Arsene's Q&A Heat

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GunnerDude

Arsene's Q&A Heat

Post by GunnerDude »

[quote]

Arsene Wenger turns on Arsenal fans, criticising ‘slaughter’ of his teamGary Jacob, Tom Dart

Arsène Wenger employed all of his charm to quell the ire of some disgruntled shareholders who turned on his Arsenal team last night. Just hours after the manager admitted that he is prepared to sell Emmanuel Adebayor to Chelsea if the striker leaves this summer, he was forced to defend his players during a testy question-and-answer session at the Emirates Stadium.

The team were criticised for lacking fight, backbone and leadership on the field and Adebayor was accused of diving to the approval of some assembled who suggested that the Togo forward should depart this summer.

Wenger, who said that he does have money to spend during the close season, reacted to the ferocity of some questions by criticising a section of the club’s fans, particularly at home, for turning on the team at the end of a fourth season without a trophy. He said that he and the players should be judged in two years’ time, a prediction he has made in previous seasons.
The tone of the evening was set by the opening question, expressing doubt as to whether the players had taken enough responsibility after their capitulation against Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final. “It is easy to sit in the stand and say that they are not up for the fight,â€

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

Well I Think the people at the meeting had every right to question Wenger.

Wenger says that the away support is fantastic and the players feel that then why do they never appreciate it?

He has a go at the home support then why does he not ask the club for a bigger singing section?

He says judge the team in 2 years does that mean he believes this team cannot win anything untill 2 years time (2010/2011 season) if so why does he expect fans to pay the highest prices in the country with no reward?

Wenger angers me with comments like that who cares if they look sharp in training but when they get onto the pitch look like its a light training session.

And to say that its "easy for fans to say the players showed no fight" aginst man u is laughable because in the first leg the players showed no fight and they showed fight for the first 7 mins untill they scored but after that the players heads dropped and we looked a beaten team.

CPHANMER

Post by CPHANMER »

I am not going to start off another rant about Wenger but after watching the last Q&A with Arsene on Arsenal TV i was so frustrated that once a member of the audience asked a question, they waited for the answer off Wenger but were not allowed to respond. This is so annoying. I mean thousands of us are so pissed off at the moment with a number of things so the moment someone asks him a question he gives his normal, young team/learning/gaining experience crap.

I would ask

Q, So Arsene could you please tell me how going unbeaten for 21 games is so great even though we have failed to win anything yet again and in all fairness we drew half of those games, thus would your philosophy work if we drew 38 games in a season meaning relegation but going a season unbeatan?

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

i thought this meeting was going to get a bit tasty tonight.

Think arsene is starting to realise just how much fans are disgruntled

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Im glad he has heard how many fans feel and hopefully it has burst the bubble he seems to live in where he can spout shit about belief and spirit and think we all lap it up. Good on ya the fans that had the guts to stand up and tell him straight

Maybe now Arsene knows (how we feel)

youngw

Post by youngw »

CPHANMER wrote:I am not going to start off another rant about Wenger but after watching the last Q&A with Arsene on Arsenal TV i was so frustrated that once a member of the audience asked a question, they waited for the answer off Wenger but were not allowed to respond. This is so annoying. I mean thousands of us are so pissed off at the moment with a number of things so the moment someone asks him a question he gives his normal, young team/learning/gaining experience crap.

I would ask

Q, So Arsene could you please tell me how going unbeaten for 21 games is so great even though we have failed to win anything yet again and in all fairness we drew half of those games, thus would your philosophy work if we drew 38 games in a season meaning relegation but going a season unbeatan?
Bob Wilson let the fans respond to Wenger Ive been told

digger

Post by digger »

Will this be screened on ATV? I'm pretty sure it was last season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

digger wrote:Will this be screened on ATV? I'm pretty sure it was last season
It was. Although last season's was just a big arse licking session for Arsene. Interesting to see if ATV show the latest one...

