - if I'm being very open minded - see why he left Arshavin out because Hiddink said in the programme that he would 'be sure to neutralise the threat of AA'.

But we should have played to our strengths. Arshavin was fully rested and is one of the best at set pieces.

And still, that doesnt excuse why he didnt play Nasri and Song, who is in the form of his life and much better than Diaby and winning those midfield battles.

Secondly, yes the pitch was bad but everyone knew Chelsea would do their usual hoof upfield to Drogba to overcome that. What I don't understand is why we didnt have Eduardo on the bench because he is surely one of the few players we have who we can play to in a similar way and who is largely responsible for us being in the semi final.

I dont think its worth going over the defence issue because there was little choice and we all know Almunia isnt the cup keeper. I think we really missed Gallas who always raises his game for Chelsea.

And mostly i'm just pissed off that our winning streak has ended because Wenger was so cowardly and that this has damaged the harmony and confidence that we'd just found. He goes on about not wanting to 'kill off' players but throwing them into games like that when they're not ready or surrounded by experienced players kills their confidence more than anything.

All that said, I wouldnt want him to go yet - on wednesday i was immensely proud of this team - but yet again I think maybe he needs a number two with some tactical nous or at least someone questioning him on such occasions.

augie

Post by augie »

Steary, sid started this thread and did so calling for wenger's sacking but he did post since (when he calmed down :wink: ) and retracted that part of the thread.

Anyway while it is good to hear from you again I cannot be disagree with your response. You say that other than arshavin and nasri wenger did everything else right but everybody here has slated him for his team selection and tactics in midfield and not the defense where you rightly point out that we were depleted. I dont think that anybody will disagree that diaby and denilson are not good enough and to play them in a huge game on saturday when he had other options defies belief :o Would you not also agree that playing 5 in midfield is a huge mistake which he duly componded by playing rvp on the wing :shock: Finally it was clear to everybody that our midfield was being outplayed in the last 30mins so why did he wait so long to make a change ? In close big games it is decisions like these that can make the difference :(

One more point - wenger has cited fatigue for our defeat on saturday so why then did he pick denilson ? If I am correct he has played more minutes for the 1st team this season than any outfield player