MAN U CL THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rigsby

Post by rigsby »

This is the most nervous I've ever been before a game, even the CL final (mainly due to being very drunk beforehand!) I just want to beat them and shut them up for once and fucking all. It'll be Wengers best ever night as a manager if he pulls this off.

Reminds me a lot of the Liverpool/Chelsea match a few years back, Liverpool 1 nil down, people writing them off and then they went through second leg. Hopefully the same, but I don't think I could handle a shootout!

Whatever happens, I just hope we give it a real go and can at least be proud of the way we played. COME ON THE ARSENAL!!!!!(I would write more but I need the toilet again!)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Here we go; I'm clocking off in a minute, going home to change, have a snack if nerves allow, a couple of beers and then off to the ground. I don't know how to feel at the moment, half of me is fairly relaxed but the other half is full of nervous tension.

One thing I know is that tonight is our night; you me and all the other fans that have paid our money, traipsed up and down the country, across the continent, taken days off work, bunked days off work, missed birthdays and anniversaries, taken stick and given it back and above all been an Arsenal man to the core.

Europe will be watching us tonight, let's show them we are The Arsenal, that we have class, tradition, history, heritage, honesty and passion. It's now a decade since a certain night at villa park in a semi-final and now it's our turn for revenge. It's twenty since a certain miracle on merseyside. This might just well be a turning point in our history. Our boys are owed some fortune and may tonight be just the start of it. History tells us that we are at our best when our backs are against the wall and when we need to prove our doubters wrong. In the words of George Graham, tonight is 'like climbing a mountain' but we can do it and do it with a touch of class, do it The Arsenal Way.

Let's get behind our team and let the world know that we are ready, we are together and WE ARE THE ARSENAL!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

typing these words im so excited,we have a special special night in front of us

sing up or fuck off

anyone who you see sitting on there arse tonight have a go :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Here we go; I'm clocking off in a minute, going home to change, have a snack if nerves allow, a couple of beers and then off to the ground. I don't know how to feel at the moment, half of me is fairly relaxed but the other half is full of nervous tension.

One thing I know is that tonight is our night; you me and all the other fans that have paid our money, traipsed up and down the country, across the continent, taken days off work, bunked days off work, missed birthdays and anniversaries, taken stick and given it back and above all been an Arsenal man to the core.

Europe will be watching us tonight, let's show them we are The Arsenal, that we have class, tradition, history, heritage, honesty and passion. It's now a decade since a certain night at villa park in a semi-final and now it's our turn for revenge. It's twenty since a certain miracle on merseyside. This might just well be a turning point in our history. Our boys are owed some fortune and may tonight be just the start of it. History tells us that we are at our best when our backs are against the wall and when we need to prove our doubters wrong. In the words of George Graham, tonight is 'like climbing a mountain' but we can do it and do it with a touch of class, do it The Arsenal Way.

Let's get behind our team and let the world know that we are ready, we are together and WE ARE THE ARSENAL!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Love this post 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BT

Post by BT »

Please don't play Diaby, please don't play Diaby, please don't play Diaby.

I feel so nervous I'm tempted to take up smoking again

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

augie wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Here we go; I'm clocking off in a minute, going home to change, have a snack if nerves allow, a couple of beers and then off to the ground. I don't know how to feel at the moment, half of me is fairly relaxed but the other half is full of nervous tension.

Love this post 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Quality :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Djourou starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Sylvestre!

REB

Post by REB »

no tevez or berbatov for the mancs,, they are going defensive which is a good thing for us

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor.

Yeah them going 1 up front could play into our hands nicely!!!! Great news. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

safcftm wrote:best of luck tonight lads- hope you get through
Cheers fella.

Good luck to your lot, too. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

rodders999 wrote:Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor.

Yeah them going 1 up front could play into our hands nicely!!!! Great news. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
bad news, I think it may be 4-5-1 (the fa cup semi line-up) NOT GOOD AT ALL :banghead: please GOD say ITV got it wrong and its really 4-4-2

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

It's 4-2-3-1 I think?

alangooner4life

Post by alangooner4life »

sky sports news are showing 4-4-2, fergie gone defensive with 4-5-1. im so nervous i dont know what to do! come on u gooners!!!!!!

Gooner Chris

Post by Gooner Chris »

Not confident at all.

Anyhow;

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

fuck it!!

lucky mancs

not a bad start from us either!