Clive Tyldesley does my head in

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
piresistible

Clive Tyldesley does my head in

Post by piresistible »

bloody spot on dude, i mean what games are these people watching.
some of the rubbish that Andy Townsend was coming out with was serious crap & if i saw him on the street would slap him one for talking such crap…i mean even the commentators were saying Celtic are playing much better than Arsenal – ummm what games were these guys watching? All Celtic did after 20mins or so was to up their pace which they had to and all we did was to contain that but they made it sound like as if they were already 2-2 – in a way im glad eddy dived and got the pen – shut the idiots up.

Dalgleish managed to tie himself in all sorts of verbal knots yesterday -
Nationalistic drivel about British/English players only starting to dive after ‘Johnny’ foreigner arrived (I believe Franny Lee used to give acting lessons in the box way back when)- Celtic playing better with the scoreline obviously not showing that and then having to say the difference in class showed Ughh!! either they were better than us or they were not and it was pretty obvious that we were better and controlled the game upping the tempo when we wanted to.

The rest of the so called analysis – —just makes me mad sitting here typing and thinking about it – Drivel (kinda like that word – sounds as it means – half arsed miserable crap!) – nuff said.

Looked to me like a dive but you win some and loose others – If they wish to start retrospective action on incidents like that they must warn all players well beforehand and then be consistent in their approach – will that be done who knows.

and yes Diving is despicable in football, whoever the culprit. However, what is surprising is that a dive from an Arsenal player (or lets say a non- English player) attracts so much criticism when a dive from the crown prince of English football (Rooney) is never even mentioned. Rooney dived blatantly against Arsenal to end the most magnificent of unbeaten runs. I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere with such venom. i don't see Rooney mentioned amongst the likes of Nistelrooy and Pires. I agree that diving is wrong, and should be considered cheating, but it's disgusting that after all the diving around by gerrard and rooney for their clubs, now they finally have an arsenal player clearly diving, all of a sudden its a big deal. Looks like its going to be another season of the media overreacting to everything negative about arsenal while turning a blind eye to the other teams. Don't they ever tire of this. More Johnny foreigner bashing. Will you be as scathing when Gerard or Rooney dive? I despair

Redexpress

Post by Redexpress »

I live in Ireland and, usually for European games, we have the choice of watching one of the local stations, which are by no means fantastic but still a hundred times less annoying than ITV.

You always get the feeling they are sitting with a list of cliches just waiting for the opportunity to use them. I seem to remember Paddy Power running bets on a match (possibly an all english CL match) where they had a list of possible cliches and odds on which one would be first to be read out on ITV. laughable.

re- Eduardos dive and subsequent charge, I cant complain. I think it is a bad side of the game, and its embarrasing when one of your own do it, especially a player with Eduardo's credibility. when Eboue does it it just makes me seethe!

dragongooner

tv commentators

Post by dragongooner »

I totally agree with the comments posted after the Celtic match regarding the commentary by the ITV 'team'. But I would go further and include the BBC (Lineker) and indeed Sky (Gray)when it comes to the anti-Arsenal bilge these people spew out every time we take the pitch. Is it me or am I being paranoid?

Every season I loathe the tv commentary on Arsenal matches and fail to see the need for their so called expert analysts. I no longer watch the pre-match rubbish that the pundits utter and I only wait after the match, to hear what Mr Wenger has to say, and even then, I'm surprised that Arsene hasn't 'lamped' the after-match interviewer before now. Especially that pratt that works for Sky, with his utterly stupid questions and sarcasm.

I am also sick to death of the sarcastic and tiresome digs at Arsene regarding the ' I didn't see it' jibes!! Cue anchor man's raised eyebrows and silly smirk. How long must we endure these idiots.

I have long held the view, that in this day and age with the availability of selecting matches using the 'red button' etc., why we cannot de-select the commentator and his sidekick? Why do we need a commentator?
We don't have one when we go to a match. There's no-one talking in my ear telling me endless ridiculous statistics that I have no interest in. So why should I have to listen to it whilst watching the TV.

I know you can turn the volume down, but that looses the atmosphere generated from the crowd noise. I would like to see an option for the commentator to be turned off but to keep the crowd noise on.
Why can't this be done? I would love to see the number of people who turn that buffoon Tyldesly off. A good percentage I bet.
What do other Gooners think?

Well, I've got that lot off my chest. Don't get me started on the media frenzy after the Eduardo 'crime of the century'. Is there no end to this madness. In the words ''bollocks to all them''.

Come on you GUNNERS !!!!

gareth roulton

Re: Clive Tyldesley does my head in

Post by gareth roulton »

I woz watchin a bit of the super cup final 2nite and saw Lionel Messi (voted europes best forward at champions league draw) headbutt a Shaktar player and itv's reaction woz minimal compared 2 the outrage of Eduardos dive v celtic. Thot that quite amusing compared the continual bleating by Tyldsley fuck me u wud think Eduardo woz the 1st ever player to take a dive!! These things go on every week in the premier league, wot about pedersens blant dive last season at home and not a player near him, media reaction laughed it off, no outrage!!
As a Rangers fan as well celtic are not immune 2 cheating themselves as Larsson, Hartson, Sutton, McGeady, Hesslelink and Nakamura have all been guilty of cheatin themselves so i find it hypocritical of their fans to complain of being hard done by in scottish press (Daily Record), doubt it's a case of what goes around comes around and they don't fuckin like it when it happens 2 them, ah well tough shit!!
piresistible wrote:bloody spot on dude, i mean what games are these people watching.
some of the rubbish that Andy Townsend was coming out with was serious crap & if i saw him on the street would slap him one for talking such crap…i mean even the commentators were saying Celtic are playing much better than Arsenal – ummm what games were these guys watching? All Celtic did after 20mins or so was to up their pace which they had to and all we did was to contain that but they made it sound like as if they were already 2-2 – in a way im glad eddy dived and got the pen – shut the idiots up.

Dalgleish managed to tie himself in all sorts of verbal knots yesterday -
Nationalistic drivel about British/English players only starting to dive after ‘Johnny’ foreigner arrived (I believe Franny Lee used to give acting lessons in the box way back when)- Celtic playing better with the scoreline obviously not showing that and then having to say the difference in class showed Ughh!! either they were better than us or they were not and it was pretty obvious that we were better and controlled the game upping the tempo when we wanted to.

The rest of the so called analysis – —just makes me mad sitting here typing and thinking about it – Drivel (kinda like that word – sounds as it means – half arsed miserable crap!) – nuff said.

Looked to me like a dive but you win some and loose others – If they wish to start retrospective action on incidents like that they must warn all players well beforehand and then be consistent in their approach – will that be done who knows.

and yes Diving is despicable in football, whoever the culprit. However, what is surprising is that a dive from an Arsenal player (or lets say a non- English player) attracts so much criticism when a dive from the crown prince of English football (Rooney) is never even mentioned. Rooney dived blatantly against Arsenal to end the most magnificent of unbeaten runs. I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere with such venom. i don't see Rooney mentioned amongst the likes of Nistelrooy and Pires. I agree that diving is wrong, and should be considered cheating, but it's disgusting that after all the diving around by gerrard and rooney for their clubs, now they finally have an arsenal player clearly diving, all of a sudden its a big deal. Looks like its going to be another season of the media overreacting to everything negative about arsenal while turning a blind eye to the other teams. Don't they ever tire of this. More Johnny foreigner bashing. Will you be as scathing when Gerard or Rooney dive? I despair