Eduardo work permit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chopper

Eduardo work permit

Post by Chopper »

What is happening to us?

I have had renewed optimism lately but now i feel we are turning into a laughing stock! Apparently Eduardo still hasn't got his work permit yet, and Arsene has said...."I'm optimistic that we have a reasonable chance."

What sort of a comment is that? We spend £8m on a player who has a reasonable chance of playing for us!!!!

I'm certain he'll get a permit as he matches the criteria but what sort of a comment is that from AW?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

not the sort of thing i wanted to hear after his impressive displays so far. how did he play the friendlies if he didnt have the permit?

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

i think hew was alowd to play becuse the games was not in england thats probs the real reason he didnt play against barnet

augie

Post by augie »

I guess the lack of strength in depth arguement will raise again this weekend as we were already without theo,rosicky & ade. Am I having a mental block or am I right in saying that we only have 2 recognised strikers available for this weekend (rvp & Bedtner) ? I know this is only a mickey mouse tournament but having so little strike power already should be a concern. How the f*ck is it taking us that long to organise a work permit for Eduardo ? Surely the games played at this time of the year are especially important for players like him that are trying to get accoustomed to his new team-mates in competitive games ? Christ we look a mess at the moment

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

We are like a once great club in suspended animation :(

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

Its a f**king mess

lowerwest

Summer spend

Post by lowerwest »

The Eduardo thing plus the injuries...then u hear AW saying we must fight for the title.He is really losing the plot if he thinks we will be in 15 points of it. Look at the squad ffs.

we_are_the_arsenal

Re: Summer spend

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

lowerwest wrote:The Eduardo thing plus the injuries...then u hear AW saying we must fight for the title.He is really losing the plot if he thinks we will be in 15 points of it. Look at the squad ffs.
the injuries arnt bad, they will be right for the ajax game. We have a good squad and will fight for the title.

If Densilon can get a permit im sure eduardo can. The chances are good to get him a permit, but its not 100% which is the normally the case.

I think he can play this weekend on a temporary work permit.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Well guys, the initial request was turned down by the Home Office....

An appeal hearing will take place on Thursday...

What is going on? Why wasn't this worked out before we signed him or why were all the articles not saying 'subject to a work permit'....

So we'll have to go back into the transfer market to get a new striker if it doesn't go through. Who is our next choice?

RaM

Post by RaM »

why were all the articles not saying 'subject to a work permit'....
Sorry it does actually say so on his Arsenal.com profile.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I can't believe what Im reading!

:evil:

RaM

Post by RaM »

The People that work in the Home Office are spurs fans. This confirms it.

REB

Post by REB »

com on guys,, every player that coms in needs a permit,, just watchin sky sports and aw said it wont be a prob,, every1 fit and ready b4 season starts,, still 2wks rememeber.. :mrgreen:

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

How do ManUtd get thier's because they managed to get one of there kids nani or anderson

RaM

Post by RaM »

still 2wks rememeber..
Don't remind me, it's too long!