Question For Gooners

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Post by goonersid »

norfbankN16 wrote:It's really annoying that people under 20, have no recollection of the George Graham era

WTF, give the lad a break he would have been at best a toddler :?
I think what Frank is getting at is that most of these people have been brought up on Wengers style of play, and are somewhat brainwashed into thinking we are incapable of ever winning anything without it or wenger.
I think I can categorically say that NO team of Wenger's, not even the invincibles, would have gone to Anfield in 89' and beaten a pool side on top of their game like GG's team did.
Simply because Wenger himself would have bottled it.

skipper

Post by skipper »

digger wrote:
skipper wrote:Win league by any means necessery.

I have also come up with a credible name for Wenger's replacement:

Felix Magath.

For those of you unfamiliar with the name, I suggest you do a little research...

:barscarf:
Don't know a lot about him, other than he was Bayern manager a few years back. Good? Works on a shoestring?
Won Bundesliga with Woilfsburg last season. That was Wolfsburgs second season in top division. Bought Dzeko from some Chech team for £3 I believe. Currently manager of Schalke 04, 3rd in Bundesliga at the moment, 3 points of the top...apparently not known for pampering his primadonas, he was making Wolfsburg players run up the hill with heavy rucksacks on :shock: :lol: If you ask me, just the kind of manager we need :wink:

norfbankN16

Post by norfbankN16 »

goonersid wrote:
norfbankN16 wrote:It's really annoying that people under 20, have no recollection of the George Graham era

I think what Frank is getting at is that most of these people have been brought up on Wengers style of play, and are somewhat brainwashed into thinking we are incapable of ever winning anything without it or wenger.
I think I can categorically say that NO team of Wenger's, not even the invincibles, would have gone to Anfield in 89' and beaten a pool side on top of their game like GG's team did.
the team Arsene inherited would have done, but you're right through time the team has gotten weaker and weaker.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

norfbankN16 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

the team Arsene inherited would have done, but you're right through time the team has gotten weaker and weaker.
But the team that Wenger inherited wasnt Wengers team

REB

Post by REB »

win at any cost 8)

some good points there about gg, between 87 and 92 we were not that boring and had plenty of footballers like rocky,limpar and merson, the only reason we were disliked is that our defence was so mean that if the strikers couldnt score then adams and bould just shut up shop.

george graham gave gooners back there pride and made us champions which a lot of us had waited a long time for.
so give me 1-0 and a league title anyday of the week :wink:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Winning is everything

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Connolly 55,

If you want an answer, just think of how you feel tonight after a 1-0 win with a scrappy performance, and compare it to how you felt Sunday after a 2-0 loss but a relatively good performance.

Winning might not be everything, but it sure as heck beats losing, even if not playing the prettiest football!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Connolly 55,

If you want an answer, just think of how you feel tonight after a 1-0 win with a scrappy performance, and compare it to how you felt Sunday after a 2-0 loss but a relatively good performance.

Winning might not be everything, but it sure as heck beats losing, even if not playing the prettiest football!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
The man with the smoke makes sense.