FOOD OR FOOTBALL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

FOOD OR FOOTBALL

Post by donaldo »

A SIMPLE QUESTION TO THE 20,000 FANS WHO CANT MAKE IT BACK TO THEIR SEATS IN TIME FOR THE SECOND HALF OF GAMES AT ASHBURTON- IF YOU DIDNT EAT OR DRINK AT HALF TIME WOULD YOU DIE? THE REASON I ASK THIS QUESTION IS THAT THESE 20,000 FANS WHO WOULD RATHER STUFF THEIR FACES THAN WATCH THE MIGHTY REDS. I GO TO A LOCAL CAFE AT 1PM AND THEN TO THE PUB TILL 2.30PM. I DONT EAT OR DRINK AGAIN TILL 5.30PM. I WATCH EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME, WHY CANT EVERYONE DO THAT? HOW CAN I DO IT AND YOU CANT?
IF YOU CANT GO FOR 3 HOURS WITHOUT FOOD DONT COME TO ASHBURTON,GO TO MACDONALDS.YOU ARE PUTTING OUR GREAT CLUB TO SHAME BY HAVING ROWS AND ROWS OF EMPTY SEATS AT OUR GREAT NEW STADIUM.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS FOOD OR FOOTBALL

arsenal

Post by arsenal »

We stayed when we were 3-0 down in 1st half against Inter Milan.

:cry:

Loyal supporters!

northbankchap

Post by northbankchap »

I am a scot living in London 30 years and supporting Arsenal since moving here.I can sympathise with the situation at the moment with the "prawn sandwich" supporters. I have been at games where you could have had another game on the terraces at Highbury due to the lack of supporters when the team were going through a lean spell so it's between a rock and a hard place as at the end of it all we are all Gooners.I sat in my son in laws seat for the watford game where it seems a lot of the old clock end supporters seem to have bought their new stadium season tickets and had a marvellous day.The reason was that I heard and joined in singing songs I hadn't heard at Arsenal for years. I am now back to my own seat upstairs at the south? end of AB and the supporters here are stuck singing the same 5 songs. When I lived in Scotland whenever there were new songs about there was sellers outside the stadium selling 'LP's' of the new songs and the best of these would be sung by the fans in the oncoming weeks,so is that a good idea or what? There are a lot of 'new ' supporters who don't know a lot of our songs so why can't all the old songs and new ones be recorded on cd and sold for cost,at least this way they will learn the songs and you can play the cd in the car or whatever c'mon let's make AB a place where the opposition don't feel welcome.