Red Carpet

Post by Red Carpet »

n7gooner wrote:
He says judge the team in 2 years does that mean he believes this team cannot win anything untill 2 years time (2010/2011 season) if so why does he expect fans to pay the highest prices in the country with no reward?
Its ridiculous comments like this that make me want to hand my season ticket back in as I am ashamed to be associated with them!.
When you pay for your season ticket you are not BUYING silverware, you are making a choice to support your football team.
Will people stop using the price of their season ticket as a stick to beat the manager with !!!.
Anyone got any mates that support Spurs or West Ham ?? ... ask them how much they pay a season.
Listening to comments on this board on occasions sadly reminds me of children moaning at having been denied sweets.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Carpet wrote:
n7gooner wrote:
Its ridiculous comments like this that make me want to hand my season ticket back in as I am ashamed to be associated with them!.
When you pay for your season ticket you are not BUYING silverware, you are making a choice to support your football team.
Will people stop using the price of their season ticket as a stick to beat the manager with !!!.
Anyone got any mates that support Spurs or West Ham ?? ... ask them how much they pay a season.
Listening to comments on this board on occasions sadly reminds me of children moaning at having been denied sweets.
I think you are missing the point a bit, mate. Most (accepted, not all but most) people are asking why our ST's are so dear and yet it appears none of that money is being re-invested in better quality players and strengthening a weak squad. A legit question to my mind. Not many people would be actually saying that high ST's should entitle them to trophies...

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

It's on Arsenal TV at 9pm this evening.

As for the reported comments, it seems Arsene is blaming everyone but the people responsible - himself and the players. :shock: :roll: :banghead:

I was looking forward to watching it but after reading a couple of extracts from the meeting I might not even bother now, as it appears that, after intial tough question/ing, the shareholders reverted to type and soon had their tongues wagging around Wenger's arse!! :oops: :roll: Funny how few, if any, picked him up on why 'judge me and the players in May', has now become 'judge us in two years time'!!:roll:

Mind you, perhaps it's all my fault as I don't - and won't - subscribe to the notion that Arsenal Football Club are now Arsene FC, like so many of the fans seem to believe!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:It's on Arsenal TV at 9pm this evening.

As for the reported comments, it seems Arsene is blaming everyone but the people responsible - himself and the players. :shock: :roll: :banghead:

I was looking forward to watching it but after reading a couple of extracts from the meeting I might not even bother now, as it appears that, after intial tough question/ing, the shareholders reverted to type and soon had their tongues wagging around Wenger's arse!! :oops: :roll: Funny how few, if any, picked him up on why 'judge me and the players in May', has now become 'judge us in two years time'!!:roll:

Mind you, perhaps it's all my fault as I don't - and won't - subscribe to the notion that Arsenal Football Club are now Arsene FC, like so many of the fans seem to believe!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :wink:
Agree wholeheartedly IHH. Don't get me wrong - I love the man, but we were The Arsenal long before he arrived and will be long after he is gone.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Carpet wrote:
n7gooner wrote:
I think you are missing the point a bit, mate. Most (accepted, not all but most) people are asking why our ST's are so dear and yet it appears none of that money is being re-invested in better quality players and strengthening a weak squad. A legit question to my mind. Not many people would be actually saying that high ST's should entitle them to trophies...
It's a fair comment DB but I think Wenger takes the bullits for the board with those concerns.

If this was happening at liverpool then you could bet that Benitez would tell all and point the finger.

The lack of money available falls on the boards shoulders but Wenger takes all the flack.

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

Red Carpet wrote:
n7gooner wrote:
Spurs have the second highest prices in the country after us...
Diluded fucks haha

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
digger wrote:Will this be screened on ATV? I'm pretty sure it was last season
It was. Although last season's was just a big arse licking session for Arsene. Interesting to see if ATV show the latest one...
ATV screened Wenger tossing people's salad? :shock:

Was this post watershed? 8)

I may have to subcribe if this the type of programming on offer. :wink: