Is the gap really that wide?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
123456arsenal

Is the gap really that wide?

Post by 123456arsenal »

Today we got outclassed, admittedly we were away from home and poorer than usual but tonight could of been an embaressment just like the FA cup quater final last season. Today felt like a a reality check, are we that inferior? even our youth has been outshadowed by that italian guy and Wellbeck. Infact every season it's always "potentially" or "in the future" Anderson may have been poor tonight but even with his shocking corners he was miles better than Fabregas. It really is depressing as the future does not look bright despite our attempts to break the guiness book or records for youngest team ever.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Are you trying to say anderson is better than cesc, HE ISNT
Cesc has missed 3 months and has been thrown straight back into the firing line. I believe he hasnt missed a game since his return against city?
He looks tired, I wouldnt have played him against borough personally and I would certainly not play him against pompey.
We had a kid at left back and our worst defender at CB and we lost by 1 goal to man united at old trafford and even that goal had a disgusting deflection which put it on a plate for o'shea.
We had a great chance with bendtner :banghead: Theo should have done better before but once again I think people are overacting so soon after a match.

123456arsenal

Post by 123456arsenal »

wow jim i wish i could see things from your blik

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

why is everyone so negative

thought we had a great second half. utd aren't the European champions for nothing i think we done well considering the players missing

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:why is everyone so negative

thought we had a great second half. utd aren't the European champions for nothing i think we done well considering the players missing

Apparently it doesn't matter :roll:

123456arsenal

Post by 123456arsenal »

It's always "considering" cant we just get the fucking job done?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

cause we don't have depth and thats been obvious for quite some time we should be well out of this but were not thats a plus

the tie isn't over

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Aren't we just 10% away from world domination! :wink:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

123456arsenal wrote:wow jim i wish i could see things from your blik
:lol: I just think sometimes we are too harsh on ourselves. I admit we need a centre half and a DMF,
I think we have quality strikers (RVP, Ade, Eddie, Vela)
3 great wingers (Nasri, Arshavin, Theo)
One of the best centre mids in the world (Denilson :lol: Cesc of course)
A good centre back in toure
2 of the best full backs (Sagna and Gael)
a Decent keeper in Almunia who has proved himself this season
and some good backups like denilson, diaby, song, Bendtner, traore, eboue (RB), Fabianski, this guy who aparantly plays for us who wears number 7 :?

I dont think that much is missing, we just need to steer clear of majour injuries and the backups shouldnt get as many games as they have been given this season. I look at teams like chelsea with a lack of good width, old players with no real young replacements, having to face decisions of which manager to try next, filling uo their shitty ground.
I just think that all isnt so bad. Have faith, anything can happen in footy :barscarf:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Too many people had a bad day, Ade worked hard but was lacking his usual strength, Walcott couldn't get on the ball, Cesc was poor, Nasri vanished. If Arsene resists his recent urge to do something stupid in big games and one or two players buck up their idea's, we can win.

aw

Post by aw »

one or two players away

123456arsenal

Post by 123456arsenal »

Liar! Adebayor never works hard! seriously this season our players have not been up for the fight al all. I would end the season thropheyless and yes be frustrated but to know that the players weren't giving it 100%(like adebayor) or just weren't ANYWHERE near good enough(song etc) just pisses me off. Everything pisses me off with this club just like we would sign a crock from our rivals and there that's our derence.

aw

Post by aw »

The Mancs were up for it tonight. They got the result they wanted and were hoping for a 2nd goal on the break.

Maybe Diaby shouldn't have played but I think our tactics were ok.

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

123456arsenal wrote:Liar! Adebayor never works hard! seriously this season our players have not been up for the fight al all. I would end the season thropheyless and yes be frustrated but to know that the players weren't giving it 100%(like adebayor) or just weren't ANYWHERE near good enough(song etc) just pisses me off. Everything pisses me off with this club just like we would sign a crock from our rivals and there that's our derence.
Is that a joke? :lol: :oops:

123456arsenal

Post by 123456arsenal »

You beg to differ? when was the last time you saw Adebayor chace a game? rooney and tevez work their socks off but our attackers are lazy and static. I dont get what people see in Song would you swap him for:

Mascherano-yes of course you would
carrick-he can actually pass a ball
essien-makes song look like a league 1 player

Oh but he'll come good right? :roll: