we don't need to replace adebayor

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

we don't need to replace adebayor

Post by columoz »

when that piss bucket finally leaves us in favour of more money and not a beyonce like football club then i personally dont think we need to replae him. what with rvp,bendtner,eddie,arshavin,vela, walcot all able to play up top i think money would be better off else where to improve the squad

youngw

Post by youngw »

Leave it out. In most peoples starting XI if everyone was fit, Ade would start if Arshavin was on the left.

You cant sell a starter and not replace them. Look at last season

donaldo

Re: we don't need to replace adebayor

Post by donaldo »

columoz wrote:when that piss bucket finally leaves us in favour of more money and not a beyonce like football club then i personally dont think we need to replae him. what with rvp,bendtner,eddie,arshavin,vela, walcot all able to play up top i think money would be better off else where to improve the squad
RVP never scored more than 11 league goals in a season,Bendtner not good enough,Eduardo we still dont know if he can stay fit,everytime he played one game last season he was out for 3 weeks,Vela unknown quantity,Theo Unproven.
Yes we do need to buy a striker who can score 20 league goals.Huntelaar??
Last edited by donaldo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I would buy a pacy, but not small, striker to fill that gap cos all the other options do lack real pace :( Anyway youngw if the team was being picked properly then arshavin would be playing up front in the Bergkamp role and not wasted on the left wing so numbers wise we wont be actually losing a striker

youngw

Post by youngw »

But thats pretty much the role RVP plays? It would mean dropping RVP if you wanna put Arshavin in the Bergkamp role.

I think Huntelaar is close to a deal already with someone else

columoz

Post by columoz »

i would play arshavin in the bergkamp role. i do actually feel bendter can do well for us. hes scoring records good and his goals per min ratio was the best of all the strikers.eduardo could be ok after this pre season. i just worry if we use most of this money on a striker then there wont be enough for the key areas that need strengthening eg cm,def. and who would we get in to play up top???villa no chance, eto'o no chance, huntelar unproven. alfonso alves was top scorer in the dutch league!!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

youngw wrote:But thats pretty much the role RVP plays? It would mean dropping RVP if you wanna put Arshavin in the Bergkamp role.
Exactly.Thats why i said we shouldnt have given RVP a new contract.Arshavins best position is the Bergkamp role the role he played at Zenith.We will not see the very best of him stuck out on the left wing.

augie

Post by augie »

youngw wrote:But thats pretty much the role RVP plays? It would mean dropping RVP if you wanna put Arshavin in the Bergkamp role.

With all due respect mate there aint no comparison here - arshavin is an absolute quality player that plays at pace, has got a great shot on him and see's a pass like few others in the game. Van Persie is good but he aint arshavin good lets be honest

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

i would just love to see arshavin playing just ahead of cesc in the 10 role and the lesser spotted rosicky linking up with them + a pacey striker up top, dont think many defences would deal with that in full flow.

but would need a good stopper behind / next cesc, that we just dont have.

:cry:

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

augie wrote:

With all due respect mate there aint no comparison here - arshavin is an absolute quality player that plays at pace, has got a great shot on him and see's a pass like few others in the game. Van Persie is good but he aint arshavin good lets be honest
Eh what? You believe Arshavin is technically better than RvP?

aussiegoon

Post by aussiegoon »

Huntelaar is a superstar and a proven goalscorer.

augie

Post by augie »

tinpot lane wrote:
augie wrote:

Without a shadow of a doubt 8)

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Of course we do. Where is our intent on challenging for the title if we sell our first choice striker to a rival team??

If we don't get 30m or players in exchange we are being ripped off.
Santa Cruz and Glen Johnson were 18m ffs.

What will probably happen is we will get ripped off and buy some no nothing piece of crap like Chamakh and go into a TRANSITIONAL PERIOD again and have to rebuild for the 100th time.

hadareud

Post by hadareud »

augie wrote:Without a shadow of a doubt 8)
not even close.

I love Arshavin, but technically RVP is a class apart from the rest of every single other player on the team.

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

augie wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
augie wrote:

Without a shadow of a doubt 8)
:shock: I think his teamates would suggest otherwise.

Arshavin is probably the better player. But technically Robin is far superior