Ungrateful, spoilt fans. Be careful what you wish for.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Aaron Inglis wrote:Fabiansky is good enough, he was given no protection from the Ref'.

Theres fishing, and then theres fishing.

Emma_bryne

Post by Emma_bryne »

We would be silly to get rid of Wenger.

Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

Where's the avatar, Emma ?

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Emma_bryne wrote:We would be silly to get rid of Wenger.
Can you give 5 valid reasons that cant be argued?

Emma_bryne

Post by Emma_bryne »

Aaron Inglis wrote:Where\'s the avatar, Emma ?
It wont let me upload any.

Emma_bryne

Post by Emma_bryne »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
I could but il do it later.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

olgitgooner wrote:We have supporters who are calling for Wenger's head, because we have won fuck-all for a WHOLE FOUR YEARS!

I really don't see the logic.

The quality of our football is admired world-wide. Even though we have had no success recently.

Arsene is not perfect. But he has brought us fantastic success and kudos. Based on playing magnificent attacking football. The like of which older Gooners could only dream of. AND he's working on a tight budget.

Give the man a cheque book the size of the one they've been been waving around in Manchester for the last ten years, and at Chelsea for the last five, or so, years? You would see an almost unbeatable team.

The day that Arsene leaves Arsenal will be a very sad day for me
Well said, Old Git.
Couldn't agree more.

Imagine what Arsene would have done if he'd been in Chequebook Fergie's position over the past 20 years!
We'd have had more than one Invincible season.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

mikeyb772001 wrote:

1) His name goes really well with the name of our club.
2) The players think of him as a father figure.
3) He already has all his post-match speeches organised.
4) He has this nice Stephen Hawking-Basil Fawlty thing going.
5) We'd end up with Phil Brown.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Kiwi Gooner wrote: Imagine what Arsene would have done if he'd been in Chequebook Fergie's position over the past 20 years!
Sometimes I think that AW is happy not to have had the funds available. For if he did splash the cash, and still come up short, he really would be a failure.

As it is, he seems happy in his comfort zone and can just plod along without any pressure at all.

And I don't think we'd have had more than one unbeaten season. Remember, we didn't spend hundreds of millions acquiring the players that helped us achieve that, so I don't think transfer kitty was an issue then.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
Kiwi Gooner wrote: Imagine what Arsene would have done if he'd been in Chequebook Fergie's position over the past 20 years!
Sometimes I think that AW is happy not to have had the funds available. For if he did splash the cash, and still come up short, he really would be a failure.

As it is, he seems happy in his comfort zone and can just plod along without any pressure at all.

quote]

I think you're underestimating Arsene's competitiveness.
He wants to win just as much as we do.

But, he's had his hands tied financially and has been loyally trooping out
the party line.
I reckon he's now had a gutsful as much as any of us.

Anyway, off-season is going to be interesting...

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

Kiwi Gooner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:We have supporters who are calling for Wenger's head, because we have won fuck-all for a WHOLE FOUR YEARS!

I really don't see the logic.

The quality of our football is admired world-wide. Even though we have had no success recently.

Arsene is not perfect. But he has brought us fantastic success and kudos. Based on playing magnificent attacking football. The like of which older Gooners could only dream of. AND he's working on a tight budget.

Give the man a cheque book the size of the one they've been been waving around in Manchester for the last ten years, and at Chelsea for the last five, or so, years? You would see an almost unbeatable team.

The day that Arsene leaves Arsenal will be a very sad day for me
Well said, Old Git.
Couldn't agree more.

What a great thought out post olgit 8)

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Bring Back Pires wrote: And I don't think we'd have had more than one unbeaten season. Remember, we didn't spend hundreds of millions acquiring the players that helped us achieve that, so I don't think transfer kitty was an issue then.
The invincibles was arguably the last generation where winners could be moulded on a sane budget. Game has changed, how long for who knows but until there is a major shakeup of the financial balance of power in England i can see us and arsene continuing to struggle.

GoonerJim

Post by GoonerJim »

Emma_bryne wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
I could but il do it later.
I'll hate to see you when he does eventually leave! Nothing lasts forever, people come and go at Arsenal - the only thing that matters is the club.