Burnley v Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

goonersid wrote:Something I've noticed about Burnley is their willingness to have a shot from distance, so this will be a big worry with awful Al likely to be in goal. Lets face it if an attempt is a yard either side of him, then it's likely to end up in the back of the net. :roll:
I actually think that Almunia is a good shot stopper. Its other parts of his game that perhaps let him down.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

thatgooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:Something I've noticed about Burnley is their willingness to have a shot from distance, so this will be a big worry with awful Al likely to be in goal. Lets face it if an attempt is a yard either side of him, then it's likely to end up in the back of the net. :roll:
I actually think that Almunia is a good shot stopper. Its other parts of his game that perhaps let him down.

He used to be quite agile but that essential requirement for a keeper has also deserted him in the last 18 months, eg Giggs freekick clge, the recent late goal against Alkamar, to name but a few.
He is now basically the worst keeper in the premier league.

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

goonersid wrote:
thatgooner wrote:

He used to be quite agile but that essential requirement for a keeper has also deserted him in the last 18 months, eg Giggs freekick clge, the recent late goal against Alkamar, to name but a few.
He's deffinately not the best in the league, but Im not sure id say he's the worst. When Foster plays for Man U he's utter shit!

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

goonersid wrote:
thatgooner wrote:

Excellent I voting for AA being great bloody laugh, we probaly win.

With my great friend Almunia in goal, GOD only knows what shit will happen.>>>> :cry: :x

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

bergkamp10 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
thatgooner wrote:

Excellent I voting for AA being great bloody laugh, we probaly win.

With my great friend Almunia in goal, GOD only knows what shit will happen.>>>> :cry: :x
:?

Rob

Post by Rob »

I sincerely hope Ramsey starts.

He won't of course....... :roll:

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

DENILSON IS OUT WITH A BACK PROBLEM 8)

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

More importantly Traore is out! :banghead: :banghead: So tweety at LB. :speechless: :speechless:

Exiled in Cornwall

Post by Exiled in Cornwall »

Chippy wrote:More importantly Traore is out! :banghead: :banghead: So tweety at LB. :speechless: :speechless:
From the injury news site on official site:
Gael Clichy
November 23
Gael is expected to return to fitness within the next three weeks according to Arsène Wenger. "Clichy is not too far, I think two to three weeks," said the manager. The defender has a back injury.
That was 3 weeks and two days ago, so anyone holding their breath for Gael playing. Why don't they update the site when the expected return date comes and goes?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

mainly because when they say 2-3 weeks it turns out to be 6-8 weeks!!
Like, decision making, distribution, coming out for crosses, positioning, commanding the back 4........

So basically he's shit then! :roll: :lol:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:To follow on from my great prediction that i couldn't see us beating Liverpool on Sunday :duh: ...

I think we will beat Burnley quite easily, i don't think they are capable of dealing with our quick passing game, assuming we actually turn up with our quick passing game that is.
So at the risk of jinxing us.. 2-0 or 3-1 to us....and Theo to score and have a good game :shock:
I was agreeing with your post till you mentioned Bambi haing a good game. I hope he does but I wouldn't bet on it, just hope we go for it from the kick off and not at half time or when we are already a goal down.

Regardless, they play a decent game of football and not just long ball and aggressive tactics. We should be able to cope with that.
Fingers X'd a belter from the russian dynamo early doors and then we pick them off on counter attacks. :barscarf: :barscarf:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Draw at best

:lol:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Id like to see Eboue at left-back (as he did at pompey last year) - as at least he can get up and down the wing, Mikel is an ok defender but purely a squad player and I think he will invite them onto us a bit.

Burnley are a good side and play good football, going to be a tough game - but if this team is to do anything this season these are the games we need to win - no matter how, il take 0-1 with a flukey OG!

Cmon Arsenal :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I am getting so disillusioned with wenger over his blinding loyalty to average al :cry: Is it a case of no matter how shit the guy plays he is still considered better than the other options and if so what does that say to the other keepers ? How is that line of thought consistant with wenger not wishing to "kill" his young players development ? Man is full of shit :roll: :evil:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

augie wrote:I am getting so disillusioned with wenger over his blinding loyalty to average al :cry: Is it a case of no matter how shit the guy plays he is still considered better than the other options and if so what does that say to the other keepers ? How is that line of thought consistant with wenger not wishing to "kill" his young players development ? Man is full of shit :roll: :evil:
i think that the problem is the fact that almunia is the less terrible goalkeeper we have in our squad right now. considering that, the best thing to do is try to boost his morale as much as possible until you can buy a new keeper and dump him. meanwhile, it won't help us to take the little confidence he has away from him.

however, all that goes to the garbage if we don't sign a new keeper asap... i cannot believe that wenger may be thinking that almunia is good enough.