Thankyou Mr.Wenger

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The same thread could have appeared on a Forest forum about Clough in '92.... Now im not saying Wenger will get us relegated but sometimes you can stay somewhere too long. That happened with Clough and personally i think this is happening now

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

As angry as I am that we didn't spend the money we allegedly have, and that players like Denilson and Almunia are being persisted with, I honestly believe the club remains constrained by its debt. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City are all living a very precarious existence. Likely another rich fcuker will come in and takeover when the last one has had enough, but just as likely people will realise Sky have created a huge bubble and the Premiership is as over-valued as the banks were and our property market is. It simply cannot go on like this forever.

The policy will bear fruit eventually. Ticket prices are extortionate and Wenger is rewarding mediocre players with huge contracts. But I'm confident he can turn things around.

Those of you 'sensing the end' will be waiting a long time, cos Wenger is going nowhere til he's seen the project through. Whether that's by admitting at the end it didn't work, or whether it's by proving this team is as good as he says it is; he'll do it. He's not the perennial winner Fergie or Mourinho are because he doesn't believe in winning at all costs. But he is a winner. He won't quit this club til we have the champions league. I just pray that it comes before the chavs do it.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

flash gunner wrote:The same thread could have appeared on a Forest forum about Clough in '92.... Now im not saying Wenger will get us relegated but sometimes you can stay somewhere too long. That happened with Clough and personally i think this is happening now
If you honestly believe we will be anywhere being relegated at any time in the next 20 years, you have no idea about modern football. Forest went down just as the Premier was becoming big i.e. just the wrong time. Money played very little part back then. The money this club makes will ensure we're up there. The only possible way our top flight existence could be threatened is if every club got taken over by a Mansour/Abramovich, which simply won't happen in my opinion.

Then again if you think internet fans' forums existed in 1992 you could conceivably believe anything.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

hatemanu99 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:The same thread could have appeared on a Forest forum about Clough in '92.... Now im not saying Wenger will get us relegated but sometimes you can stay somewhere too long. That happened with Clough and personally i think this is happening now
If you honestly believe we will be anywhere being relegated at any time in the next 20 years, you have no idea about modern football. Forest went down just as the Premier was becoming big i.e. just the wrong time. Money played very little part back then. The money this club makes will ensure we're up there. The only possible way our top flight existence could be threatened is if every club got taken over by a Mansour/Abramovich, which simply won't happen in my opinion.

Then again if you think internet fans' forums existed in 1992 you could conceivably believe anything.
Firstly i said Wenger wont get us relegated read my post!!!!!! :banghead:

Secondly i said this could have been on a Forest forum ie wasnt but could have been :banghead: :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

So, apart from aquaducts, the education system, the sewers etc etc etc.

What have The Romans ever done for us? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

flash gunner wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:

Secondly i said this could have been on a Forest forum ie wasnt but could have been :banghead: :banghead:
So what is your point? That Wenger has been here too long and what? We won't ever win anything again?

augie

Post by augie »

We cant and wont win anything again if wenger cant or wont see players like almunia for what they are.......shit :evil: :evil: :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

hatemanu99 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:

So what is your point? That Wenger has been here too long and what? We won't ever win anything again?
Yep well worked out :roll:

Read my first post again but remember this time i wrote Wenger WONT get us relegated and it COULD have been on a Forest forum (not that it was) :banghead: remember also i said i think he has been here too long :roll:

denhaaggooner

Post by denhaaggooner »

I appreciate everything Wenger has done for this club and i too am getting a bit fed up with SOME of this team but i really believe with a bit of tweaking here and there we could have the team we all want plus if we lose wenger who will replace him and would that new person keep the ship as steady as wenger ? I would hate to go on the manager merrygoround like some clubs (spuds) and waste all the money we may have and put the club in jeapordy sometimes it really is Better the devil you know ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I just wish Wenger would fuck off and manage Chavski, Moan Ure etc etc. The man is a dinosaur with no comprehension of what is required to bring success to Arsenal. He is not capable of changing tactics to win a game, he is not capable of being ruthless enough to rid our club of the dreadful dead wood we have acquired under him, he is not capable of moving Arsenal up a level, he is not capable of admitting he has got it wrong...badly, over the last few years.

