Shock Ade Transfer News....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

It is all very well saying that we should keep him or at least demand more money but your arguements are built on if buts and maybes as well - if he scores 20 goals next season, if he improves his attitude, if he is shown love from the fans again etc etc :roll:

Now lets look at some facts for a change -

His bad attitude didnt develop last season - he has a history of being an ill disciplined toublemaker at both marseille and his countries national team and he merely carried that into last season :evil: You know what the say about leopards and spots :roll:

He is without doubt the worst offender ever in being caught offside :oops: For a team that depends on fast counter attacks like we do his continued habit of giving the opposition defence cheap free kicks is killing us

He is all about the money. Fact. We all seen the interview on bbc football focus where he lays it all out there that he is all about the money. This admission is consistant with his behaviour last summer where only the most gullible of fans believe that he wasnt trying to force his way out of the club :roll:

He brings unwanted negativity to the team. Like it or not most of us older Gooners value what it means to represent our club and deem his behaviour last summer as inexcusable and unforgiveable :evil: Be it right or wrong every time that he played last season thousands of us fans were trying hard to support the team and also let the judas *word censored* know what we think of him. This type of negativity is something that our young players can do without and there is no doubt that they were aware of it

Anyway the bottom line is this - we plucked a player from marseilles bench, helped him have the best season of his career 07/08 (to which he repayed us by trying to leave) and then watched him last season as he put in the absolute minimal effort possible for any professional in their job. As a buying club would you spend 30m on any player that his a history of attitude problems ? Would you spend 30m on a player that has had one very good season (goalscoring wise) with no proof that he is capable of doing that season in and season out ? In my opinion 22m is an acceptable amount for this player and should be accepted stright away. Some are getting their lines confused between accepting this sale and replacing him but imo the most important thing to do is firstly to offload the virus in our club and then when the cash is in the bank we will worry about getting in a replacement

youngw

Post by youngw »

I wouldnt mind seeing Ade go as long as he's replaced but I wouldnt be too confident of that happening.

He's a lazy bastard etc etc, but he would still get in most peoples starting XI's I'd reckon. Unless they were thinking heart over head.

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

Quality post Augie - sums it up well.

youngw

Post by youngw »

Augie - it was Monaco, not Marseilles :-P

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Augie, you debate to the masses very well 8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:It is all very well saying that we should keep him or at least demand more money but your arguements are built on if buts and maybes as well - if he scores 20 goals next season, if he improves his attitude, if he is shown love from the fans again etc etc :roll:

Now lets look at some facts for a change -

His bad attitude didnt develop last season - he has a history of being an ill disciplined toublemaker at both marseille and his countries national team and he merely carried that into last season :evil: You know what the say about leopards and spots :roll:

He is without doubt the worst offender ever in being caught offside :oops: For a team that depends on fast counter attacks like we do his continued habit of giving the opposition defence cheap free kicks is killing us

He is all about the money. Fact. We all seen the interview on bbc football focus where he lays it all out there that he is all about the money. This admission is consistant with his behaviour last summer where only the most gullible of fans believe that he wasnt trying to force his way out of the club :roll:

He brings unwanted negativity to the team. Like it or not most of us older Gooners value what it means to represent our club and deem his behaviour last summer as inexcusable and unforgiveable :evil: Be it right or wrong every time that he played last season thousands of us fans were trying hard to support the team and also let the judas c**t know what we think of him. This type of negativity is something that our young players can do without and there is no doubt that they were aware of it

Anyway the bottom line is this - we plucked a player from marseilles bench, helped him have the best season of his career 07/08 (to which he repayed us by trying to leave) and then watched him last season as he put in the absolute minimal effort possible for any professional in their job. As a buying club would you spend 30m on any player that his a history of attitude problems ? Would you spend 30m on a player that has had one very good season (goalscoring wise) with no proof that he is capable of doing that season in and season out ? In my opinion 22m is an acceptable amount for this player and should be accepted stright away. Some are getting their lines confused between accepting this sale and replacing him but imo the most important thing to do is firstly to offload the virus in our club and then when the cash is in the bank we will worry about getting in a replacement

Can't argue with that!!!!!!!!

Except the Monaco/Marseilles bit :lol: :oops: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

and you were doing so well :wink: :lol:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

I totally agree with augie ,Wenger pick this arsehole out of obscurity and put him in the world's footballing eye and how does he say thank you-give 's us 1 good season, which i might add even though he score 30 odd goals he missed quite a few also,he touts himself to Italian and spanish clubs and also thinking he is the new 'Henry'.Wenger in not selling him in hindsight made a big mistake but also should not have awarded him a colossus pay rise to £80 grand??.

