A beautiful sight...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

:( I miss highbury so much...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We could'nt extend Highbury for two reasons - the local council and the fact that the East and West stands were listed buildings!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

TeeCee wrote:We could'nt extend Highbury for two reasons - the local council and the fact that the East and West stands were listed buildings!
i don't think there was any will from the club to look into staying at highbury. the potential of corporate facilities and club level seating swung it.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

marcengels wrote:
TeeCee wrote:We could'nt extend Highbury for two reasons - the local council and the fact that the East and West stands were listed buildings!
i don't think there was any will from the club to look into staying at highbury. the potential of corporate facilities and club level seating swung it.
The only way we could have extended was to have knocked the Clockend down. It was built pre Hillsborugh with standing in mind.

So you could only really knock it down and build a similar tier to the north bank.
So whats that clockend held 5,000 nothbank 15,000. So that would have only meant 48,000. But......that would have been without having the corporate hospitally. Like it or loath it but its how we pay our wages! :oops:

Does anyone remember the original design of the North bank on the end of the 90/91 video. Totally different to what was built. Had rap around corners

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

I miss Highbury very,very much :cry: The memories i had there are irreplaceable from such great teams we had whilst there.........and now another beautiful sight

sorry...couldn't resist it!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Boomer wrote:
marcengels wrote:
The only way we could have extended was to have knocked the Clockend down. It was built pre Hillsborugh with standing in mind.

So you could only really knock it down and build a similar tier to the north bank.
So whats that clockend held 5,000 nothbank 15,000. So that would have only meant 48,000. But......that would have been without having the corporate hospitally. Like it or loath it but its how we pay our wages! :oops:

Does anyone remember the original design of the North bank on the end of the 90/91 video. Totally different to what was built. Had rap around corners
I think the rap around corners were slung because of "natural light" laws... :?

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Do you remember it? Good work to anyone if could find and post a picture of it!