Ungrateful, spoilt fans. Be careful what you wish for.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Aaron Inglis

Ungrateful, spoilt fans. Be careful what you wish for.

Post by Aaron Inglis »

It's always surpising to see how fickle our so-called 'fans' are, although I do think this is the worst we've seen such a strong objection to Le Bosses philosophy since he took over. Firstly, I'd like to ask where everyone thinks this club would be without Wenger's management ? Would we have seen such great football, with silverware, without Wenger ? and what would happen to this club without a co-ordinated change in management with Wenger's advice and experience in selecting his successor ?. I think these are questions that need to be answered with a calm head in order to come up with sound answers.
The truth is that the 'masterplan' does look shaky at the moment but I think we need to have enough confidence in Arsene to change this teams' direction, even slightly, if he feels it isn't working. As the situation stands we are 4th and have done well in all Cups, albeit without a trophy. This a position that every other club in the country, bar three, would kill to be in and we shouldn't forget this. Our youth policy, squad potential and value and our financial standing and potential are all amongst the best in the world and this is largely down to Arsene. I know we all know this but I think sometimes our 'fans' need a hand pulling thier heads out of thier backsides, although it's probably a wasted effort with a large percentage of us.
I do see problems with the squad, particularly with the lack of aggression and spirit in the side. A couple of players in the mould of Keown and Parlour would cheer me right up and it looks as though we'll be bringing in some muscle in the summer judging by what the manager has said and if this is the case then we will really be in the title race again. So maybe those who call for 'le bosses' head should sit down and have a long hard think then agree with me !! Wenger Knows !
( These comments are brought out of a fear for my club. If 'fans' push hard enough we usually get what we want, in time. This would be a disaster if I take the majority of comments and blogs I've read of late. )
Up le Arsenal !!![/list][/quote][/u][/i]

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Thats a chance I am willing to take! :evil:

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

So when do you say enough is enough?

I am willing to give wenger another year to show improvement, i want to be in the hunt for the league in may, and win one of the cups.

Maybe the carling cup should be made more important again, just to get that winning mentality back into our team.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Good post.

There are 2 schools of thought here, those that want to stay traditional and respectfull at the top (in which Wenger is having to live within the means of the club and is doing all he can with what is available to him) and those who want to get into bed with an American or fat Russian (who would then be more about spending and buying success then balancing the books)

Unfortunatly we can't have our cake and eat it, the ground was built so those are the 2 paths, go left, stay pure and get used to doing things the hard way or go right and join the rest of the big clubs while allowing some undesirable to own the club.

If Wenger left then unless someone like David Moyes came in who is used to working in this climate then the club will only go one way and that's not up.

Number 5

Re: Ungrateful, spoilt fans. Be careful what you wish for.

Post by Number 5 »

Whilst an admirable attempt and certainly 100 times better than telling certain fans to support another club I fear your pro Wenger stance is severely flawed.

To say
Aaron Inglis wrote:The truth is that the 'masterplan' does look shaky at the moment
Aaron Inglis wrote:I do see problems with the squad, particularly with the lack of aggression and spirit in the side.
Then say
Aaron Inglis wrote:So maybe those who call for 'le bosses' head should sit down and have a long hard think then agree with me !! Wenger Knows !
completely contradicts any point you are trying to make.

Many people on here, myself included, have realised the two points I have quoted you on and are now querying wether Wenger is the man to correct these faults seeing as he so blindly let them develop.

But for now I'm out on any similar topics as they have been done to death.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Good post.

There are 2 schools of thought here, those that want to stay traditional and respectfull at the top (in which Wenger is having to live within the means of the club and is doing all he can with what is available to him) and those who want to get into bed with an American or fat Russian (who would then be more about spending and buying success then balancing the books)

Unfortunatly we can't have our cake and eat it, the ground was built so those are the 2 paths, go left, stay pure and get used to doing things the hard way or go right and join the rest of the big clubs while allowing some undesirable to own the club.

If Wenger left then unless someone like David Moyes came in who is used to working in this climate then the club will only go one way and that's not up.
On another thread you criticise all and sundry for expressing unproven opinions about Fatsmanov yet now you seem happy enough to do the same. Not tiresome now, huh?

Gunnersaurus wrote:

and you know this because.....?

Not saying I'm all for it but it's a bit tiresome reading so many comments directed at the guy like everyone's his best mate and because he's confided in them.

All I know is he's fat, Russian, has a dodgy past and wants to be involved in the club.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

DB10GOONER wrote:

On another thread you criticise all and sundry for expressing unproven opinions about Fatsmanov yet now you seem happy enough to do the same. Not tiresome now, huh?

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Not saying I'm all for it but it's a bit tiresome reading so many comments directed at the guy like everyone's his best mate and because he's confided in them.

All I know is he's fat, Russian, has a dodgy past and wants to be involved in the club.
Don't even go there mate or at least understand what is written.

He is an undesirable because thus far no one is embracing him including the board and both have made noises about spending heavily to build a team so that has come from their mouths as opposed to me just having a wild guess.....it's all in context.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

I think it's his stubborness and he is almost doing too much at this club...I don't want him leaving because after everything he has done he deserves time to make it right. What there is a danger of is him becoming a Brian Clough type figure, could do no wrong becuase of the success he brought Forest in the seventies and then by the early nineties after some clueless buys Forest were relegated.

I'm not saying anything like that will happen but I feel he certainly may need a new number two and someone who will say No to him, tacticlly he has got things wrong far too often in recent years and strange substitutions at strange times. We are also furthur in danger of falling out the top 4, the only reason we finished 4th is becuase Villa completly imploded.

I think this summer is the most important in Wengers reign. I am a supporter of him and always have been but these last few weeks have cast doubt into my mind. I'm not saying we should win the league next year but a sustained challenge needs to be expected. If we are still saying the same things this time next year, dare I say it, it could be time for a change

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Don't even go there mate or at least understand what is written.

He is an undesirable because thus far no one is embracing him including the board and both have made noises about spending heavily to build a team so that has come from their mouths as opposed to me just having a wild guess.....it's all in context.
Exact same context on the other thread. He is looking for a financial investment.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Number 5 wrote: But for now I'm out on any similar topics as they have been done to death.

You're watching too much Dragon's Den on UK Gold me thinks.... :wink:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Untill someone takes over the club then Wenger will always have the freedom to do what he likes, if someone takes over then he will have to answer to the owner.

The board loves Wenger, he runs the club well financialy with regards to the turnover of players/profit, this season would not have hurt them (IMO)

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

rodders999 wrote:
Number 5 wrote: But for now I'm out on any similar topics as they have been done to death.

You're watching too much Dragon's Den on UK Gold me thinks.... :wink:
Funnily enough I used to work for Rachel Elnaugh, one of the Dragon's from the first series.

The one who got canned for ploughing her own business into the ground. :oops: :oops:

But I got my phrase from watching too many TV shows from our Cousins over the pond.

8)

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

TRUE

F**KING TRUE

BEWARE WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!

IM SICK OF THE FICKLE FAN

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Untill someone takes over the club then Wenger will always have the freedom to do what he likes, if someone takes over then he will have to answer to the owner.

The board loves Wenger, he runs the club well financialy with regards to the turnover of players/profit, this season would not have hurt them (IMO)
Jaysus!! We agree on something!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

I'm scared... :? :lol:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I don't think anyone would do a better job then Wenger at the moment, granted he's made some bizzare decisions of late (like leaving Arshavin on the bench in the semi) but then he's not gonna get it right everytime, no one does.