Arsenal v Burnley

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pott

Post by Pott »

What formation was used today? I couldn't watch the game but I saw Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner AND Walcott play all at once, while they usually make up our front three.
Kinda like a 4 5 1 with a very attacking minded midfield and only one holding player (Denilson I'm guessing?), and Bendtner in front?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It's an old picture, but after today I think it's as relevant as ever... :lol:

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

Pott wrote:What formation was used today? I couldn't watch the game but I saw Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner AND Walcott play all at once, while they usually make up our front three.
Kinda like a 4 5 1 with a very attacking minded midfield and only one holding player (Denilson I'm guessing?), and Bendtner in front?
If you think of it as a 4-3-3 Nasri played in the middle 3 with Dennis Nielsen and Fabregas, and he had one of the best games of his season. If Fabregas is out for Tuesday, I'd like to keep him there with Diaby and Song because he's coming in to some form it seems.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Where to start after that ???????

On 90 minutes - Eboue was Man of the Match - and I would never thought that I would live to say that !!!!! :shock:

But he was.

Bendtner will doubtless get a tsunami of stick - in one sense deservedly so, but also, a tad unfair as he never shirked a single pass.........

Walcott - characteristically pathetic in the first 45 minutes. Exemplary in the second 45 minutes !

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Cesc is at least 33% of the team - and the rest.

Can we - will we - win the title? I don't think so :( 8) But it's a good spectacle all the same. 8) 8) 8)

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

augie wrote:I know he wasnt at fault for the goal but did anybody see average al's dive when the ball was gone into the net ? Wtf was that all about :? :roll: Also has to be said that, in a game where he had fcuk all to do, he still manage to come from two crosses and balls them up :roll: :x :oops:
I was thinking the same. I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect a keeper to have anticipated that ball for Nugent come out :idea:

A sorry excuse of an effort to save for Almunia. I dunno, hes been really bad all season. He just isn't good enough and we'll have to stick with him. I know I've criticised him but if a player simply isn't good enough, maybe its unfair to be critical :idea: :?:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

The almunia dive? This man is an utter disgrace to this football club, he not only dived AFTER the ball had gone over him but he did it like acrobatically, for the cameras again. Idiot :roll: 8)

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Captain Fabregas wrote:
augie wrote:
I know he wasnt at fault for the goal but did anybody see average al's dive when the ball was gone into the net ? Wtf was that all about :? :roll: Also has to be said that, in a game where he had fcuk all to do, he still manage to come from two crosses and balls them up :roll: :x :oops:
Although he made several sweeping runs which fabianski etc would of never done and also stopped some stingers, not saying he is great but he is doing what is ask of him..
:roll: But he clearly didn't. At least 2 occasions when he made a hash of crosses, the last one which could have lead to an equaliser. What is asked of him is to deal with these things, and he didn't. So can't quite understand why you would say that.

:shock: :?

hutchy08

Post by hutchy08 »

On 90 minutes - Eboue was Man of the Match - and I would never thought that I would live to say that !!!!! Shocked

But he was.
why is it such a shock, he was easily mom against sunderland aswell!

not many better attacking full backs in the world at the moment in my opinion...back to the eboue of 05/06

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:Image

Yeah - looks gutted..... :roll:

Also heard him on the radio on the way home - didnt sound particularly gutted either.
maybe he isnt so gutted cos we won 3-1. If we had drawn or lost then i think he would be devistated. Lets hope he can right the wrong on Tuesday night :barscarf:

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote: Super Nick???? :shock: :shock: Just what is his self-belief based on cos he is no better than Lee Chapman, John Hawley or Frannie Jeffers.
Chapman and Hawley are good comparisons for Bendtner.
At 22, we've just gotta hope he eventually comes good (or we flog him off for ridiculous money, a la Adebayor).

Sadly, old Nik just won't learn to shut his f*king mouth and let his performances do the talking.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3584 ... re-doubted

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Rob wrote:Where to start after that ???????

On 90 minutes - Eboue was Man of the Match - and I would never thought that I would live to say that !!!!! :shock:

But he was.

Bendtner will doubtless get a tsunami of stick - in one sense deservedly so, but also, a tad unfair as he never shirked a single pass.........

Walcott - characteristically pathetic in the first 45 minutes. Exemplary in the second 45 minutes !

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Cesc is at least 33% of the team - and the rest.

Can we - will we - win the title? I don't think so :( 8) But it's a good spectacle all the same. 8) 8) 8)
I think that's a fair summing up Rob, except to say that in young Nick's case if you talk the talk you have to walk the walk.....and sadly for him the most productive walk was the one to the sub's bench. Everyone can have an off day but at times his finishing was on the same comedy scale as Akinbiyi's when he was at Leicester (and opposing fans used to cheer when he came on !)