Buddy, can you spare me an Arsenal ticket? (Dec 8)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

I can certainly sympathise with this chap. I was a financially strapped student for a few years and I remedied this by being an away fan. Actually, I found this very easy, cheap and convenient as I lived in M*anchester. Apart from the abuse at the station of course!

Away tickets are much easier to get with travel club membership, you can earn those points and even get to the exciting games against the likes of Manc Untied and Chavski.

When I started going to Highbury more, although the history was great I was actually very disappointed by the lack of noise. Travelling gooners make a racket so I found it to be a fantastic way to support the Arsenal.

Cheers,

Lisa

P.S. I also used a 'sold out event' agency for CL Final ticket - f*cking robbing scum. I would never use them for a 'normal' game though.

dennis_10

travel club

Post by dennis_10 »

hi lisa,

I'm a red member aswell, and have at least been to the grove this season unlike this poor chap. it's all about timing on the website, tricky but quite possible.

Do you have to be a member of the travel club to get away credits, or is it just about the coach arrangements? I would love to get on the road, but driving to middlesborough from london isn't exactly cheap, so the train might be best option. The coach deals do look quite cheap, so I'm really thinking about this. And I can take the abuse!

thanks,
Farhan

The Final Salute

Post by The Final Salute »

I don't quite understand what the guy is complaining about.

He may be just a red member, but all home games this season even the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd have gone on sale to red members. Okay they may be at high prices like £66 or something but they are still available to red members.

Surely this route is less costly and far more trustworthy than online ticket shops. Just check the clubs website for ticket information more regularly, I am a gold member but a mate of mine is a red member and has been to every home games this season.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I cannot understand why you're having problems, the only reason i can see is that you can't be bothered to keep checking the Arsenal online box office, I'm fortunate enough to have a season ticket but mates of mine who are red members get to almost every game. I've just been reading the members forum on the official website and there's red members who've been buying Arsenal-Portsmouth returned tickets just a couple of days ago. These tickets won't fall in your lap mate, pick the phone up the morning they go on sale to red members and check the official website for returns.
Last edited by goonermc on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisa_gooner

Re: travel club

Post by lisa_gooner »

dennis_10 wrote:hi lisa,

Do you have to be a member of the travel club to get away credits, or is it just about the coach arrangements?
thanks,
Farhan
Hi Farhan,

The main point of the Travel Club for me was to buy the tickets, otherwise you have to be a Silver or Gold member. Hur Hur Goldmember. Anyway, if you buy a ticket through the travel club then you have to option to go on the coaches from Ashburton to the away ground by coach. This costs extra, but is cheaper than the train.

Enjoy the Arse

Lisa

BIG RADDY

Ticket For my Buddy???

Post by BIG RADDY »

You had me close to tears reading your plight for tickets.
Not been to Ash B yet? Well being a fellow Hampshire Gooner, try giving these guys a try www.arsenalhampshire.com

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Guys, out of interest are there typically no cheaper Red member tickets than £66 left available? I'm a season ticket holder so don't usually have the need to check ticket info at Arsenal.com. However the good lady wife is a Red member and likes to accompany me from time to time to stair lovingly at young Cesc for 90mins (that's right we don't leave early!) I've always assumed there are no Red member tickets left but it would appear this is a foolish assumption???

mikenorthbank

From the article writer

Post by mikenorthbank »

Thanks for all your comments folks, I've had a lot of people get in touch with me and I now have some gooner friends that can help . I have a ticket now :P !!!!! and great contacts. I have joined the Hampshire Arsenal supporters, and would recommend to other Gooners that they join their local supporters association if they are outside London, like I am now.

Many thanks to Kevin Witcher for passing e-mails on to me ....... top man, and much appreciated.

The one thing that no-one picked up on in the article though was, with an extra 12,000 tickets available, and tickets avail at 'sold out ticket sites' , I wonder how the cake is cut ticketwise ?

Tell yu what, it will be interesting to see home Carling Cup games sold out !

gooner.ed
Site Admin

tickets for sold out games on web...

Post by gooner.ed »

Thomas Cook apparently get some tickets for home matches as part of a deal they have cut with the club to provide package (incl travel and hotel) deals including a match ticket. When the travel packages don't sell out they can sell their unsold tickets at inflated prices with club's blessing. Maybe they pay more for them in the first place, I don't know.

Any other ticket broker offering tickets will be acquiring them through ticket touts themselves. Buyers may often find they are given a mobile phone number and instructed to meet the 'agent' (i.e. tout) of the broker on the afternoon off the game after the tout has sourced a spare ticket/members card on the day outsdie the stadium. Law is changing soon and the 'tout' online ticket brokers will find it more difficult to operate as far as football matches go.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Mike, glad to hear you've been sorted mate. Hope you enjoy your day in the new ground. Have a look around with 5 minutes to go and you'll be amazed how many people are heading for the exits, it don't matter what the score is either, 0-0,1-1, or 3-0 against the spuds. Apparently though, they get home about 3 days earlier than they would have done if they had stayed to clap the lads for the effort they put in.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

I have met some of the Hampshire supporters club and they are lovely people.

Glad you got a ticket mate.

I managed to get my cousin a seat for Watford at home. This was about 11am on the day they went on sale to red members.

Irish_Gooner

Post by Irish_Gooner »

I can totally relate to this guys letter. I'm also a red member and although I was at the Bergkamp testimonial I have being dying to go to a premiership home game this season and have found it almost impossible.
I have now gotten a ticket to see Charlton on Jan 2nd so am happy enough with that.

The problem for me is I'm from Dublin so I have to fly over which can cost anywhere from 100-200 euro, but it's well worth it, I can't wait.