Letter to Mr Gazidis

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hatemanu99

Letter to Mr Gazidis

Post by hatemanu99 »

Guys I am considering (for what it's worth) sending this letter to Ivan in the perhaps forlorn hope of a cogent response. I actually wrote it last Monday but it seems even more pertinent now. I'd appreciate any comments on the content or also anything I've missed:

Dear Mr Gazidis

Re: the future of Arsenal and the feasibility of the self-sustaining business model

It is with huge sadness that I write to you, on behalf of Arsenal fans everywhere, to question the current policy of the Board with respect to the above. In the aftermath of the games against Manchester United and Chelsea, it has become apparent that the team will again be incapable of challenging for major honours.

There are a number of concerns the fans have and the following analysis attempts to cover the major concerns in a way I believe cannot be conveyed through existing channels or forums (i.e. at home games or shareholder/Arsenal Supporters’ Trust meetings etc.) because of time constraints or logistics.

Mr Wenger has in the past alluded to the fact that there exist a number of different types of person who attend football matches: namely “customersâ€

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

excellent letter, send it!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Well one thing is for certain. If you don't send it you definitely will not get a response. So send it, who knows what will happen.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

He"ll bin it.

digger

Post by digger »

Send it, via snail mail. Make sure it's sent as Special Delivery and marked "To be opened by Addressee only". When is the next open board meeting? I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of angry supporters and a very uncomfortable Mr Wenger

rolypoly

Post by rolypoly »

dont send until you have your facts right otherwise inaccuracy will deflect from the merits of your arguments- not thati am suggesting i agree with all you write.

you say season ticket used to cover all matches. for as long as i can remember and i go back to the standing season ticket era, arsenal always inc 1st seven cup gamesin season ticket which pre champions league was normally more than enough with rebate for unused cup tickets.

only difference nowadays is mickey mouse cup is not inc as part of the seven which is good and fair.

if anyone knows differently do correct me.

a minor point but best to get it right. its the lawyer in me.

NBM

Post by NBM »

You've had a lawyer in you? :wink:

Roly is indeed correct, 7 cup games on the season ticket, kiddy cup no longer covered.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Good for you. A well constructed, articulate and passionate letter which merits, no demands, a response. :evil:

GunnerGlory

Post by GunnerGlory »

Should definately send this, would be interesting to hear the response.

How can they justify min ticket prices of just under £50 for category A games (including West Ham) lol :roll:

I cannot afford these games - as a Red Member the cheapest ticket to be found for Cat A is usually £63!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

digger

Post by digger »

GunnerGlory wrote:I cannot afford these games - as a Red Member the cheapest ticket to be found for Cat A is usually £63!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
And if Wenger's quote on the website reads correctly, the team go out on these Cat A games knowing they have no chance of winning :banghead: :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

rolypoly wrote:dont send until you have your facts right otherwise inaccuracy will deflect from the merits of your arguments- not thati am suggesting i agree with all you write.

you say season ticket used to cover all matches. for as long as i can remember and i go back to the standing season ticket era, arsenal always inc 1st seven cup gamesin season ticket which pre champions league was normally more than enough with rebate for unused cup tickets.

only difference nowadays is mickey mouse cup is not inc as part of the seven which is good and fair.

if anyone knows differently do correct me.

a minor point but best to get it right. its the lawyer in me.
Blimey roly, I can remember when it used to cover reserve team games too. You are right what you say though, if your facts are at all wrong then you lose all credibility.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

GunnerGlory wrote:How can they justify min ticket prices of just under £50 for category A games (including West Ham) lol :roll:
Yep, its a pisstake especially when Manure's most expensive ticket is £49, almost half the price of ours :evil:

Almost as bad as paying £100 for a ticket & travel to Stoke the other week, only for Wenger to then openly admit that he's actually not interested in winning the FA Cup.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

can you also ask him to ACTUALLY play the 1st tean in cc games AND fa cup games in future coz the managers NOW taking the piss.

Post by 1989 »

mrgnu1958 wrote:He"ll bin it.
This.

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

Great letter mate, personally I doubt it'll even make it to Ivans desk, but i hope it does after you've taken the time to write such a letter.