Who would you like to replace Wenger?When he goes,not sacked

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to replace Wenger?When he goes,not sacked

Hiddink
29%
Billic
14%
Sven
No votes
Mourinho
57%

Total votes: 28

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DanielD wrote:Where's Phil Brown?
In a tanning salon... looking at himself naked in a mirror... with a horn... :shock: :wink:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Given that I hope it will be some time before we have to face life without AW, there`s is time for plenty of candidates to come forward. Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira may grow into a coaching role. Others already mentioned will be that much older. Maureen would be my choice from the ones mentioned.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Hiddink :D 8)

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Red Snapper wrote:Given that I hope it will be some time before we have to face life without AW, there`s is time for plenty of candidates to come forward. Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira may grow into a coaching role. Others already mentioned will be that much older. Maureen would be my choice from the ones mentioned.
No ex players please.A couple of years ago Tony Adams was being touted as Wengers replacement.For a club the size of ours we should be looking for an experienced manager who has achieved success at the highest level.Hiddink,Mourinho and one name not on the list Rijkaard fit that bill

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
richpye wrote:
donaldo wrote:Mourinho or Hiddink.Both would make Arsenal a trophy winning team again
As long as someone backs them with £500 million cash???

I'm not sure anyone can truly replace Wenger but agreed with other posters on here. Need to get that person in as a No. 2 and learning the ropes so we can have a proper transition. Whilst I have nothing against Pat Rice, he won't be our next manager, will he???
Why will they have to backed up with cash? Both of them have won trophies and done well with little amounts of money
I wouldn't totally agree with that where Moron-hio is concerned. He is not like Wenger in that he cannot spot the diamond in the rough and develop the player into top quality. He spent mental money at the chavs and the success he had at Porto is relevent; they were the Manure of the Portugese league (the big club with the money), he inherited a decent enough squad (Baía, Postiga, Deco, Costinha, Alenichev, and Carvalho) and was given money to strengthen (Valente, Maniche, Ferreira, Emanuel, Jankauskas and Derlei).

At Inter he was given big money to bring in Milito, Motta, Eto'o (second most expensive transfer ever), Quaresma and Sneijder. Would he be given that type of money at Arsenal? Not likely.

Also the year he won the CL was probably the weakest CL ever, if we are honest...

Not saying he wouldn't be successful at Arsenal but I still think he wouldn't be successful with a tight budget - he is a buying manager and I don't believe we would give him the money to buy.

If he had the money to spend with us I think he would win trophies certainly.
I understand what youre saying but to call Porto a Man Utd is belittling their achievements somewhat..... The Portuguese league is a similar standard to Scotland and Rangers/Cetic are Man utd's of their league but they never come close to winning a major trophy outside of Scotland.
Also inheriting good players doesnt mean you will def. do well, there are many cases of good players not fullfilling potential and Mourinho seems to inspire players.

Id like him at Arsenal and i think he could get us winning trophies again but the board wont go for a loose cannon like him, someone who wont rock the boat will be installed as manager when Wenger goes

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I would have said David Moyes before this season, but I think his 'star' has fallen slightly this season, but given the frugal nature of this board, you could imagine that he would be towards the top of their wish list, as he has worked wonders at Everton on a near non-existent transfer budget.

To keep the continuity of the way we play I would go Dutch, with either a Van Basten/Bergkamp or Rijkard/Bergkamp management partnership with Bergkamp as number 2.

The list of candidates that have been suggested need to be widen IMO.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

after arsène wenger retires, i think we should hire arsène wenger as the manager.

and when he dies, well he won't die, he's immortal.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:after arsène wenger retires, i think we should hire arsène wenger as the manager.

I think we should hire the girl in your avatar's arse as manager. Who cares if it never wins anything... we could just gaze upon it's pert round magnificence at press conferences... mmmm.... yum yum... 8)

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:after arsène wenger retires, i think we should hire arsène wenger as the manager.

I think we should hire the girl in your avatar's arse as manager. Who cares if it never wins anything... we could just gaze upon it's pert round magnificence at press conferences... mmmm.... yum yum... 8)
good idea, db10! i'm sure all the players would work their socks of for the manager!!! or would it be work their underwear off?

Drone

Re: Who would you like to replace Wenger?When he goes,not sa

Post by Drone »

CelticTiger wrote:Im sure you's have already talked about this, but here goes lol
with the politcs we run as a club, i dont understand what mourinho does in that list, and also why Bergkamp is not on your list, he would be my prefered option, only with Arsene as Club Director

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Can;t believe the 'Sentamentalist' haven't come in with TA yet or have they woken up! :lol: :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Boomer wrote:Can;t believe the 'Sentamentalist' haven't come in with TA yet or have they woken up! :lol: :wink:
No they have moved on to Bergkamp :lol:

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Red Snapper wrote: Bergkamp
Never thought of him actually, i think he could be fantastic!

What is it with dutch gaffers eh? :)

augie

Post by augie »

Flash you know that I agree with 99% of what you say but your statement about celtic and rangers not coming close to winning a major trophy outside scotland is a bit flawed - I know that in the last couple of seasons the uefa cup has been seriously devalued but it still should be pointed out that rangers got to the final of it (and of course wrecked the shithole that is mancland in the process :wink: :lol: I would also point in that, in an even better acheivement, celtic reached the final of the old uefa cup in seville and narrowly lost to ? Yes it was moaninho's porto team who then went on to win the champs league the following season.

Anyway to the matter at hand and I would have to say that I agree with franksav and donaldo and opt for a dutch manager be it rijkard (my preference) or van basten. I honestly dont think that we have either the cash or the kudo's to attract a really top manager anymore as we would def be seen as a team that is lacking quality and money :(

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The Special One for me!! Although I'd be very happys with Guus Hiddink as well. 8) :lol: :wink: