AZ Alkmaar champions league

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
eccles

Post by eccles »

spose tomas has been playing a lot recently what with two internationals. hopefully it's just a niggle cos he's made a real difference since he's been back.

BT

Post by BT »

Rosicky out? With what...? :cry:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

BT wrote:Rosicky out? With what...? :cry:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -ruled-out

Tomas Rosicky has also been ruled out of Tuesday's game with a knee problem but Wenger expects him to be fit in "a few days". However Gael Clichy has been passed fit after an ankle injury.

BT

Post by BT »

Thanks Bas. I like that even arse.com put Wenger's "a few days" in speech marks... :roll:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

hopefully its just a knock, or maybe AW is just protecting him and giving him a rest. need to keep TR7 intact. hes been class of late

jensenscores

Post by jensenscores »

A few match previews here and here,

Hopefully Rosicky's knock is only minor and the are just being overcautious, here no point taking any risks with him.

I think this will be a similar match to the Liege one against a team strong at home (they have only lost one home Euro game in 30+ games apparently)

Its all about getting the points at this stage so I would take a scrappy 1-0 - and all our players returning home un-injured!
Last edited by jensenscores on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

--------------Almunia--------------------

Sagna---Gallas---Vermalen----Clichy

-----Song----Fab----Diaby--------------

-----Eboue----Rvp---Arshavin----------

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

actually prob swap Eboue for Nic B, depending how defence minded Wenger is feeling

Gunner19

Post by Gunner19 »

Goonanana wrote:actually prob swap Eboue for Nic B, depending how defence minded Wenger is feeling
Nick is not in the group for this game...still injured!!

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

vela is in the squad, though i doubt there's much chance of him being picked ahead of eboue as the third man in attack :banghead:

wilshere to start? :lol:

Redexpress

Post by Redexpress »

It's okay saying you'll be happy with a draw, but when you are watching the match you will only be really happy with a win!

Wont get to see the game tonight, but only substandard highlights. Shame ATVO cant show highlights earlier.

come on you reds.........

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

I hate Eboue :x Right-back, left-back, defensive midfielder, right winger, second forward :roll:

According to this site, he can also play as a goalkeeper.

http://playthegame.timesonline.co.uk/so ... yer=346191

I hope Wenger doesn't go on this site :banghead:

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

khalid_red wrote:I hate Eboue :x Right-back, left-back, defensive midfielder, right winger, second forward :roll:

to be fair eboue has turned his game around, he's nowhere near as poor as he used to be and he looks like he works hard now where as before he was like adebeyor. lazy and useless.

If he works on his decision making and passing he could actually be classed as a good asset to our team imo.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:
khalid_red wrote:I hate Eboue :x Right-back, left-back, defensive midfielder, right winger, second forward :roll:

to be fair eboue has turned his game around, he's nowhere near as poor as he used to be and he looks like he works hard now where as before he was like adebeyor. lazy and useless.

If he works on his decision making and passing he could actually be classed as a good asset to our team imo.
I agree and to say the truth, I don't mind Eboue at right-back and that is that. What annoys me is seeing Eboue's name anywhere on team sheet but the second row :roll: Why does he play at a position that Messi occupies for Barcelona? Wenger can stick Arshavin on the right and bring Vela onto the left, that way we'll have a proper forward three. Playing Diaby or Eboue up front doesn't count as a proper 4-3-3 formation.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

AZ v Arsenal line-ups:

AZ: Romero, Moisander, Jaliens, Moreno, Poulsen, Holman, Mendes Da Silva, Schaars, Martens, El Hamdaoui, Dembele.
Subs: Didulica, Lens, Klavan, Wernbloom, Van der Velden, Swerts, Pelle.

Arsenal: Mannone, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song Billong, Eboue, Fabregas, Diaby, Arshavin, van Persie.
Subs: Almunia, Vela, Ramsey, Silvestre, Wilshere, Gibbs, Merida.

Referee: Martin Hansson (Sweden).
Last edited by g88ner on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.