The death of the Red Card

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

The death of the Red Card

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

it was a long drawn out saga..

The papers having the calculators out...

"its the 45th red card in Wengers reign"

"Thats the 58th red card for Arsenal under Wenger"

"Dirty Vieira sent off again"

"Keown pole axes the forward"

"Bergkamp knocks Lomas' head off"

The days when we went down to ten men and fought like dogs. The snap, the snarl, the bite, the fight...

Yesterday.....Song is booked....i want him to go hell fo rleather......but he pussied out....that YELLOW card yesterday killed the midfield...that Scottish mong Fletcher took the piss ...and we watched out pussies in midfield bottle it.

I want us to start getting dirty, roll up the sleeves and show some fight.....but these arseholes INCLUDING our Captain, need to start digging in during these hard fought match ups....

The red cards have dried up.....the days of 5 or 6 or 9 a season are over....we rarely have a red....the last one i remember was at the scum the season before last. Have we had anything since?

I want red cards....with the passion, the fight, the desire,.....not the garbage we got yesterday.....i want Fergie spitting chips because we nobbled his precious Scholes.....i want that ginger fucker put into the advertising boards.....i want Fletcher decked, i want the Man utd players coming off that pitch bruised, cut and holding injuries.....yeah yeah you guys will say we dont want that....but bollocks.....red cards mean fight ot me from the old days...that attitude was the one i want....roll the sleeves up and fight.....fight for the shirt, fight for the cannon, fight for the Arsenal.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

I want us to do many things of old but it aint going to happen. :banghead:

lagerisgood1981

Post by lagerisgood1981 »

GunnerDude wrote:I want us to do many things of old but it aint going to happen. :banghead:
Agreed ....

Have more than 1 World Class player would be a start

RaM

Post by RaM »

It'd be good to see alright. :cry:

I miss Van Persie being an angry young guy too...

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

Rooney should of been fouled before he could lay the ball off to nani for the second goal, Fletcher would of made the foul, essien and mikel would of made the foul, macherano would of made the foul, palacios would of made the foul. We dont have that nasty player in our team anymore since flamini left.

We are too nice.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

I was thinking about this yesterday as it goes...not just regarding us but in the premiership in general, it definitely seems that there has been less red cards dished out so far this season, the refs seem to be a lot more lenient than the last few seasons, i would like to see the stats if anyone knows them ...

AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:I was thinking about this yesterday as it goes...not just regarding us but in the premiership in general, it definitely seems that there has been less red cards dished out so far this season, the refs seem to be a lot more lenient than the last few seasons, i would like to see the stats if anyone knows them ...
38 red cards this season so far, suprisingly were the only team with 0. There were a total of 73 red cards last season and 62 the previous season..

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I dread to think what would happen if this current team went down to 10 or even 9 players, but then again, we're virtually playing with 10 men anyway, by the continued presence of Denilson in the starting line-up. :?

digger

Post by digger »

I love it when we get players sent off. Ljungberg getting sent off, flipping the bird at everyone, then booting a hole in the dressing room door was brilliant. Vieira smashing the fuck out of the other team, then having to be restrained to stop him maiming the referee, priceless. Even 10 men stepping up and the crowd going ballistic when A******r was sent off was excellent against Liverpool last season. Namby pampby players standing off and letting the opposition take the piss is sickening. When's the last time one of our player eyeballed an opponent and refused to back down? I'm guessing it was Van Persie, but it feels like even that was ages ago

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

AFCWozza wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:I was thinking about this yesterday as it goes...not just regarding us but in the premiership in general, it definitely seems that there has been less red cards dished out so far this season, the refs seem to be a lot more lenient than the last few seasons, i would like to see the stats if anyone knows them ...
38 red cards this season so far, suprisingly were the only team with 0. There were a total of 73 red cards last season and 62 the previous season..

Cheers...38 is more than i had thought.. i've obviously been watching too many United games, that's probably why i thought the refs were being overly lenient :wink:

jensenscores

Post by jensenscores »

Howard Webb was very lenient in the Sunderland game tonight, letting a player off with a yellow depsite him booting a player up the arse!

As for the Gunners the red card stats shows the drop in aggression we have in midfield, we lack a real spine of quality and leadership, stick the likes of Arshavin RvP and song around a spine o Gallas/Vieiria/Henry and we would be ok.

We lack one or two big name big game players.

potter

Post by potter »

When Nani went down , rolled around, got Song booked I thought go on Clichy next time he's receiving it near the line just put him in the first row. But no, obviously the ghost of Sansom and Winterburn wasn't out there.
Even Billy McCullough would have had a go, probably would have missed but would have tried.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

potter wrote:When Nani went down , rolled around, got Song booked I thought go on Clichy next time he's receiving it near the line just put him in the first row. But no, obviously the ghost of Sansom and Winterburn wasn't out there.
Even Billy McCullough would have had a go, probably would have missed but would have tried.
Definitely. After that twat rolled around like some sniper had shot him in the leg then got up and sprinted after the next pass to him, I thought the same. Give the *word censored* a good hard kicking next time he gets the ball. Instead we let him pony around and we paid the price

Block91Broox

Post by Block91Broox »

Here is a question though:

Why is it that every game the opposition make 5-6 fouls then Song makes one and gets booked?

I agree that we need harder players but what is the point when they get booked for nothing by cheating crunt refs?

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I just want to see something like one of our over paid nancy boys go through and really and i mean really hurt an opposing player, i have watched over the last few seasons many of our players getting seriously injured because someone has come through them....i want something like that from us...some bottle, some drive, some heart and i want my team to hated again....i want opposing fans to boo us and bay for our blood, i hate the nancy boy attitude we have now.....

time to roll the sleeves up and get dirty....like fuck they will