Full time against Liverpool was a disgrace -16 Nov Exclusive

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pav

Post by Pav »

Not wishing to dwell - but 'potter' my point was you can't get up St. Thomas' Road to get to Finsbury Park owing to the Met's 'finest' keeping you held up - let alone walk to Manor House!

Anyway - if it really gets up your nose that people leave early then just feel satisfied that they have already missed Flamini's goal against Zagreb earlier in the season and I'm sure they will miss more.

Freddie71

Leaving early

Post by Freddie71 »

Its a bloody disgrace, there is no argument/excuse for leaving early. People travel from all over the country to see the boys and stay until the end of the game. Do you think the boys dont see you leaving early.
I have started taking pictures of those early leavers; they restrict the view from those of us that stay till the end..... will send them to Gunners Online shortly.

jockgooner

Post by jockgooner »

It is embarressing I agree but some people do have perfectly good reasons for leaving early no matter what the score or play is like, every club has those. But at the moment I am amazed at just how many leave long before the end.

Being from Scotland I tend to think that some of the the local gooners (London area) do not appreciate just how special it is to watch The Arsenal play live. When we go to watch Arsenal home or away , we go with the attitude that we are out for a major event day out and the 90minutes of play is the central point to that day out. We have no other agenda other than a few beers and a kebab. We arrive 2 or 3 hours before kick-off and usually stay in the stadium for 30 mins or so after full time, an hour in the local pub and then we make our way to Upper Street or somewhere and make a night of it. Now its easy for me to say that as I might only get to 5 home games and 7 or so away games but I have mates in Surrey who do exactly the same thing for every home game. They dont panic about getting home or fighting through the traffic, they just enjoy the day out - the whole day!
Same for midweek games they get to the ground as soon as they can after work and afterwards they go to the pub and let the crowd disperse,

If you leave the game early more often than not you are going to hit a queue somewhere so why bother?

Tomorrow morning at about 4.00am there will be over 50 Jocks heading off by planes and trains to make their way to The Emirates and we will all still be in the neighbourhood until well into Sunday morning I expect.
:D