What did he gives this season in return FUCK ALL!he showed no effort,no interest,and no commitment.He was constantly caught offside,even a corpse would move quicker,he showed very plainly he didn't want to play for THE ARSENAL and i can't believe that some of you wish him to stay! :shock: .

As stated before he has a history of trouble making and i believe he won't change until he gets want he wants i:e money!!You say,if he goes, we will weaken our squad HOW?I think Bendtner could and should easily replace him and if wenger had shown bendtner the same consideration as a certain few playes we got he might develop into the target man we calling for??.I be amazed if that greedy lazy wanker stays considering the bbc focus interview and he still is touting himself but if he does i be very sad indeed!!!! ADD to this augie's post!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Exiled-Gooner wrote:Wenger picks this arsehole out of obscurity and put him in the world's footballing eye and how does he say thank you-give 's us 1 good season
This isn't the first time that a player that AW has plucked out of obscurity - Improved them 100 fold as a player and then they've stabbed AW, The Team, Club and fans in the back

Hleb (yes he was good when he arrived - but was 1,000 times the (team) player by time he stabbed us in the back by courting barca)
Flamoney ( he was an okay(ish) dfenesive player when he arrived - but AW made himinto the mid-field machine he was by time he went....

The common denominator's in this peeps:

The word Loyalty means Fuck all to these types
AW is a Genius at bringing out the very best in a player who has potential

So as far as I'm concerned FUCK OFF adEBAYor - we don't want treachorous twats at The Arsenal...below is the latest from Sky News on man city & Arsenal talks about the treachorous C*NT

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0, ... 55,00.html#

LAZYBARNDOORRRR
SHOW HIM THE DORRRR!!! :barscarf:

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Tevez according to the Citeh website has signed for them, so unless they want enough strikers to fill three teams i think we can assume Ade will not be going there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Tevez according to the Citeh website has signed for them, so unless they want enough strikers to fill three teams i think we can assume Ade will not be going there.
Don't count on it mate - citeh and Hughes are intent on trying to do a chaski and have a bench load of starlets just to show how much wonga they've got.....

I hope we get the deal we need like Micah Richards coming to us + £22mill :D

Bergkamp-Genius

OneBardGooner wrote:
Exiled-Gooner wrote:Wenger picks this arsehole out of obscurity and put him in the world's footballing eye and how does he say thank you-give 's us 1 good season
This isn't the first time that a player that AW has plucked out of obscurity - Improved them 100 fold as a player and then they've stabbed AW, The Team, Club and fans in the back

Hleb (yes he was good when he arrived - but was 1,000 times the (team) player by time he stabbed us in the back by courting barca)
Flamoney ( he was an okay(ish) dfenesive player when he arrived - but AW made himinto the mid-field machine he was by time he went....

The common denominator's in this peeps:

The word Loyalty means Fuck all to these types
AW is a Genius at bringing out the very best in a player who has potential
:lol: :lol:
Hleb was one of the best players in the Bundesliga when we signed him AW didn't make him any better, if anything he lost some of his cutting edge when he was playing for us, the only thing we gave him was a bigger stage.
As for Flamoney, how exactly did AW make him into the midfield machine he was, i suppose playing him out of position consantly and not giving him a run in the team in his preferred position must be some sort of new fangled way of getting the most out of a player, maybe if we had played him regular in his preferred position a couple of years before we wouldn't of wasted his talent for those years sitting on the bench or playing at left back.

For every one player AW has brought in that has gone from nothing to top quality theres probably another 2 that either got worse or no better, AW's no genius in this department, it's the law of averages if you keep buying players in the bargain basement sooner or later you are going to unearth a gem, it's just that some like to forget all the failures that it took to get those gems.

Bergkamp-Genius

OneBardGooner wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Tevez according to the Citeh website has signed for them, so unless they want enough strikers to fill three teams i think we can assume Ade will not be going there.
Don't count on it mate - citeh and Hughes are intent on trying to do a chaski and have a bench load of starlets just to show how much wonga they've got.....

I hope we get the deal we need like Micah Richards coming to us + £22mill :D
Benjani---Bellamy--Santa Cruz--Jo--Caicedo--Tevez

These are all strikers they have signed recently and although i don't rate many of them, i can't see how Hughes can justify another one..... this has got to be the most ridiculous buying spree i have ever seen, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their purchases they seem to be just buying players for the sake of it.
Tbh i don't think Hughes has got a clue, if they do well it will be in spite of him not because of him, i just hope they don't get a decent manager there otherwise we will be in trouble.

I liked Richards and i wouldn't mind him coming to us but we still need a big bruiser at the back not another Kolo, if we are going to sell Ade and include a player swap then Milan and Flam is the deal that suits our needs best.

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

Summed up well Augie, but I'd still rather see what he does this season. There's always January if things didn't work out, although his value might drop. Fuck it anyway, it's not as if the funds will be spent. :evil: