Wenger should resign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Paranoia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

naivety

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/naivety

a few days after manure thrashes us in the league at the grove a manc comes here saying he loves us and hopes wenger walks. he loves the arsenal and is simply "curious" about other teams supporters.

i'm embarassed by you, flashie :oops:
You need to grow up BG, there are bigger things in life to get angry about than a united fan (who in my opinion doesnt wind up) on here...

His post here is a lot of what other gooners have already written having said that im not sure he should have written a thread on it. Whats the big deal? I dont know your background but there are so many things to be angry/sad about in life this isnt one of them

The quote on my previous post is embarrassing

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

Get your tin foil hats on lads. :oops:

"He plays games as Arsenal" :worried:

"he's creepy" :worried:

"he leaves or i do" :worried:

im embarrassed by it all :oops:
It's nothing about paranoia flash. I don't mind Mono at all on the forum. But the persons who calls for Arsene's head better be on my team or one of my friends. Mono has certainly not been here long enough, neither has he shared enough with other members on here, to have the right to say anything about what wenger should do.

I have said nothing aggressive to mono up until now, and I read his posts before and seen some good points. But I still maintain that on this very own subject, he should mind his own business.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

FrenchGun wrote:

It's nothing about paranoia flash. I don't mind Mono at all on the forum. But the persons who calls for Arsene's head better be on my team or one of my friends. Mono has certainly not been here long enough, neither has he shared enough with other members on here, to have the right to say anything about what wenger should do.

I have said nothing aggressive to mono up until now, and I read his posts before and seen some good points. But I still maintain that on this very own subject, he should mind his own business.
I actually agree with that..... but the replies to him that i quoted are ridiculous.....

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

flash gunner wrote:
FrenchGun wrote:

I actually agree with that..... but the replies to him that i quoted are ridiculous.....

As I've said previously I think some of us have been quite harsh on him since he arrived. But then again you don't go on an arsenal forum, specially at the moment, if you don't want to get some stick.

I think he likes getting a bit of stick from us. :oops: :lol:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Seconded :oops:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

flash gunner wrote: You need to grow up BG,
of course i need! i'm fucking 5ft 5in !!!! :lol: :lol:
flash gunner wrote: there are bigger things in life to get angry about than a united fan
of course there are, however there are already too many threads about manuel almunia here and i don't want to bother you with the problems of the third world, mate :wink:
flash gunner wrote: His post here is a lot of what other gooners have already written
that's the difference. gooners. manc. see? i can accept augie saying wenger has to go. he is a gooner, deep in his heart. like yourself.
flash gunner wrote: having said that im not sure he should have written a thread on it.

see? 8)

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Monostich wrote:
clockendal wrote:
clockendal wrote:Is that your idea of laying low ?

You've clearly been reading all the articles on this forum for the past couple of weeks.

There are plenty of threads discussing the current situation at Arsenal and plenty of high emotion regarding the situation.

For someone who claims that he is not on a wind up, could you not have gauged the mood and opinion of Arsenal fans on here based on the numerous threads that currently exist ?

Instead you have to create a new one to create more tension on here.

You are well aware that some people think you are out to wind us up.

Your "oh I am a mature fan who cares about your opinions..." act is wearing a bit thin now mate.

In another post you have said "Well if the mods don't like me they will ban me"

Well I don't like you, nothing personal as I don't know you. But I do beleive your intentions on here are to wind people up.

There is enough debate internally amongst Arsenal fans without other fans igniting the debate.

Mods, I would suggest that one of you has a conversation with Mono as to his intentions, as in my opinon they are not as he states.

Thanks
Mono,

please can you respond to this post

Thanks
What is the point in me replying to anyone or giving my opinion? I'll just get the usual rubbish thrown at me.

You'll be happy to know that I'll definately post less around here now, I've tried to have some grown up footy debate but some of you are way too angry and bitter to even construct a decent argument.

For the others that have welcomed me here, thank you and I think the football world could benefit from more fantatics like you.
You are one arrogant, patronising twat.

You say "what is the point in me . . . . . giving my opinion?" but you offer us your opinion every sodding day. If a few Fulham fans were discussing Roy Hodgson or the merits of their team, very few if any Arsenal fans would try to get involved and patronise them so what kick do you get out of doing it??

Being a typically bitter and angry Gooner - I've despised Man Utd since the 1970s (when they were still shit) and it's more to do with their arrogant fans than it is their team. Man U play some fantastic football but I'd want them to lose even if they were playing an Al Qaeda eleven.

If you don't want us to slag you off can I suggest that you stick to your own Forums or 606!

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

flash gunner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

naivety

a few days after manure thrashes us in the league at the grove a manc comes here saying he loves us and hopes wenger walks. he loves the arsenal and is simply "curious" about other teams supporters.

You need to grow up BG, there are bigger things in life to get angry about than a united fan (who in my opinion doesnt wind up) on here...
His post here is a lot of what other gooners have already written having said that im not sure he should have written a thread on it. Whats the big deal? I dont know your background but there are so many things to be angry/sad about in life this isnt one of them

this is true, but i dont think anybody is actually wound up over a forum because there is more to life like you said... i know im not but id prefer to see the end of him on here. :(

cant you see that he is digging flash?

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Monostich wrote:
clockendal wrote:
clockendal wrote:Is that your idea of laying low ?

You've clearly been reading all the articles on this forum for the past couple of weeks.

There are plenty of threads discussing the current situation at Arsenal and plenty of high emotion regarding the situation.

For someone who claims that he is not on a wind up, could you not have gauged the mood and opinion of Arsenal fans on here based on the numerous threads that currently exist ?

Instead you have to create a new one to create more tension on here.

You are well aware that some people think you are out to wind us up.

Your "oh I am a mature fan who cares about your opinions..." act is wearing a bit thin now mate.

In another post you have said "Well if the mods don't like me they will ban me"

Well I don't like you, nothing personal as I don't know you. But I do beleive your intentions on here are to wind people up.

There is enough debate internally amongst Arsenal fans without other fans igniting the debate.

Mods, I would suggest that one of you has a conversation with Mono as to his intentions, as in my opinon they are not as he states.

Thanks
Mono,

please can you respond to this post

Thanks
What is the point in me replying to anyone or giving my opinion? I'll just get the usual rubbish thrown at me.

You'll be happy to know that I'll definately post less around here now, I've tried to have some grown up footy debate but some of you are way too angry and bitter to even construct a decent argument.

For the others that have welcomed me here, thank you and I think the football world could benefit from more fantatics like you.
You are one arrogant, patronising twat.

You say "what is the point in me . . . . . giving my opinion?" but you offer us your opinion every sodding day. If a few Fulham fans were discussing Roy Hodgson or the merits of their team, very few if any Arsenal fans would try to get involved and patronise them so what kick do you get out of doing it??

Being a typically bitter and angry Gooner - I've despised Man Utd since the 1970s (when they were still shit) and it's more to do with their arrogant fans than it is their team. Man U play some fantastic football but I'd want them to lose even if they were playing an Al Qaeda eleven.

If you don't want us to slag you off can I suggest that you stick to your own Forums or 606!
:coffeespit:

Now this I agree with! :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

GallasVoice wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

naivety

this is true, but i dont think anybody is actually wound up over a forum because there is more to life like you said... i know im not but id prefer to see the end of him on here. :(

cant you see that he is digging flash?
I cant see it but if he is why give him what he wants? If you read his posts with no anti united thoughts a lot of what he says is ok (even if this thread isnt one of them)

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

FrenchGun wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:
clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.
common guys... You've got to be kidding. Arsenal is still one of the most respected club in the world. This thing about ''true fans'' and ''plastic fans'' is nonesense. I've never met anyone who stopped supporting a club because of a bad spell.
I'm 25, I've started supporting Arsenal around 10 years ago, when I really started getting interested in watching football (must admit I always taken more pleasure playing football rather than watching it). Also at the time I moved for one year in London. So now for me, it's 5 pleasant years and 5 years of deception. I'm sorry to say guys but even though I don't see our bad spell ending just yet, you wont see me on another club forum any time soon.

I'm arsenal till I die and I'm sure 99 percent of arsenal fans are the same.
This is naive in my opinion. I know a few people who have switched allegiances at some point in their adult lives. People who go on forums like this are more likely to be the 'true' fans but there are a hell of a lot of glory supporters out there, or just people who stop supporting because, for example, they've had enough of their team doing badly.

At the risk of sounding like our very own AW, there is hard economic data supporting this theory. I'd urge any football fan to read "Why England Lose" by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski(?). A very interesting chapter on the penalty shoot-out in the 08 CL final, and a great read overall. Probably very reasonably priced on Amazon I suspect, although I got it as a Christmas pressie.

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

hatemanu99 wrote:
FrenchGun wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:
clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.
common guys... You've got to be kidding. Arsenal is still one of the most respected club in the world. This thing about ''true fans'' and ''plastic fans'' is nonesense. I've never met anyone who stopped supporting a club because of a bad spell.
I'm 25, I've started supporting Arsenal around 10 years ago, when I really started getting interested in watching football (must admit I always taken more pleasure playing football rather than watching it). Also at the time I moved for one year in London. So now for me, it's 5 pleasant years and 5 years of deception. I'm sorry to say guys but even though I don't see our bad spell ending just yet, you wont see me on another club forum any time soon.

I'm arsenal till I die and I'm sure 99 percent of arsenal fans are the same.
This is naive in my opinion. I know a few people who have switched allegiances at some point in their adult lives. People who go on forums like this are more likely to be the 'true' fans but there are a hell of a lot of glory supporters out there, or just people who stop supporting because, for example, they've had enough of their team doing badly.

At the risk of sounding like our very own AW, there is hard economic data supporting this theory. I'd urge any football fan to read "Why England Lose" by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski(?). A very interesting chapter on the penalty shoot-out in the 08 CL final, and a great read overall. Probably very reasonably priced on Amazon I suspect, although I got it as a Christmas pressie.
then let them leave! They will come back when we start winning again :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Mono must be laughing at you getting so wound up. Just don't take him too seriously.
And I don't want Wenger to resign, I repect your opinion and agree with many of your points, but I don't want him to leave. I still think there is something to come from him.. :barscarf:

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

Monostich wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote: worry about the financial cesspit your club are in and leave arsenal to arsenal supporters to talk about.
I am worried, believe me! But what's the point in making a United thread on an Arsenal forum?
then why not try making them on a UNITED FORUM maybe they'll give a toss what you think :duh:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Well I've given my opinion a few times, I want Wenger out. Just as GG ended up being horrendously bad for Arsenal after taking us to great heights, Wenger is on the same path I fear. I am really resenting the man at the moment for his inactivity in addressing problems that have existed for years. I just can't believe those people saying 'Maybe he will buy two or three players in the summer.....blah blah blah' We have all been saying the same thing for years, how long do you put up with it? I want Wenger to go now, give us a chance to move on, and let Arsene be held in our memories as someone who changed the club immensely for the better, rather than slowly taking us out of the top 4.