If Arsenal fail to reach the CL in the next few years (quite a possibility) then we will be somewhere around £40m worse off. Couple that with the inevitable drop in attendances and merchandising etc that goes with it, Arsenal will be making a substantial loss. That will lead to cuts in wages etc and that will mean either raising ticket prices further or looking at a more realistic target for the club - Europa league?
There is no excuse for continually selling our better players, retaining and rewarding below standard or injury prone players and not re-investing in quality players. That is a business model that CANNOT succeed in todays football, like it or not. You either move with the times or get left behind. We started to move.....with the Emirates, but have since gone backwards, you cannot sell out a 60,000 stadium charging the highest average prices in the world, when you're putting half a team of dross on the pitch. Something has to change at Arsenal and it's either the squad, the manager, or both.
Last edited by TeeCee on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flash gunner

Re: Thankyou Mr.Wenger

Post by flash gunner »

piresistible wrote: DELETED BY MOD FOR PLAGARISM
:coffeespit: Come on Ramon you can do better than that, silly boy :roll:

Nicked off of this website by Dampatti http://worldofarsenal.co.uk/

Someone ban Ramon/piresistable now?
Last edited by flash gunner on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Re: Thankyou Mr.Wenger

Post by goonersid »

piresistible wrote:
Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:For....

Constructing some of the best Arsenal squads in the history of the club

Introducing advanced methods of training and diet to our club

Teaching the team to play ther best football Arsenal have ever whitnessed

Signing the clubs all time record goalscorer

Going 49 games unbeaten and breaking a 100 odd year old record

Winning the Premiership 3 times

Wnning the FA Cup 4 times

Taking the club to its first ever Champions league final

Orchestrating a move to a brand new 60,000 capacity stadium

Keeping the morals of the club in tact

Staying with us even though constantly being wanted by club and national teams

Not putting the future of the club at risk by wasting money the club doesnt have

Wenger has took an awful lot of stick this week, the amount of negative threads is getting silly...thought it was time to have a look at what he has actually done for us...i have highlighted but a few of them! lay off the bloke... he is a genius and all the while he wants to be at Arsenal im happy to have him!
Thing that upsets me most about Arsenal is the amount of total & utter tossers that claim to be Gooners.
We have done brilliant this season even if the best we do is just retain our top4 status.
Had Rooney been injured in November & out for the rest of the season & Berbatov injured at the same time & only coming back now do these idiots honestly think ManU would be where they are in the table now – would they fuck!
Had Drogba been injured in Nov & out for the rest of the season & Anelka injured at the same time & only coming back now would Chelsea be where they are – no fuckn chance!
Admittadly, ManU have done very well considering their 2 best CB’s have been out injured for a while but losing CB’s is not like losing your 2 best goalscorers.
Our problems have been confounded by the fact our 3rd striker had a horrific injury & has struggled to recover his best form.
To be where we are is an exceptional achievment.
I just wish the Wenger haters would fuck off & support Manure/Chelski/Shiteh.
Yes I do think they would still be up there, and were they not, then the manager would address the situation by spending some fucking money.

augie

Post by augie »

Ramon why dont you just fcuk off with yourself :awnker:

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Can Wenger go to another club and have this much time yes but not at the big boys Real Madrid, Inter, The Chavs, Utd, Barca even Boca Juniors would have sacked him by now.

Besides Chelsea fans, the day Utd, Real e.t.c fans say
Swale_Gooner1985 wrote: I dont see winning something as the be all and end all mate, people keep on...'we must win something this season' Why? will the stadium fall down if we dont? no we will try again next year!
Then surely that day we will all be in heaven were we play football and dont keep score.(one of my many thoughts on what heaven is like :lol: )

Real Madrid are the club of the century for one reason only and that is ambition and all we ask is for a fraction of their success or is that too much?

With success one day a player linked with us will say “Arsenal have always been a dream of mine and the Gunners are, along with Real Madrid, the history of football.â€
Last edited by GunnerDude on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Wonder if Peter Hill-Wood would ever say
"Sooner or later Cesc will end up coming back," Godall said in The Sun.
"We are a club that can sign players because we are respected and solvent."
:roll: