Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hatemanu99

Re: Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting..

Post by hatemanu99 »

Pott wrote:Arsenal.

What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal, and it was EPIC. But that was 3 seasons ago and I've never seen them win a trophy. By the end of this season, three thirds of the midfield had departed (Hleb, Flamini and Silva) and Henry had left too.

I'm sad to say I never got to actually watch an Arsenal game with Henry playing... nor any of the legends from the invincibles except from Lehmann and Toure.

:banghead:
Is that a joke? Three thirds? You really are a fcuking idiot

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

hatemanu99 wrote:

What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal, and it was EPIC. But that was 3 seasons ago and I've never seen them win a trophy. By the end of this season, three thirds of the midfield had departed (Hleb, Flamini and Silva) and Henry had left too.

I'm sad to say I never got to actually watch an Arsenal game with Henry playing... nor any of the legends from the invincibles except from Lehmann and Toure.

He's a frenchman give him a break i bet his english is better than your french

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

flash gunner wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:

He's a frenchman give him a break i bet his english is better than your french
Fair cop

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He's posting from Amsterdam so is prob Dutch (or an ex-pat Frenchman!) so maybe PSG should have read PSV?

Either way, let's not nit-pick over people's writing or language skills. I have to read every thread on here and some of it is just gibberish ain't that right Spuddy??!! :lol: :wink:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

BelgianGooner wrote:You're French and you know you are!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Explains everything, just back from France. There are arrogant bunch..!!

Pott

Post by Pott »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't support a team for trophies or their past glory. I didn't even know about the invincibles when I started supporting Arsenal. I supported them because I loved the football I was seeing, and I still do.

As for where I'm from, it's slightly irrelevent isn't it? My English is just fine and certainly not the issue here, my distraction however is, I did mean three quarters ;) As for being a 'fucking idiot', I think some of you guys need to get 1) a sense of tolerance or 2) a sense of humor.

And it was indeed PSG, not PSV. I'm a Parisian born and bred, though that may not mean I'm French.

In my defence I'll say I've always hated ManU, just because Ferguson and Ronaldo are whining bitches. Thankfully bitch #1 is gone, that still leaves quite a few though.

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

Pott wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't support a team for trophies or their past glory. I didn't even know about the invincibles when I started supporting Arsenal. I supported them because I loved the football I was seeing, and I still do.

As for where I'm from, it's slightly irrelevent isn't it? My English is just fine and certainly not the issue here, my distraction however is, I did mean three quarters ;) As for being a 'fucking idiot', I think some of you guys need to get 1) a sense of tolerance or 2) a sense of humor.

And it was indeed PSG, not PSV. I'm a Parisian born and bred, though that may not mean I'm French.

In my defence I'll say I've always hated ManU, just because Ferguson and Ronaldo are whining bitches. Thankfully bitch #1 is gone, that still leaves quite a few though.
That sounds like something on that old game show with Matthew Kelly, Going for Gold I think..

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

clockendal wrote:

That sounds like something on that old game show with Matthew Kelly, Going for Gold I think..
Henry Kelly :roll: :wink:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i instantly like you mate.

you like the arsenal, you like beautiful football, you hate manchester united.

you are class, sir 8) :wink:

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

flash gunner wrote:
clockendal wrote:

Henry Kelly :roll: :wink:
Ta ! :oops:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I know Pott personally (his dad's a mate) and can vouch for the fact he is a good lad. He is a bit of a mongrel though having lived in all sorts of weird places, including Edinburgh and Amsterdam. he speaks fluent English but with the weirdest accent, part French, Scottish, and American. :lol:

Pott, mon brave if you are looking for tolerance then you are definitely on the wrong Forum. :wink: And the sense of humour (English spelling) is very specific and in many cases totally bizarre (step forward Mr ****). We will have to organise you losing your virginity at The Home Of Football. Why don't you see if you can get over for one of the later games this season. Should be almost guaranteed to get a ticket for Fulham 9th May (unless of course we need 3 points to clinch the title! :lol: )

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

safcftm wrote:

must be a wind up!

You've never seen them win a trophy? In a whole 3 years?

Could be worse, you could support a side who, since you were born in 1984, have won fuck all, never look likely to win fuck all, and have twice in recent history broken the worst ever points total in a division.

I travelled from central scotland to every fucking home league game one season and never saw my team fucking win. Nevermind a fucking trophy, we didnt win a fucking match (we did actually, i went to see us at home to fulham, we were one nil down and it was called off, i couldnt get to the rearranged game which we won). Arsenal get to a champions league final against barca, we celebrate when we beat fucking barrow because its our only win since fucking october

Some people dont know they're born, they really dont, try supporting rochdale, bottom league with no promotion or relegation for 36 years, thats the kind of shit fans have to put up with

No trophy in 3 years, me heart bleeds :roll:
Nice one - But try going to watch Cardiff City play 1 fa cup and nothing for 80 years then Kanu scores and ruins it.
Cardiff are like the Arsenal in a way cos they are skint as well.

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Explains everything, just back from France. There are arrogant bunch..!!

stop it,i m gonna blush... :oops:

re op,
surely one of those banlieusards de merde...

Pott

Post by Pott »

Nope. True Parisian. :D

And yeah Chippy, seems like an idea. If I get a job, I'll join you for an Arsenal weekend!

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

Crikey, Pott, fair play to you for becoming an Arsenal fan, but honestly, mate, you're bloody lucky to have seen the light when you did.
Four years without a trophy is nothing.
I waited 12 years to see us win the title (I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, actually, that's how average we were in the mid-70s!).
We lost FA Cup Finals against Ipswich Town and West Ham ffs!
Luton Town beat us in the '88 League Cup Final.
If you've become a Gooner in the past few years then you are truly blessed.
It has been one of the most exciting times in our history.
:barscarf: