Men 1 Boys 0 (29/4)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Can Arsenal yet turn this semi-final around?

Poll ended at Thu May 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes - we're gonna win 3-1 - at least!
29%
Dead and Buried - not a hope in hell...
71%

Total votes: 7

proudtosaythatname

Men 1 Boys 0 (29/4)

Post by proudtosaythatname »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/editorial/index.php?id=169

So, is it all doom and gloom? :banghead:

Does anyone have an optimistic thought to cheer up our depressed editor and prevent him topping himself before next Tuesday night?

I'm a 'glass half full' person but I can't disagree with a single word of his article, even down to wanting the game to finish before the Mancs scored. At the time of writing this I can engender no hope for next week. But, as they say, football is a funny old game. We may yet be lining up against Barcelona in Rome next month. :barscarf: Mmm, I think I'm feeling better already...what does everone else think?

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

My dad taught me to be the eternal optimist, so I am going for this option rather than realism.

It aint over until the fat lady sings......... :ihh:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The problem is Susan Boyle started singing weeks ago!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Redexpress

Post by Redexpress »

All I can offer is that I was quite pessimistic before the manc game at home, and after taking a bit of a hiding in the first 10 or 15 minutes we really came into the game and played well, although a repeat of the 90th minute "consolation" goal would be much more costly this time.

(the fact that I had a tenner on Sami to score the first goal that day made things 120 times sweeter).

Man U might go into next weeks game slightly complacently, as Ferguson is convinced they will score, so you never know..............

:barscarf:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

And now we have a lucky mascot for the day! :barscarf: