If the worst should happen.....the upside!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

If the worst should happen.....the upside!

Post by MK Gould »

- Saves 3 days annual leave

- Saves upwards of £1,000

- We’d have lost in the Final anyway

- Increases the chances of us finishing 3rd (Arsene asked me to include this one….)

- Get a decent night's sleep rather than have the worry of booking flights

- Avoids all the worries and stress about getting tickets for the Final.......

Any others??

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we got through tonight but lost the final it could finish me. 2006 still haunts me and I know I could not go through another night like that ever again.

augie

Post by augie »

I suppose there would be a much bigger chance than the chavs would not win it if they faced manure in the final :oops:

It might also convince wenger that instead of being just 1 or 2% away from ruling again we are actually 2 or 3 quality players away from dominating again

Hopefully it might also convince wenger that some of our players are just not good enough and will sell them in the summer

Overall the saving of the undoubted stress of getting tickets, hotels etc for the final would be the biggest plus but still not enough to mask the disappointment of not winning again :cry: :cry: :cry:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

One of the highlights of my Golf is that the Greenkeeper is a Spud, It always gives me great pleasure to take the Mick when I see him. If we lose i will be looking over my shoulder avoiding him. I have just realised my golfing buddy is a Manure fan(fuck). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

rodders999 wrote:If we got through tonight but lost the final it could finish me. 2006 still haunts me and I know I could not go through another night like that ever again.
Funny things happen in finals though.We have lost finals to teams we should have beaten Ipswich,West Ham and Luton but won finals we shouldnt have Liverpool 87,Parma and Man Utd 2005.

In 2006 Barcelona were a better team than us yet with 10 men we came so close to beating them.And in 2005 liverpool were the 5th best team in the country and came back from 3-0 dowm to win

We may be huge underdogs in the final whoever we may play but i would like us to have the chance to win it

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It would be devastating if in a final were neither of the teams had ever won the competition, we were to lose to a tinpot club like the chavs, and their name went on the trophy before ours.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

donaldo wrote:
rodders999 wrote:If we got through tonight but lost the final it could finish me. 2006 still haunts me and I know I could not go through another night like that ever again.
Funny things happen in finals though.We have lost finals to teams we should have beaten Ipswich,West Ham and Luton but won finals we shouldnt have Liverpool 87,Parma and Man Utd 2005.

In 2006 Barcelona were a better team than us yet with 10 men we came so close to beating them.And in 2005 liverpool were the 5th best team in the country and came back from 3-0 dowm to win

We may be huge underdogs in the final whoever we may play but i would like us to have the chance to win it
Good post.

Football throws up all sorts of suprises (Greece being European Champions?!! :shock: ) ... and we're just 2 suprises away from Champions League glory.

Keep believing. :wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Paddy Power are returning all stakes on correct scores, first goalscorers if the game tonight goes into extra time.

So with this in mind, I have done a little punt on us winning on pens, (25-1) and a (''you never know'') 3-1 correct score (for us obviously)

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

wlchuccc

Re: If the worst should happen.....the upside!

Post by wlchuccc »

MK Gould wrote:- Saves 3 days annual leave

- Saves upwards of £1,000

- We’d have lost in the Final anyway

- Increases the chances of us finishing 3rd (Arsene asked me to include this one….)

- Get a decent night's sleep rather than have the worry of booking flights

- Avoids all the worries and stress about getting tickets for the Final.......

Any others??
Don't care, just want to be in the FINAL...Up the Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf:

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

I would never hear the end of it from my mates :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

COME ON YOU REDS!!