Centre of midfield.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JakeN13

Centre of midfield.

Post by JakeN13 »

Most of the talk seems to be about that we need players...however there is at least one postion where we are a bit over crowded, centre of midfield. Gilberto and Fabregas would be the given for a lot of people but for me Diaby is simply too good to be kept out of the team.
Wenger used him at the right side of midfield quite a bit last season and he did ok but it's not his natural position and it doesn't really fit in with the way we play the game having him there.
So what's the answer? Fabregas is obviously too good to be droped and need to play whenever he's fit. Gilberto is really important to have with his exeperince and the way he's cover up for players like Clichy, Eboue, Rosicky etc when they're out of their positions. With Denilson waiting to break through as well... Is it time to start playing with a 3 man central midfield more often? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of the football we played in the League cup final with a centre midfield of Fabregas, Diaby and Denilson.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Think we just have depth, can use Gilberto/Fab as first choice for PL/CL games and let Diaby/Denilson develop in FA/CC matches, with them stepping in if G/F injured, although Diaby seems to be excellent going forward so may not be just a holding midfielder but then in FA/CC games there is less need for a holder.

The 3 would be good though and may allow Hleb to play more in his preferred central position.

REB

Post by REB »

hav 2 agree wit hopper,, think diaby will be some player thou but maybe nxt season :mrgreen:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

i think Diaby is to good to just have just for the FA/CC i think he will become a regular this season. very impressive in CC final had to look twice sometimes when he had the ball with likeness to PV firmly believe we woule of won i he stayed on that game.

WalcottSignedMyShirt

Post by WalcottSignedMyShirt »

I thought when I first see him two seasons ago, and he came on and kinda juggled the ball while running, and had a really impressive game that the guy was like a Viera clone.

I think even think the CL final may have been diffrent with him, but that cu*t broke his ankle when they were allready relegated.